Ancient Biblical Judaism vs Talmud / Oral Torah false teachings

Ah. Silence. I'll take it that you are beginning to see the significance of numbers. Goodnight. Class resumes in the morning. Don't be late.

p.s. Your homework assignment:

Was Abraham accepted by God before he was circumcised or afterward?
What was the significance of God requiring circumcision?
Was Abraham justified by faith or by works?

[1] BEFORE.
[2] A sign to separate Jews from non-Jews.
[3] by Works...Avraham passed 10 tests.

Ah. Silence. I'll take it that you are beginning to see the significance of numbers. Goodnight. Class resumes in the morning. Don't be late.

By the way, I LOVE the stalling.
Typical Christian techniques.

Speaking of Avraham, how do Jews know how to circumcise with only the Torah?
There's are NO instructions.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
karaite+synagogue.jpg

The Kairite Synagogue is the oldest Synagogue In Israel and one of the oldest in the world. Karaite Judaism or Karaism is the original faith of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament). The word "Karaism" derives from the Hebrew Karaim meaning "Followers of Scripture".The true Kairites accept only the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) / Written Torah as the Divine Word of God.

Origin of the Karaite / Biblical Jews

Since the time of Moses there has been a continuous movement of Israelites and Jews who were dedicated to the observance of the original written Torah by its "peshat" or face-value meaning. In Chapter 8 of the Book of Nehemiah, the scribe Ezra and the Levites were able to read the entire Torah to a crowd of Jews and explain how to observe the laws contained in it within one day.

The Pharisee religious movement, which began around 300 BCE argued that the Torah was too difficult to understand and that scholarly sages have to explain it to the common people. Later these sages began to add to, and subtract from, the commandments contained in the written Torah. The historian Josephus, himself a Pharisee, claimed that the Pharisees had made several significant changes to Jewish practice and belief. Deuteronomy 4:2 forbids the addition or subtraction of commandments provided by the Torah (Mosaic Law). For this reason several religious movements, including the Sadducees, refused to accept the "reforms" offered by the Pharisees.

In 70 CE the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple. Following the destruction of Jerusalem and the Bar Kochva Revolt, Judaism and many of its various fractured religious movements virtually disappear from history. From the middle of the 2nd Century until the 6th Century CE very few records of Jewish history exist. In the 6th Century CE the Jews found themselves a minority in a now Christian Byzantine Empire to the West and increasingly Zoroastrian Sassanid Empire East. In Babylon (modern day Iraq) Jews began to write down a series of books collectively known as the Talmud that followed the Pharisee religious ideology.

By the 8th Century the sages, now called Rabbis, were spreading the Talmud to congregations of Jews throughout the world. They argued that the Talmud represented an "Oral Torah" that had been given to Moses at Sinai and passed down by word of mouth to the Pharisees. This "Oral Torah" is not mentioned in any book of the scriptures and the idea that any tradition could have been passed through so many generations, so many conflicts, and several periods during which Jewish religion was not even being practiced by most Jews, is ridiculous. It may be worthy of note that the Talmud never reached Ethiopia where the Jews continued to practice ancient Biblical Judaism, having no concept of an "oral law."
Jerusalem's Oldest Synagogue

Although the Kairite Jews / Biblical Jews have been persecuted for holding fast to the Tahakh (Hebrew Bible) / Written Torah while rejecting the false teachings of the Talmud and "oral Torah" are still in existence today. They are the minority in Israel today. In ancient Israel the Kairite Jews were the majority.

Much of what you'll read about the Kairite Jews on the internet is disinformation and outright lies spread by false prophets who have sought to turn the Jewish people away from the Tanakh. What would be the motive for creating the Talmud and the oral Torah? Was it too difficult to understand as the Pharisees claimed or was it an attempt to keep the Jewish people from studying the Tanakh therein discovering the lies of their Talmud and false teachings? I believe it was the latter.

