Ann Coulter nails it in two “WALL” tweets.

NotfooledbyW

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
If there are any cling-on Trumpo supporters/idolaters our there please explain why Coultergeist is wrong:

“To declare a national emergency, Trump will now have to argue that a bill HE SIGNED was unconstitutional,” she said. “Ask your new AG if this is a good idea.”

“There's no coming back from this. No "emergency" or presidential powers will allow him to build the wall, ever, after he signs this bill. Trump has just agreed to fully open borders.
3:58 PM · Feb 14, 2019 ·

I believe Couiter ‘nailed it” better than anyone where she points out that Trumpo’s emergency declaration is an exercise in futility because simultaneously with declaring an energency he performed a constitutional act with Congress that he now must argue was unconstitutional.

What do the MAGAduped here think if Annie’s point?

How about it, conservatives. Has Annie put another nail in Trumpo's political coffin while other pundits like Hannity and Limbaugh are clinging to the Trumpo hate wagon to the bitter and futile end.

Last edited:
Coulter has morphed into a crazy mental like many who thought President Trump could become a dictator.

I don't see an issue with declaring a national emergency. The dems want de-facto open borders, that itself is unconstitutional, as are sanctuary cities/states. They swore to protect the US, and then do not allow the president to extend the wall and replace ineffective fences due to inadequate funding. Yet we protect borders in South Korea, Ukraine, Iraq, Poland, etc.

Signing the Bill and then declaring a national emergency puts the issue to the courts to define presidential authority regarding emergencies and re-purposing approved funds. The many caravans coming up from Central America do present a clear and present danger to the US.

Coulter is losing it. Maybe she needs to go on MSNBC and become a never-Trumper?

Here's the thing. Trump knows the "Emergency Declaration" will be slapped down by the courts and congress. Even he isn't that dense.

But he can go back to the inbred, bible thumping mouth-breathers who voted for him and say, "I tried to keep them Mexicans out. I really tried".
How do you define someone like me who doesn't want unfettered and unchecked floods of illegals?

Keep in mind my position is arrived at from a business stand point. We have a LARGE population of illegals in KC and that population has a negative impact on the construction industry. The industry I made my career in.

He should start a war with Mexico. You know? A good false flag operation American presidents are famous for. Then the MSM being the lovers of all wars, will line up behind him and get their friends, Hillary voters, to approve.

I don't see an issue with declaring a national emergency. The dems want de-facto open borders, that itself is unconstitutional, as are sanctuary cities/states. They swore to protect the US, and then do not allow the president to extend the wall and replace ineffective fences due to inadequate funding. Yet we protect borders in South Korea, Ukraine, Iraq, Poland, etc.

Those borders face actual threats...

No, "My Daughter might Date a Mexican" is not a national emergency.

Signing the Bill and then declaring a national emergency puts the issue to the courts to define presidential authority regarding emergencies and re-purposing approved funds. The many caravans coming up from Central America do present a clear and present danger to the US.

Actually, I think your tiny little brain hasn't thought this through at all. Let's say the Courts actually uphold Trump's position, that if you hysterically scream about a "problem" (not really) and call it a national emergency, he can override congress and the law.

Then in 2020, Trump and the GOP get voted out of office, and the new Democrat President declares "gun violence' a "National Emergency" (because it is killing far more people than undocumented immigrants being bad drivers are). The ATF then proceeds to go around confiscating guns because... National Emergency.

You boys didn't think this one through at all, did you?

How do you define someone like me who doesn't want unfettered and unchecked floods of illegals?

Keep in mind my position is arrived at from a business stand point. We have a LARGE population of illegals in KC and that population has a negative impact on the construction industry. The industry I made my career in.

I would still define you as an idiot, honestly.

Your argument would hold some merit if we had millions of people crossing the border every year, like we did in the 90's and early Oughts... but it's gone down to pretty much a trickle, not because of fences or better security, but because of better enforcement of workplaces.

