And comey may be the one in a prison suit and losing his law license.......

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
And this, my left wing asshats...is the problem Comey just created for himself...

Blog: Comey’s conundrum

Mr. Smartypants may have outsmarted himself. James Comey has painted himself into a corner by indirectly leaking a memorandum to the New York Times (a person who read the memorandum shared excerpts from it to reporter Michael Schmitt) and may even have placed himself in legal jeopardy. Gregg Jarrett of Fox News, a former defense attorney, explains:

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ? If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.

Obstruction requires what's called "specific intent" to interfere with a criminal case. If Comey concluded, however, that Trump's language was vague, ambiguous or elliptical, then he has no duty under the law to report it because it does not rise to the level of specific intent. Thus, no crime.

There is no evidence Comey ever alerted officials at the Justice Department, as he is duty-bound to do. Surely if he had, that incriminating information would have made its way to the public either by an indictment or, more likely, an investigation that could hardly be kept confidential in the intervening months.

Comey's memo is being treated as a "smoking gun" only because the media and Democrats, likely prompted by Comey himself, are now peddling it that way.

Read more: Blog: Comey’s conundrum
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Who would he report it to?

Sessions? He is one of three who lied about having met with the Russian ambassador. (other two, Kuchner and Flynn).

And that RWNJ blog is not correct on other details. It even states that Comey had no obligation to report it to anyone.

Obviously, the blog writer is not a constitutional expert or constitution attorney. Neither am I and neither is the RWNJ OP.

Sessions? He is one of three who lied about having met with the Russian ambassador. (other two, Kuchner and Flynn).

And that RWNJ blog is not correct on other details. It even states that Comey had no obligation to report it to anyone.

Obviously, the blog writer is not a constitutional expert or constitution attorney. Neither am I and neither is the RWNJ OP.

He could have resigned asswipe.....just like he threatened to do when he went to John Ashcrofts hospital bed to get Ashcroft to keep from signing off on Bush's policies......he didn't do that...did he......?

It doesn't matter asswipe......as pointed out in another article, he could have told the entire Senate and House intelligence committee investigative staff......he broke the law......or Trump didn't do anything wrong......

He could have resigned asswipe.....just like he threatened to do when he went to John Ashcrofts hospital bed to get Ashcroft to keep from signing off on Bush's policies......he didn't do that...did he......?

It doesn't matter asswipe......as pointed out in another article, he could have told the entire Senate and House intelligence committee investigative staff......he broke the law......or Trump didn't do anything wrong......
:itsok: This is gonna be rough on you. You have my sympathies.

Yeah....just ask President hilary......you still don't understand who you are dealing with...the comey thing is already falling apart.....but please...keep pushing Trump.....keep making his only friends those of us on the Right........that next Supreme Court Justice needs to be a real justice...not one of your assholes...and this only pushes him our way...

And this, my left wing asshats...is the problem Comey just created for himself...

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice,

You have a real problem here.

The ONLY way Comey will be in trouble- is if it can be proven that Trump was intending to obstruct justice- AND that Comey believed that Trump was doing so.

So again- the only way for Comey to be in legal trouble- is if Trump attempted to obstruct justice.

So do you think Trump attempted to obstruct Justice?

Would you even care if Trump did?

...the comey thing is already falling apart......

Republicans are calling for the FBI to send over the memos- and are calling for the President to release any recordings he made.

'the comey' thing is snowballing.

Mr. Smartypants may have outsmarted himself. James Comey has painted himself into a corner by indirectly leaking a memorandum to the New York Times (a person who read the memorandum shared excerpts from it to reporter Michael Schmitt) and may even have placed himself in legal jeopardy. Gregg Jarrett of Fox News, a former defense attorney, explains:

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ? If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.

Obstruction requires what's called "specific intent" to interfere with a criminal case. If Comey concluded, however, that Trump's language was vague, ambiguous or elliptical, then he has no duty under the law to report it because it does not rise to the level of specific intent. Thus, no crime.

There is no evidence Comey ever alerted officials at the Justice Department, as he is duty-bound to do. Surely if he had, that incriminating information would have made its way to the public either by an indictment or, more likely, an investigation that could hardly be kept confidential in the intervening months.

Comey's memo is being treated as a "smoking gun" only because the media and Democrats, likely prompted by Comey himself, are now peddling it that way.

Lol you dumb rubes. Anybody who's not shilling for Trump belongs in jail according to you fools. And then you deny being fascist. :laugh:

Let me guess, you didn't bother to look up those sections of US code - I mean, why bother thinking when someone at FOX can do it for you.

I did, though.

18 USC 4:

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Comey was "a person in civil authority". He was in a position to investigate, and has no obligation to tell his "superiors" - particularly when the two people he reports to are either the suspect, or have recused themselves from the investigation.

28 USC 1361

The district courts shall have original jurisdiction of any action in the nature of mandamus to compel an officer or employee of the United States or any agency thereof to perform a duty owed to the plaintiff.

I don't see how that applies at all.

Forum List

Back