An interesting thing I learned after a certain Kairite Website was shut down. The name Hashem was created by the Pharisees. It isn't found in the Holy Scriptures. Not once will you find "the name" - Hashem found in the KJV Holy Bible or the original Tanakh (Hebrew Bible). Here is God's name as given to Moses in Exodus 3:11-16:

11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.

13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Note that God told Moses, "This is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. What is God's Name? I am.

God said, This is My Name. Not this is "the name." Not Hashem nor any translation of the word "Hashem".....Not "the name," Not "thank God," not "Blessed be God." This is not the name God commanded Moses to tell the people. God was very clear about his name that was to be memorial unto all generations.... What is God's Name? I am. God told Moses, This is my name for ever.

God never told Moses you shall say unto the children of Israel, this is "the name" for ever. It simply isn't found in Scripture.

In this, we learn that there were certain Jews who decided to reject the Written Word of God and write their own books which are found in the Talmud and oral Torah. These false teachings were spread amongst the people. These false teachers even created their own name for God which Moses never commanded them to do!

Today as with false teachings / false translations / false prophets who have infiltrated the church, the Kairite Jews have suffered the same. Some sects claiming to be Kairite have permitted the teachings of the Talmud and oral Torah where as the ancient Kairites would have nothing to do with the Talmud or the oral Torah.

To be clear the Kairites are Jews who are still waiting for their Messiah not realizing that Jesus Christ is the Messiah (yet). There are still some Karaites who hold fast to the original Hebrew faith in God according to the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) They have wholeheartedly rejected the later innovations (inventions) of the Talmud, the Rabinnic Oral Law and teachings that promote Kaballah (Baal worship).

As you will learn in the following video, many Jews have had the truth kept from them by their Rabbi. There are Orthodox Jews who after studying the teachings of the Hebrew prophets written in the Tanakh have - and comparing those Holy Scriptures with the Holy Scriptures of the New Testament - have discovered that Jesus Christ is the Jewish Messiah of Israel - Yeshua HaMachiah.

The truth is what sets men free.

It is written:
In his days, Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: And this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Jeremiah 23:6

Jeri , you see things and interpret things through your christian eyes and understanding, very arrogant to tell Jews what the Torah and Talmud is . Did you,or have you studied the texts in biblical hebrew? Understand your entire concept of God is 180 degrees for what Jews believe and understand from Talmud and Torah. Torah was given to the Jews , and who better to understand

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
karaite+synagogue.jpg

The Kairite Synagogue is the oldest Synagogue In Israel and one of the oldest in the world. Karaite Judaism or Karaism is the original faith of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament). The word "Karaism" derives from the Hebrew Karaim meaning "Followers of Scripture".The true Kairites accept only the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) / Written Torah as the Divine Word of God.

Origin of the Karaite / Biblical Jews

Since the time of Moses there has been a continuous movement of Israelites and Jews who were dedicated to the observance of the original written Torah by its "peshat" or face-value meaning. In Chapter 8 of the Book of Nehemiah, the scribe Ezra and the Levites were able to read the entire Torah to a crowd of Jews and explain how to observe the laws contained in it within one day.

The Pharisee religious movement, which began around 300 BCE argued that the Torah was too difficult to understand and that scholarly sages have to explain it to the common people. Later these sages began to add to, and subtract from, the commandments contained in the written Torah. The historian Josephus, himself a Pharisee, claimed that the Pharisees had made several significant changes to Jewish practice and belief. Deuteronomy 4:2 forbids the addition or subtraction of commandments provided by the Torah (Mosaic Law). For this reason several religious movements, including the Sadducees, refused to accept the "reforms" offered by the Pharisees.

In 70 CE the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple. Following the destruction of Jerusalem and the Bar Kochva Revolt, Judaism and many of its various fractured religious movements virtually disappear from history. From the middle of the 2nd Century until the 6th Century CE very few records of Jewish history exist. In the 6th Century CE the Jews found themselves a minority in a now Christian Byzantine Empire to the West and increasingly Zoroastrian Sassanid Empire East. In Babylon (modern day Iraq) Jews began to write down a series of books collectively known as the Talmud that followed the Pharisee religious ideology.