If you are really concerned that your competitors are using undocumented labor to underbid you, file a complaint. Work for tougher contracting and workplace enforcement.

Since most undocumented immigrants come here on legal visas (Work, Student, Marriage) and then violate or overstay those visas, it would seem that the better place to work on it is verification, not building a monument to Trump's Ego on the southern border.

Grampa Murked U, post: 2182205
Can't argue her point but of course I am no lawyer.
I’m no lawyer either but it seems very practical and logical that Trumpo can’t have it both ways. He should not have signed a law that addresses border security while at the same time declaring a national emergency to resolve a supposed crisis at the border. He will have to prove in court a genuine crisis exists that justifies over-riding what Congress has simultaneously passed into law. That should be a very tough sell in court.

I hear that the law Trump will sign contains a provision that caps the number of beds INS can have for detaining undocumented foreigners who have been caught breaking US laws. It also restricts the type of barriers and fences to those already approved by Congress and in place. No Trumpo new prototypes are authorized. Not one dollar for any of that wall.

If Trump signs that he will be agreeing in principle that there is no crisis or emergency that needs to be addressed. And that his vision of a wall is not needed.

Trumpo should have at least demanded a clean CR and declared his emergency long ago. It wouid still have problems but this way appears to be going nowhere.

So I’m wondering if Trumpo and his loyal fans are going to attack and ridicule Coulter for pointing out something harmful to them but is based upon very solid thinking.

I’m eager to hear the Pro-Trumpo Cons weigh in on Couiter.

Perhaps they won’t show up at all.

Actually, I think your tiny little brain hasn't thought this through at all. Let's say the Courts actually uphold Trump's position, that if you hysterically scream about a "problem" (not really) and call it a national emergency, he can override congress and the law.

Then in 2020, Trump and the GOP get voted out of office, and the new Democrat President declares "gun violence' a "National Emergency" (because it is killing far more people than undocumented immigrants being bad drivers are). The ATF then proceeds to go around confiscating guns because... National Emergency.

1. Drugs coming across the southern border kill more Americans in one year than all of the mass shootings to date, That is a true emergency. That 90% of the drugs "seized" come thru the POAs doesn't mean that way more drugs go around the POAs. My brother was on the southern border in the AF and they tracked the drug cartel planes coming over but were not allowed to contact DEA or law enforcement. So you have no clue how they get drugs into the US.

2. Sure we thought it thru, if they send the ATF for our guns, bring a lunch. Besides the 2nd Amendment would win in court. Similarly, going full "New Green Deal" or "single payer healthcare" runs into funding issues. So the president has plenty of guard-rails, including a "resolution of disapproval" which cancels the emergency.

Grampa Murked U, post: 2182205
Can't argue her point but of course I am no lawyer.
I’m no lawyer either but it seems very practical and logical that Trumpo can’t have it both ways. He should not have signed a law that addresses border security while at the same time declaring a national emergency to resolve a supposed crisis at the border. He will have to prove in court a genuine crisis exists that justifies over-riding what Congress has simultaneously passed into law. That should be a very tough sell in court.

I hear that the law Trump will sign contains a provision that caps the number of beds INS can have for detaining undocumented foreigners who have been caught breaking US laws. It also restricts the type of barriers and fences to those already approved by Congress and in place. No Trumpo new prototypes are authorized. Not one dollar for any of that wall.

If Trump signs that he will be agreeing in principle that there is no crisis or emergency that needs to be addressed. And that his vision of a wall is not needed.

Trumpo should have at least demanded a clean CR and declared his emergency long ago. It wouid still have problems but this way appears to be going nowhere.

So I’m wondering if Trumpo and his loyal fans are going to attack and ridicule Coulter for pointing out something harmful to them but is based upon very solid thinking.

I’m eager to hear the Pro-Trumpo Cons weigh in on Couiter.

Perhaps they won’t show up at all.
Perhaps you should start at post #5, then go to post #11

I believe Couiter ‘nailed it” better than anyone where she points out that Trumpo’s emergency declaration is an exercise in futility because simultaneously with declaring an energency he performed a constitutional act with Congress that he now must argue was unconstitutional.

