And Still Another Study on Fox News - still the same

Mertex

Cat Lady =^..^=
Apr 27, 2013
How long before Faux News viewers are able to figure it out for themselves? Maybe they like having false information?

MON DEC 13, 2010 AT 04:41 PM PST
Yet another study has been released that proves that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland,conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What's more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation.

So the more you watch, the less you know. Or to be precise, the more you think you know that is actually false.

CONFIRMED New Study Proves That Fox News Makes You Stupid

Fox News isn't really a news channel...they offer editorialized news - just like MSNBC. If you watch either one as your sole source of news...coupled with biased websites and like minded lemmings reinforcing idiocy on forums, you are a lemming.

Fox News isn't really a news channel...they offer editorialized news - just like MSNBC. If you watch either one as your sole source of news...coupled with biased websites and like minded lemmings reinforcing idiocy on forums, you are a lemming.

I call it "News Theater". It's "As the World Turns" without the logo.

How long before Faux News viewers are able to figure it out for themselves? Maybe they like having false information?

Yet another study has been released that proves that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland,conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What's more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation.

So the more you watch, the less you know. Or to be precise, the more you think you know that is actually false.

I miss Dan Rather......fake, but accurate. LOL!

Daily Kos confirms Fox make you stupid? Yup OK Gotcha.

I dunno where y'all are getting "Daily Kos" from -- when I click the link it goes to WorldPublicOpinion.org

Does DailyKos do surveys?

Probably just as soon as the communist professors at Maryland can get their phony survey into a legitimate news organization as opposed to THIS...

DailyKOS-mmunist_zps72db5532.jpg

Well the story was run by the Daily Kos....so it has to be legit....right?

Daily Kos didn't do the survey, just reporting it.....and this was back in 2010.....so, you can believe it or not...:)

Page 20
There were however a number of cases where greater exposure to a news source increased misinformation on a specific issue.

Those who watched Fox News almost daily were significantly more likely than those who never watched it to believe that:

␣ most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses (8 points more likely)
most economists have estimated the health care law will worsen the deficit (31 points)
␣ the economy is getting worse (26 points)
␣ most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring (30 points)
␣ the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts (14 points)
␣ their own income taxes have gone up (14 points)
␣ the auto bailout only occurred under Obama (13 points)
␣ when TARP came up for a vote most Republicans opposed it (12 points)
␣ and that it is not clear that Obama was born in the United States (31 points)

These effects increased incrementally with increasing levels of exposure and all were statistically significant. The effect was also not simply a function of partisan bias, as people who voted Democratic and watched Fox News were also more likely to have such misinformation than those who did not watch it--though by a lesser margin than those who voted Republican.

There were cases with some other news sources as well.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/dec10/Misinformation_Dec10_rpt.pdf

Last edited:
Second link point to Kos. I don't go there as I'm afraid my head will turn to mush like all the others that hang out there.

You couldn't handle the truth....your head would explode, after being so brainwashed by Faux.

Probably just as soon as the communist professors at Maryland can get their phony survey into a legitimate news organization as opposed to THIS...

DailyKOS-mmunist_zps72db5532.jpg

Oops......too late for you, I'm afraid.......continue to drink the KoolAid.....:)

Forum List

Back