By the 8th Century the sages, now called Rabbis, were spreading the Talmud to congregations of Jews throughout the world. They argued that the Talmud represented an "Oral Torah" that had been given to Moses at Sinai and passed down by word of mouth to the Pharisees. This "Oral Torah" is not mentioned in any book of the scriptures and the idea that any tradition could have been passed through so many generations, so many conflicts, and several periods during which Jewish religion was not even being practiced by most Jews, is ridiculous. It may be worthy of note that the Talmud never reached Ethiopia where the Jews continued to practice ancient Biblical Judaism, having no concept of an "oral law."
Jerusalem's Oldest Synagogue

Although the Kairite Jews / Biblical Jews have been persecuted for holding fast to the Tahakh (Hebrew Bible) / Written Torah while rejecting the false teachings of the Talmud and "oral Torah" are still in existence today. They are the minority in Israel today. In ancient Israel the Kairite Jews were the majority.

Much of what you'll read about the Kairite Jews on the internet is disinformation and outright lies spread by false prophets who have sought to turn the Jewish people away from the Tanakh. What would be the motive for creating the Talmud and the oral Torah? Was it too difficult to understand as the Pharisees claimed or was it an attempt to keep the Jewish people from studying the Tanakh therein discovering the lies of their Talmud and false teachings? I believe it was the latter.

An interesting thing I learned after a certain Kairite Website was shut down. The name Hashem was created by the Pharisees. It isn't found in the Holy Scriptures. Not once will you find "the name" - Hashem found in the KJV Holy Bible or the original Tanakh (Hebrew Bible). Here is God's name as given to Moses in Exodus 3:11-16:

11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.

13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Note that God told Moses, "This is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. What is God's Name? I am.

God said, This is My Name. Not this is "the name." Not Hashem nor any translation of the word "Hashem".....Not "the name," Not "thank God," not "Blessed be God." This is not the name God commanded Moses to tell the people. God was very clear about his name that was to be memorial unto all generations.... What is God's Name? I am. God told Moses, This is my name for ever.

God never told Moses you shall say unto the children of Israel, this is "the name" for ever. It simply isn't found in Scripture.

In this, we learn that there were certain Jews who decided to reject the Written Word of God and write their own books which are found in the Talmud and oral Torah. These false teachings were spread amongst the people. These false teachers even created their own name for God which Moses never commanded them to do!

Today as with false teachings / false translations / false prophets who have infiltrated the church, the Kairite Jews have suffered the same. Some sects claiming to be Kairite have permitted the teachings of the Talmud and oral Torah where as the ancient Kairites would have nothing to do with the Talmud or the oral Torah.

To be clear the Kairites are Jews who are still waiting for their Messiah not realizing that Jesus Christ is the Messiah (yet). There are still some Karaites who hold fast to the original Hebrew faith in God according to the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) They have wholeheartedly rejected the later innovations (inventions) of the Talmud, the Rabinnic Oral Law and teachings that promote Kaballah (Baal worship).

As you will learn in the following video, many Jews have had the truth kept from them by their Rabbi. There are Orthodox Jews who after studying the teachings of the Hebrew prophets written in the Tanakh have - and comparing those Holy Scriptures with the Holy Scriptures of the New Testament - have discovered that Jesus Christ is the Jewish Messiah of Israel - Yeshua HaMachiah.

The truth is what sets men free.

It is written:
In his days, Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: And this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Jeremiah 23:6

Jeri , you see things and interpret things through your christian eyes and understanding, very arrogant to tell Jews what the Torah and Talmud is . Did you,or have you studied the texts in biblical hebrew? Understand your entire concept of God is 180 degrees for what Jews believe and understand from Talmud and Torah. Torah was given to the Jews , and who better to understand

Jeri is a zombie trained to ignore inconvenient verses.

When you figure out how to slaughter a cow using only the Written Torah, let me know.
What? why are you slaughtering a cow?
He's Jewish and doesn't yet know that Jesus Christ is the Jewish Messiah to Israel.
Many Jews are not aware that Jesus Christ fulfilled the messianic prophecies. Here is a link where they can examine the many prophecies Jesus fulfilled.