Usually, declaring an act unconstitutional would involve pointing to a Constitutional provision violated by that act.

Funny thing is, Annie didn't, and probably couldn't. Which is why she wouldn't even try.

Goes without saying, no one with a hint of a legitimate claim to self-respect would ever follow Annie's twitter droppings in their spare time.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
The dems want de-facto open borders,

Troubkevus with your point is it is simply based upon this lie “The dems want de-facto open borders” and that gives absolutely nowhere in court.

And to RW Annie’s point Trump just agreed to a Democrat sponsidered provision containing over a billion dollars for more border fencing and barriers.

How do you explain that to a District Circuit judge that Democrats are putting up fences to keep the birder open?

Coulter is right. Trumpo has sold you out. Failed you big time.

If there are any cling-on Trumpo supporters/idolaters our there please explain why Coultergeist is wrong:

“To declare a national emergency, Trump will now have to argue that a bill HE SIGNED was unconstitutional,” she said. “Ask your new AG if this is a good idea.”

“There's no coming back from this. No "emergency" or presidential powers will allow him to build the wall, ever, after he signs this bill. Trump has just agreed to fully open borders.
3:58 PM · Feb 14, 2019 ·

What do the MAGAduped here think if Annie’s point?

How about it, conservatives. Has Annie put another nail in Trumpo's political coffin while other pundits like Hannity and Limbaugh are clinging to the Trumpo hate wagon to the bitter and futile end.
/——/ you lost me at Trump hate wagon. You couldn’t resist the petty digs could you? You Chump

Wrong

Democrats have already showed they will do anything even rig elections

So no sense in not declaring an emergency first because the democrats have proven total crookedness

So this goes back to universal law of might makes right

Who has the men will always win

Trump has the REAL power here

The men and especially the highest logics white men by a landslide

Abortion proves the democrats will do anything and even murder babies when science is screaming its murder

So trump acting first is a big win

And he will make a 2nd emergency act to make logic tests for voters and these
Crooked democrats will be swept out of power

/—-/ “No, "My Daughter might Date a Mexican" is not a national emergency. ”
STFU with your hatred and racism. My blonde hair blue eyed daughter is marrying a guy from Columbia and I couldn’t be happier for them both. And yes he’s a US citizen.

/——/ Gun ownership is a constitutional right no president can over ride. The USSC would smack it down in 2 seconds.

Last edited:

Usually, declaring an act unconstitutional would involve pointing to a Constitutional provision violated by that act.

Funny thing is, Annie didn't, and probably couldn't. Which is why she wouldn't even try.

Goes without saying, no one with a hint of a legitimate claim to self-respect would ever follow Annie's twitter droppings in their spare time.

Annie has not declared anything unconstitutional. Go back and read her tweets. Then get back to us.

1. Drugs coming across the southern border kill more Americans in one year than all of the mass shootings to date, That is a true emergency. That 90% of the drugs "seized" come thru the POAs doesn't mean that way more drugs go around the POAs. My brother was on the southern border in the AF and they tracked the drug cartel planes coming over but were not allowed to contact DEA or law enforcement. So you have no clue how they get drugs into the US.

Um, guy, more Americans die from abusing legal opioids and meth brewed up in trailer parks. We've locked up millions of people, but as long as people want drugs, we will have a drug problem. NEXT!!!!

2. Sure we thought it thru, if they send the ATF for our guns, bring a lunch. Besides the 2nd Amendment would win in court. Similarly, going full "New Green Deal" or "single payer healthcare" runs into funding issues. So the president has plenty of guard-rails, including a "resolution of disapproval" which cancels the emergency.

Uh, guy, you've already stated that calling something a "national emergency" allows the president to ignore the courts and congress. Again, you all didn't think this through at all.

and shit, you guys think shooting some ATF agents is going to make you more sympathetic. Ask David Koresh how that worked out.

New Topics

Forum List

Back