"...And L-rd, thankyou for not making me a woman."

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
How a Jewish prayer ends. Jewish men thank G-d for not making us a woman. Though often used to claim Judaism treats woman unfairly, the exact opposite is in fact the case. It's humbling ourselves (men) by admitting we couldn't handle what women do.

Also, recently talking to my Mom and her mentioning how she's getting her nails donw including her toe nails, I thanked G-d for not having been born a female. :) Coming on the heels of a snowfall I asked her if she was even wearing sandals out n about like thinking it's still too cold. "No." - "So then who's gonna know if you get your toenails done anyway?" I asked. "I'll know." she replied.

"L-rd, thank you SO much for not making me a woman." I couldn't handle it. :)

How a Jewish prayer ends. Jewish men thank G-d for not making us a woman. Though often used to claim Judaism treats woman unfairly, the exact opposite is in fact the case. It's humbling ourselves (men) by admitting we couldn't handle what women do.

Also, recently talking to my Mom and her mentioning how she's getting her nails donw including her toe nails, I thanked G-d for not having been born a female. :) Coming on the heels of a snowfall I asked her if she was even wearing sandals out n about like thinking it's still too cold. "No." - "So then who's gonna know if you get your toenails done anyway?" I asked. "I'll know." she replied.

"L-rd, thank you SO much for not making me a woman." I couldn't handle it. :)

So sweet. :eusa_angel:

why did you report him....i think the ultras do that...i am not sure.....

but still why report the post? just curious....

i ask a jewish friend why he prayed so hard...he did the box on the forehead and strapped his arm.....i remember him saying women were closer to his god by the virtue of childbirth....no man can give life...only god and women could do that...

the dude was married and always having affairs...is that a jewish trait?

i ask a jewish friend why he prayed so hard...he did the box on the forehead and strapped his arm.....i remember him saying women were closer to his god by the virtue of childbirth....no man can give life...only god and women could do that...

The 'box' and 'strap' are found in Torah. The box contains a copy of the 10 Commandments, I honestly don't get the strap. Know the passage in question but I think it's taking it too literally. It's from Shema, one of the daily prayers. Says,

SHEMA

Hear, Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One.
Blessed be the Name of His glorious kingdom for ever and ever.
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be in your heart.
And you shall teach them diligently to your children, and you shall speak of them
when you sit at home, and when you walk along the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up.
And you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be for frontlets between your eyes.
So you shall put these, my words, on your heart and on your soul;
and you shall bind them for signs on your hands, and they shall be for frontlets between your eyes.

I interpret it more symbollicly, the orthodox types interpret it more literally.

The hole in the sheet myth is discussed here. As to the remark being reported, I thought it was funny myself. If a Jew took offense, oh lighten up. See it as a teaching experience and opportunity for a pos mitvah learn Torah, and teach it. :)

Judaism 101: Kosher Sex

i knew what was in the box and he did explain the leather binding on his arm....i have forgotten that....

i always thought it was odd what he adhered too and what he didnt

okay i am so not interested in kosher sex

*thinks this could just be a jewish boys pick up line*

but riddle me.....dont you think the bible was the greatest pr book for jews ever?

Greatest PR book? Not really. Lotta damning stuff in there. Would say the main source of antisemitism comes from people who've actually read it cover to cover. Only defense to those things seems to be "Because G-d said so." That's not much of a defense.

As to 'what he adherred to, what he didn't.' As in every faith, even the supposedly orthodox or fundamentalists pick and choose. My opinion is full compliance with religious laws and duties is literally impossible in modern society. You'd be doing nothing else but fulfilling religious laws and obligations if you tried.

o the dietary laws....i dont care about that...but he had this great morality then he didnt....with women...he was very weak....lucky for him he had the money to deal with it...an example..his wife got sick of it...tossed him...he will buy her a new car every year...his logic....she has his kids and its more dangerous where they live...and he wants his kids to be as safe as they can....i would tell him to move the family here...he would say...we are jews....that is our home...as far as i can figure...she kept all her credit cards and accounts and he pays them....to this day...as long as she lives he feels a moral responsibility to care for her...she is a good mother and was a good wife...his logic..not her fault he is a dog....

but back to this religion issue...and the bible....come on dear.....it is jewish pr from start to finish....

blessed are the friends of israel

jesus saying he came only for the jews...granted the jesus thing has gotten out of hand

The 'box' and 'strap' are found in Torah. The box contains a copy of the 10 Commandments, I honestly don't get the strap. Know the passage in question but I think it's taking it too literally. It's from Shema, one of the daily prayers. Says,

SHEMA

Hear, Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One.
Blessed be the Name of His glorious kingdom for ever and ever.
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
And these words that I command you today shall be in your heart.
And you shall teach them diligently to your children, and you shall speak of them
when you sit at home, and when you walk along the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up.
And you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be for frontlets between your eyes.
So you shall put these, my words, on your heart and on your soul;
and you shall bind them for signs on your hands, and they shall be for frontlets between your eyes.

I interpret it more symbollicly, the orthodox types interpret it more literally.

The command either means one thing or another.

I see it as a command to keep the words of the law on the forefront of your mind as a binding sign of their restriction on behavior.

wearing a box on your head is just plain silly.

Worshipping something with no scientific support is silly. After you accept to do that, squabbling over the details is what's silly. :)

Worshipping something with no scientific support is silly. After you accept to do that, squabbling over the details is what's silly. :)

Who said anything about worshipping something with no scientific support?

I see overwhelming evidence every day that people who defile and contaminate their minds with the unclean flesh of lower beasts that do not ruminate become unclean creatures that cannot ruminate.

Do you find it unbelievable that a person with a thought disorder may have that disorder as a result of ingesting vile and contaminating thoughts?

Can you see no wisdom in the command of God to refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate?

Whether you believe that God exists or not, many people have dedicated their lives to understanding and observing his commands as revealed in scripture. Kosher law is either about what one makes for dinner or there is something more important conveyed.

For those who believe that one can attain eternal life by adhering to these laws, squabbling over the details is a matter of life and death.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back