We invite you to explore these passages from the Jewish Scriptures and their fulfillments in the life of Yeshua.

Prophecy Tanach Reference Fullfilment
The Messiah would be the seed of the woman Genesis 3:15 Romans 16:20
Galatians 4:4
Revelation 12:9
Revelation 12:17
The Messiah would be the descendant of Abraham through whom all nations would be blessed Genesis 12:3 Acts 3:24-26
The Messiah would be a willing sacrifice Genesis 22:1-18 John 3:16
The Messiah would be the coming one to whom the scepter belongs Genesis 49:10 Romans 1:5
2 Corinthians 9:13
Revelation 5:5
The Messiah would be the Passover lamb Exodus 12:1-51 John 1:29
John 1:36
John 19:33
John 19:36
1 Corinthians 5:7-8
1 Peter 1:19
The Messiah would be lifted up Numbers 21:6-9 John 3:14-18
The Messiah would be the star coming out of Jacob Numbers 24:17 Matthew 2:2
Revelation 22:16
The Messiah would be a prophet like Moses Deuteronomy 18:15-19 Matthew 13:57
Matthew21:46
Luke 24:19
John 1:21
John 1:25
John 6:14
John 7:40
Acts 3:22
Acts 37:37
The Messiah would be our Kinsman-Redeemer Ruth 4:4-9 Luke 1:50
Luke 1:58
Luke 1:68
Luke 1:72
Luke 1:78
1 Peter 1:18
Hebrews 2:11
The Messiah would be a descendant of David 2 Samuel 7:12-16 Matthew 1:1
Luke 1:32-33
Acts 15:15-16
Hebrews 1:5
The Messiah would be called God’s Son Psalms 2:1-12 Mark 1:11
Luke 3:22
Acts 4:25-28
Acts 13:33
Hebrews 1:5
Hebrews 5:5
The Messiah would be resurrected Psalms 16:8-11 Acts 2:22-32
Acts 13:35-37
The Messiah would be forsaken and pierced, but vindicated Psalms 22:1-31 Matthew 27:39
Matthew 27: 43-44
Matthew 27:46
Mark 15:34
John 19:24
Hebrews 2:12
The Messiah would be the righteous sufferer Psalms 69 Matthew 27:33-34
John 2:17
John 15:25
Acts 1:20
Romans 11:9-10
Romans 15:1-3
The Messiah would be greater than David Psalms 110:1-4 Matthew 22:42-25
Mark 12:35-37
Luke 20:41-44
Acts 2:34-36
1 Corinthians 15:25-28
Hebrews 1:3
Hebrews 1:13
Hebrews 4:14–5:10
The Messiah would be the rejected cornerstone Psalms 118:22-24 Matthew 21:42
Mark 12:10-11
Mark 20:17-18
Acts 4:9-12
Ephesians 2:20
1 Peter 2:6-8
TheMessiah would be acclaimed Psalms 118:25-29 Matthew 21:9
Mark 11:9-10
Luke 13:35
Luke 19:38
John 12:13
The Messiah would be born of a virgin Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:22-23
Luke 1:31-35
The Messiah would be the great light Isaiah 9:1-2 [Hebrew Bible, 8:23-9:1] Matthew 4:13-16
Luke 1:76-79
