And it starts.. The "Wimpification" of the U.S. Military

Women in combat units. Utter insanity.

Remember Fort Hood, where that Islamic terrorist went on a killing rampage against our Army? Remember the last few months when right wingers have demanded those Army troops get "combat pay" for that incident? I agree. It was COMBAT.

Oh..........it was a FEMALE civilian cop who shot that motherfucker and ended his attack.

Repeat.

In a COMBAT zone....which is what it was of they deserve "combat pay".......it was a civilian female cop who shot the motherfucker. If any one of those Army troops had a weapon, they would've done it far before she did. Unfortunately, he attacked an unarmed group of soldiers like the coward he is.

But that female in a combat situation did just fine. Many females across the country in violent, bullets flying situations, have done just fine.

I've never been in the military, but I've been a cop, and female cops do just fine. If some argue that the male soldiers would react different, then yes, fair enough, that may very well be true, and a legit argument.

But make that the argument. NOT saying that a female cant pull a trigger on a threat to the United States, because Fort Hood is just one example showing they can.

You mean the only person who was allowed by law to be armed just happened to be a female cop.

You sure do leave out a lot of important information in your attempts to lie to everyone.

Funny how right wingers care so much about this now.

Because they've been "wimpifying" our police departments for years, and you guys have never cared. Yet, thousands of brave, competent women put on a badge, vest and gun every single night in every single city in America, and have done just fine.

Thats not the same, you say?

Well, as you read this, if you saw 2 armed thugs kicking at the front door of your neighbors home, who would you call?

A) The Marines
B) The Army
C) The Air Force
D) The Navy
E) The Police Department

So, if women are good enough to protect you HERE, why not THERE???

They don't have to carry 80 pounds of body armor plus ammo a weapon and other equipment in 120 degrees here. There might be 1 in 10,000 women who can handle a combat load on rough terrain. Is it really worth changing everything for those odds?

A police vest and duty belt go about 30 pounds, and in polyester (aka, hot). And Atlanta gets freakin' hot as fuck. I know...its not Iraq. Never said it was. But female firemen do fine with heavy loads, in high heat, in burning terrain. I personally saw female cops hold their own right next to the men.

Are they more rare than a man would be? Sure. I 100% support keeping standards the same for all. And if the woman can make it, have at it. Now, if we are talking changing standards, no, Im not for that. The police and fire depts dont change standards for women. Not for PT, shooting, fighting, driving, anything. Standards are the same. May be why there are far more male cops than females. And even more of a gap amongst swat teams. But, there are some female swat members here and there.

Anyhow, just my two cents. I wasn't military, so I cant comment with a lot of knowledge of it. But I've seen women fight and carry a gun in ATL, and they did just fine. Even when it was 110 degrees outside.

You mean the women who qualify under the women's standards, which are less than the men's standards.

If you don't think that there are different standards for men and women, you either don't know what you are talking about or are lying to yourself.

I don't have any huge reservations about women being in the military. But, saying they should get a different standard than men seems like it's putting soldier's lives in danger. I have a problem with that.

Just to educate a few people...

I carry the Military Green Card that read INDEF under "Exp Date"

I have more police and nurses in my family than I can readily count.

I turned down a position on a Police Force and at the Sheriff's dept for the simple reason I know that I could not tolerate the stuff they have to tolerate and still act "professional". In other words, if someone spit on me or threw urine and/or feces on me, I would most likely strike them which is against most LEO policy.

I was considered the trainer of last resort in my unit. If I couldn't train the new person, they were sent for discharge. That only happened twice. I've worked with every race, males and females, and of different sexual preferences.

I can still tell you the names of the three women that I worked with during my entire time in the service that were in my career field, that I could send out on any job or work with on any job without worries that they could hold up their end.

Three. That's it. Just three out of dozens of women that the military "decided" were physically capable of doing the same job I did.

I'm not taking anything away from the others. Of all of those women, only two were completely worthless. And I remember their names also. I can't remember the names of all the men that I would have enjoyed never meeting. It was much more than two. But they, at the very least, were physically capable of doing the job.

But when I was lead on TDY and was picking my crew, there were rare moments when I would pick a female. When I was able to pick one of the three women, I was questioned hard about choosing her. But I stood by my choice and at the end of the TDY, she had done me and herself proud. So much so that she was selected for special recognition and a three day pass upon returning to home station.

So my "opinion" on this isn't based upon my political views. It is based upon the real world application of what so many Noners can only speculate and guess about and claim that they know better than I do.

Funny how right wingers care so much about this now.

Because they've been "wimpifying" our police departments for years, and you guys have never cared. Yet, thousands of brave, competent women put on a badge, vest and gun every single night in every single city in America, and have done just fine.

Thats not the same, you say?

Well, as you read this, if you saw 2 armed thugs kicking at the front door of your neighbors home, who would you call?

A) The Marines
B) The Army
C) The Air Force
D) The Navy
E) The Police Department

So, if women are good enough to protect you HERE, why not THERE???

They don't have to carry 80 pounds of body armor plus ammo a weapon and other equipment in 120 degrees here. There might be 1 in 10,000 women who can handle a combat load on rough terrain. Is it really worth changing everything for those odds?

A police vest and duty belt go about 30 pounds, and in polyester (aka, hot). And Atlanta gets freakin' hot as fuck. I know...its not Iraq. Never said it was. But female firemen do fine with heavy loads, in high heat, in burning terrain. I personally saw female cops hold their own right next to the men.

