Angel tree gifts

Bless your heart Drifter. I love this part of Christmas.

Mom and I used to do a few things... a few names off the angel trees included. I loved it but I seem to have lost something when I lost her and I haven't got it back.

I'm helping out in the kitchen they have for poor folks and elderly for a bit. Maybe I'll stay on as a volunteer after the holidays.

Bless your heart Drifter. I love this part of Christmas.

Mom and I used to do a few things... a few names off the angel trees included. I loved it but I seem to have lost something when I lost her and I haven't got it back.

I'm helping out in the kitchen they have for poor folks and elderly for a bit. Maybe I'll stay on as a volunteer after the holidays.
Sorry about your loss. I can't imagine it. I volunteered at refuge center and the food pantry a few years back and stopped too. Giving back takes me away from myself and makes me realize lots of people have it hard and I gotta remind myself of that. I am lucky for all I have. I hope my angel girl likes her shirt. I definitely put thought into it and was picky. Lol

Learn about Wreaths Across America's Mission to Remember, Honor and Teach

Join us on National Wreaths Across America Day December 14, 2019
Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach is carried out by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery, as well as at more than 1,600 additional locations in all 50 U.S. states, at sea and abroad.

Join us by sponsoring a veterans’ wreath at a cemetery near you, volunteering or donating to a local fundraising group.

I am doing the same charities I do throughout the year, but I happily get spend more time on them now that the year is wrapping up. Merry Christmas to all you wonderful people. All the best!

Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach is carried out by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery, as well as at more than 1,600 additional locations in all 50 U.S. states, at sea and abroad.

Join us by sponsoring a veterans’ wreath at a cemetery near you, volunteering or donating to a local fundraising group.
Wow that's neat!

Thank you Drifter. Not all days are hard, but I do sometimes wonder if I'll ever be all me again, if you know what I mean.

Ah well.Even on a bad day I'm still one of the funniest bitches I know. ;)

I need to volunteer for some other stuff too. Keep myself busy. I tried at a animal shelter for about 13 minutes and that shit will rip your heart out. I couldn't do it. I may try again some day if I grow a spine.

Wow that's neat!

I don't recall when I started doing this but I do remember they were on Fox & Friends and so I looked them up and have been doing it every year since...

I am doing the same charities I do throughout the year, but with I happily get spend more time on them now that the year is wrapping up. Merry Christmas to all you wonderful people. All the best!
Which charities are you find of ?

I’m involved with a couple associated with the local parish, but my favorite is Meals on Wheels. I do a lot of kitchen work, but the best part is hanging out with the older folks on or after the delivery. We get to chew the fat, or maybe play a couple hands of cards, or help around the house in some way.

When I feel better, I am going to hit the dollar store and buy a bunch of socks, soaps, tissues, baby wipes, cards, etc..just different stuff, then bag up items willy nilly (but all with socks included) and then drive over to the homeless place (local park they hang out at) and hand them out.

I hear ya, Deanna, about the animal shelter. I did it for a few months back when I had money, my own store, and the house I thought was my forever home. Paid for over 100 dogs to be spayed/neutered, plus paid the adoption fees for dogs to be found homes faster. Also supplied blankies and stuffed animals for them too. I hated going there. Hated it. Iwanted to bring them all home. Finally had to stop. Heart broke and never did mend from that stint.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Thank you Drifter. Not all days are hard, but I do sometimes wonder if I'll ever be all me again, if you know what I mean.

Ah well.Even on a bad day I'm still one of the funniest bitches I know. ;)

I need to volunteer for some other stuff too. Keep myself busy. I tried at a animal shelter for about 13 minutes and that shit will rip your heart out. I couldn't do it. I may try again some day if I grow a spine.

I get choked up over animals and it would have to be a no-kill shelter for me. But even then I get attached really fast and so for me it would be hard to volunteer there.

When I feel better, I am going to hit the dollar store and buy a bunch of socks, soaps, tissues, baby wipes, cards, etc..just different stuff, then bag up items willy nilly (but all with socks included) and then drive over to the homeless place (local park they hang out at) and hand them out.

I hear ya, Deanna, about the animal shelter. I did it for a few months back when I had money, my own store, and the house I thought was my forever home. Paid for over 100 dogs to be spayed/neutered, plus paid the adoption fees for dogs to be found homes faster. Also supplied blankies and stuffed animals for them too. I hated going there. Hated it. Iwanted to bring them all home. Finally had to stop. Heart broke and never did mend from that stint.

Wow, that is so cool. Right now i am only doing angel tree but I probably need to do more.

I am doing the same charities I do throughout the year, but with I happily get spend more time on them now that the year is wrapping up. Merry Christmas to all you wonderful people. All the best!

I’m involved with a couple associated with the local parish, but my favorite is Meals on Wheels. I do a lot of kitchen work, but the best part is hanging out with the older folks on or after the delivery. We get to chew the fat, or maybe play a couple hands of cards, or help around the house in some way.

Meals on wheels is excellent. You're a really good person.

Wow that's neat!

I don't recall when I started doing this but I do remember they were on Fox & Friends and so I looked them up and have been doing it every year since...

I never even thought about it until you posted it and I'm glad you did.

You’re a wonderfully sweet soul and I’m working a being a great person. lol

You’re a wonderfully sweet soul and I’m working a being a great person. lol

Thanks, I appreciate that lately I feel self-loathing:lol: but I also want to be better.

You are a very kind person, Drifter. Very kind. Big heart. Why you self loathe, I have no clue because you need to love yourself cuz you ARE loved by others. Might not show on a constant basis, but you are.

Forum List

Back