The Messiah would be the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace Isaiah 9:6-7 [Hebrew Bible, 9:5-6] Luke 1:32-33
Luke 1:79
John 6:51
John 14:27
Acts 10:36
Romans 9:5
Colossians 2:3
The Messiah would be called a Nazarene Isaiah 11:1, Isaiah 53:3 Matthew 2:23
The Messiah would perform signs of healing Isaiah 35:5-6 Matthew 11:4-6
Luke 7:20-23
The Messiah would be preceded by a forerunner Isaiah 40:3-5 Matthew 3:1-3
Mark 1:1-3
Luke 1:76
Luke 3:1-6
Luke 7:27
John 1:22-23
The Messiah would be a light for the nations of the world Isaiah 42:1-6 Matthew 12:15-18
Luke 2:27-32
John 8:12
(The Suffering Servant, Part 1) Isaiah 52:13–53:12 Matthew 8:16-17
Matthew 20:28
Matthew 26:28
Matthew 27:59-60
Mark 10:45
Mark 14:24
Luke 22:20
John 12:37-38
Acts 8:32-35
Romans 10:16
Hebrews 9:28
1 Peter 2:21-25
(The Suffering Servant, Part 2) Isaiah 52:13–53:12 Matthew 8:16-17
(The Suffering Servant, Part 3) Isaiah 52:13–53:12 Matthew 8:16-17
(The Suffering Servant, Part 4) Isaiah 52:13–53:12 Matthew 8:16-17
The Messiah would do life-affirming, redemptive deeds Isaiah 61:1-2 Luke 4:17-21
The Messiah would be the object of a murderous plot Jeremiah 31:15 Matthew 2:16-18
The Messiah would bring in a new covenant Jeremiah 31:31 Matthew 26:28
1 Corinthians 11:25
2 Corinthians 3:6
Hebrews 8:6-13
Hebrews 9:15
Hebrews 12:24
The Messiah would be the Son of Man Daniel 7:13-14 Matthew 9:6
Matthew 12:8
Matthew 13:41
Matthew 16:13
Matthew 16:27
Mark 8:31
Luke 6:22
Luke 9:22
John 1:51
John 3:13-14
Acts 7:56
and many others
The Messiah would come according to a timetable Daniel 9:24-27 Matthew 24:15-16
Mark 13:14-15
Galatians 4:4
The Messiah would be called out of Egypt Hosea 11:1 Matthew 2:13-15
The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem Micah 5:2 [Hebrew Bible, verse 1] Matthew 2:1-6
John 7:40-43
The Messiah would come riding on a colt Zechariah 9:9 Matthew 21:1-7
The Messiah would be betrayed for thirty pieces of silver Zechariah 11:12-13 Matthew 26:14-15
Matthew 27:3
Matthew 27:9-10
The Messiah would be pierced Zechariah 12:10 Matthew 24:30
John 19:31-37
Revelation 1:7
The Messiah would be preceded by a messenger. Malachi 3:1 Matthew 11:10
Mark 1:2
Luke 1:76
The Messiah would be preceded by Elijah the prophet. Malachi 4:5-6 Matthew 11:14-15
Matthew 16:14
Matthew 17:9-13
Mark 6:14-16
Mark 9:11-13
Luke 1:16-17
John 1:21
The Messiah is spoken of throughout the Hebrew Bible Hebrew Bible Luke 24:25-27
Luke 24:32
Christian Proof-Texting