Are they more rare than a man would be? Sure. I 100% support keeping standards the same for all. And if the woman can make it, have at it. Now, if we are talking changing standards, no, Im not for that. The police and fire depts dont change standards for women. Not for PT, shooting, fighting, driving, anything. Standards are the same. May be why there are far more male cops than females. And even more of a gap amongst swat teams. But, there are some female swat members here and there.

Anyhow, just my two cents. I wasn't military, so I cant comment with a lot of knowledge of it. But I've seen women fight and carry a gun in ATL, and they did just fine. Even when it was 110 degrees outside.

The OP references an article where an Army Colonel is advocating just that, changing the standards.

Fortunately, when I was at sea, no women were aboard. They served on tenders, that was their "sea duty." Seems every time the tender was getting ready to get underway, 3/4's of these female "Sailors" managed to get knocked-up to keep them ashore while the males covered their asses for the six month deployment.
Women DO NOT belong at sea, in combat, etc.
Do the men a favor and stay ashore.

Fortunately, when I was at sea, no women were aboard. They served on tenders, that was their "sea duty." Seems every time the tender was getting ready to get underway, 3/4's of these female "Sailors" managed to get knocked-up to keep them ashore while the males covered their asses for the six month deployment.
Women DO NOT belong at sea, in combat, etc.
Do the men a favor and stay ashore.

Ya, leave the navy to the homosexuals.

:thanks:

I turned down a position on a Police Force and at the Sheriff's dept for the simple reason I know that I could not tolerate the stuff they have to tolerate and still act "professional". In other words, if someone spit on me or threw urine and/or feces on me, I would most likely strike them which is against most LEO policy.

I was considered the trainer of last resort in my unit. If I couldn't train the new person, they were sent for discharge. That only happened twice. I've worked with every race, males and females, and of different sexual preferences.

I can still tell you the names of the three women that I worked with during my entire time in the service that were in my career field, that I could send out on any job or work with on any job without worries that they could hold up their end.

Three. That's it. Just three out of dozens of women that the military "decided" were physically capable of doing the same job I did.

I'm not taking anything away from the others. Of all of those women, only two were completely worthless. And I remember their names also. I can't remember the names of all the men that I would have enjoyed never meeting. It was much more than two. But they, at the very least, were physically capable of doing the job.

But when I was lead on TDY and was picking my crew, there were rare moments when I would pick a female. When I was able to pick one of the three women, I was questioned hard about choosing her. But I stood by my choice and at the end of the TDY, she had done me and herself proud. So much so that she was selected for special recognition and a three day pass upon returning to home station.

So my "opinion" on this isn't based upon my political views. It is based upon the real world application of what so many Noners can only speculate and guess about and claim that they know better than I do.

Actually, if you have a military green card, that means you are active duty, and the longest you can enlist for (if you're active duty) is 6 years.

If you have "indef" in the expiration date, that generally means you have a blue card (DD Form 2R) which means you are retired from the military.

Lie to us yet again Original Shroom.

Actually, if you have a military green card, that means you are active duty, and the longest you can enlist for (if you're active duty) is 6 years.

If you have "indef" in the expiration date, that generally means you have a blue card (DD Form 2R) which means you are retired from the military.

Most people refer to the military ID as a green card....no matter what the actual color is...

Libruls destroy entire cities with their agenda so why not the military? Let mothers and daughters start coming home in body bags having been raped and tortured..

Most people refer to the military ID as a green card....no matter what the actual color is...

Actually, the military "green card" as you refer to it means that you're a member of the active duty military.

If you have a tan or "peach card" that means you are a dependent of someone who has a green card.

If you have a blue card (or in the case of a very special few, a grey card) that means you are retired.

Do you really know anything about the military, or are you just another idiot civilian idiot who thinks they know about how the military works?

Me? I was a Personnelman for 20 years, and I know you're full of shit.

You mean the women who qualify under the women's standards, which are less than the men's standards.

If you don't think that there are different standards for men and women, you either don't know what you are talking about or are lying to yourself.

For police SWAT teams? No, the standards are not different. Men, women, whatever. The SWAT standards are exactly the same. Worked 8 years with Atlanta PD. I know well enough what Im talking about. Check CALEA. Or NTOA. Standards for swat teams are the same.

Ive read all your responses. You come across as an ignorant asshole. Probably about right.

And it starts.. The "Wimpification" of the U.S. Military

The US military has been wimpy for a long fucking time, you got your ass kicked by Somalia! FUCKING SOMALIA! And Lebanon, geez, it's barely even a real country. And Nam, the gooks showed up in PJs and flip-flops and kicked your butts. And what about North Korea? You can't even beat a country that's fucking STARVING!!!!!!!! Even Canada beat you TWICE! CANADA!!!!!

Actually, the military "green card" as you refer to it means that you're a member of the active duty military.

If you have a tan or "peach card" that means you are a dependent of someone who has a green card.

If you have a blue card (or in the case of a very special few, a grey card) that means you are retired.

Do you really know anything about the military, or are you just another idiot civilian idiot who thinks they know about how the military works?

Me? I was a Personnelman for 20 years, and I know you're full of shit.

Yea dumbfuck I was in the Air Force, so I used to have one. And I have been working for the DoD for over 10 years since then.

And like I said, most people refer to it as a green card.

The fact that you were a "personnelman" explains alot. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back