Fundamentalist missionaries shoot the arrow in the target and then draw the bull’s eye around the arrow. In this fashion, they claim to always be correct, making the evidence conform to their foregone conclusions.

Christian Proof-Texting - Jews For Judaism

Gentleman be nice she after all is a lady posing as a man and taking one of the prophets names in vain...By the way Independent you could point out that circumsicion was not done in Egypt by the Israelites maybe the Levites if my memory serves me correctly and that it was Joshua who brought it back when the whole army was circumsized... If I am wrong enlighten me as I am never too old to learn something new as my heart is not circumsized as that is a physical impossibility and not to be taken literally as you should not take what Jeremiah says literally either...lol

Ah. Silence. I'll take it that you are beginning to see the significance of numbers. Goodnight. Class resumes in the morning (God willing). 7:00 a.m. sharp. Don't be late.

The Lord told me to change the time to 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. So we'll meet at 8:00 a.m.. Goodnight.

Gentleman be nice she after all is a lady posing as a man and taking one of the prophets names in vain...By the way Independent you could point out that circumsicion was not done in Egypt by the Israelites maybe the Levites if my memory serves me correctly and that it was Joshua who brought it back when the whole army was circumsized... If I am wrong enlighten me as I am never too old to learn something new as my heart is not circumsized as that is a physical impossibility and not to be taken literally as you should not take what Jeremiah says literally either...lol
You are correct.
There are so many m'forshim (commentaries) in erudite English these days; strengthen your soul.

You have never studied Mishnah or Torah.
The Torah without the Mishnah or Talmud is i decipherable.
The difference between us is that I startef from B'rashis in Hebrew, word by word, verse by verse, chapter by chapter, book by book.
You were hypnotized straight into Matthew.
I have studied the Mishnah and the Torah, and you are wrong. The reason that Talmudic Jews need the Talmud is because they have lost the key ingredient to understanding the Torah - COMMON SENSE. Because Orthodox Jews have completely lost all common sense, they are forced to fall back on the Talmud. But with common sense, the Torah makes more sense than any other book that I have ever read.

Please note that I am not Christian, I am ethnically jewish, and I really dislike the Talmud. (And I am posting this on shabbat, a perfectly good shabbat activity in my opinion.)

Last edited:

[1] BEFORE.
[2] A sign to separate Jews from non-Jews.
[3] by Works...Avraham passed 10 tests.

Answer number 1 is correct. Abraham was justified by faith. He had not yet obeyed God in being circumcised.
Answer number 2 - we can discuss this later... God willing.
Answer number 3 is incorrect and a contradiction of your first answer. If Abraham was justified by his faith then he could not have been justified by the act of circumcision (works). It has to be one or the other.
The correct answer [3] is Abraham was justified by faith.
It is written:
And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Genesis 15:6
_______

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
Romans 4:1-12
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 4:9-12 - King James Version

Last edited:
As you read Romans 4:1-12 You will note that Abraham's circumcision was an act of obedience after he was justified by his faith. He believed God. That is how Abraham was justified. Note that Abraham did not believe men. No. He did not believe the teachings of any man but rather he believed God. That is how he was justified. By his faith in God. He believed God.

That Abraham was circumcised after he was justified is significant. Because it tells us that any person whether Jew or Gentile can become a son or daughter of Abraham and receive the blessings of Abraham by faith. We are justified by our faith. Not by our works. So now Abraham is become the father of many nations even as God did promise. When Jesus Christ met the woman at the well, he told her Salvation is of the Jews.

Here is the story:

Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.

There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

John 4:5-26

https://www.biblegateway.com/plus

I see that there are a lot of Christians here. You Christians might enjoy this video by a Karaite Jew:

fschmidt, Welcome to USMB! I have only been able to watch the first part of this most interesting and informative presentation as I have a prior commitment this morning but I am looking forward to watching the rest of it today. I didn't know of the Kairite Jew until recently. How did this happen? I knew in my heart that there were Jews who believed in the written Torah and rejected the Talmud / Oral Torah. I believe the Lord put that knowing in my heart and caused me to search until I found the Kairites.

I look forward to watching the rest of the video and it is a great blessing to meet you!

I knew in my heart that there were Jews who believed in the written Torah and rejected the Talmud / Oral Torah. I believe the Lord put that knowing in my heart and caused me to search until I found the Kairites.

I look forward to watching the rest of the video and it is a great blessing to meet you!
Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the video.

Just so you know, I have the reverse story, namely that I spent a long time trying to find if there are any Christians left who take God's will, as expressed in the Old Testament, seriously, and I was very glad to finally find that the traditional Anabaptists do.

On the matter of Abraham being justified by his faith and on the matter of circumcision we read the following:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;

19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,

20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?

22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?

23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

On the subject of being a Jew and circumcision:

3 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)

6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?

7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Romans 3:3-31
https://www.biblegateway.com/plus

On the matter of being justified by faith and circumcision:

4 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
Romans 4: 1-25

On the matter of faith:

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Hebrews 11:1-40

It is written:

1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?

7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
Hebrews 2:1-18

The example of Melchisadec:

7 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:

21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:

24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Hebrews 7:1-28

Psalm 2

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Forum List

Back