Analysis Finds Trump Tax Cuts Didn’t Benefit Workers, Just Made Rich Companies Richer

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

So, the workers who got a bonus, that didn't help that at all? I wonder how many of the workers have stock in the company that they work for? I bet at least 66%. Bwaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaaaa. You must be a welfare queen or queer....

So, the workers who got a bonus, that didn't help that at all? I wonder how many of the workers have stock in the company that they work for? I bet at least 66%. Bwaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaaaa. You must be a welfare queen or queer....

Most people don't own stock.
Most welfare queens don't own stock. 401k's, mutual funds have stocks. Even Pensions have stocks.. Are you really that stupid? Don't answer, I already know...

On average, public employee pension funds have 60 percent of their assets invested in the stock market, including roughly 15 percent in foreign stock markets. Union pension funds have a slightly smaller share of their assets in the stock market, 57 percent.

Stock Market Investing: Good Enough for Public Employee ...
taxfoundation.org/stock-market-investing-good-enough-public-employee-and-union-pension-funds

That is hilarious. If a company didn’t publicly make an announcement, then they didn’t do it.

Let’s look at who is behind the group that did this so-called analysis, shall we?
All left wing so-called organizations and think tanks that derives their funds from, guess who?

That is hilarious. If a company didn’t publicly make an announcement, then they didn’t do it.

Let’s look at who is behind the group that did this so-called analysis, shall we?
All left wing so-called organizations and think tanks that derives their funds from, guess who?
G. S. ?

• Banned
So, the workers who got a bonus, that didn't help that at all? I wonder how many of the workers have stock in the company that they work for? I bet at least 66%.

A very small percentage of workers got small one-time bonuses compared to the millions their employers are going to save on taxes. Is that worth putting billions on the backs of our children?

Bwaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaaaa. You must be a welfare queen or queer....

Ad hominem attack from a person of subpar intelligence = no substantive argument.

You lose, loser

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

A) What do you think those stock buy back recipients did with the money that they received by selling their stock?
1) Did they bury it in the back yard? 2) Did they put in under their mattress?
B) Did you know that these wealthy evil people had to pay 15% capital gains TAX.... if they were in a 25% or higher tax bracket? So the government gets back 15%!
C) So if these wealthy evil people that gained from the stock buy back say put the money into
1) treasury bonds.... hmm goes back to the government... (pay your welfare check...eh?) 2) Or savings accounts... but at what interest rate???

And those are just the stock buy back benefits which truly ignorant people aren't ever thinking about much less those really financially ignorant reporter hacks!

So, the workers who got a bonus, that didn't help that at all? I wonder how many of the workers have stock in the company that they work for? I bet at least 66%.

A very small percentage of workers got small one-time bonuses compared to the millions their employers are going to save on taxes. Is that worth putting billions on the backs of our children?

Ad hominem attack from a person of subpar intelligence = no substantive argument.

You lose, loser

A) What do you think those stock buy back recipients did with the money that they received by selling their stock?
B) Did you know that these wealthy evil people had to pay 15% capital gains TAX.... if they were in a 25% or higher tax bracket? So the government gets back 15%!
C) So if these wealthy evil people that gained from the stock buy back say put the money into
1) treasury bonds.... hmm goes back to the government... (pay your welfare check...eh?) 2) Or savings accounts... but at what interest rate???

And those are just the stock buy back benefits which truly ignorant people aren't ever thinking about much less those really financially ignorant reporter hacks!

Trump cult members are too "invested" in protecting their own fucked up decision to back the orange buffoon to acknowledge reality.

The tax scam just gave companies billions (in borrowed money) to buy-back their stock and to give huge raises to CEOs, COOs and board members.

You lose, loser

Very true, but I can bet those bitching in this post about not having stocks, are actually those who don't have stock. So they remain victims of liberalism, and must live like peons, relying on the very government assistance that you have just identified in the wealthy paying taxes. And the welfare fuckers don't thank US, they just bitch more..

Define "MOST" because check out this chart...
To me "MOST" would be more than the majority which would be only 40% own stock which is wrong per below chart.
Analysis | For roughly half of Americans, the stock market’s record highs don’t help at all
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 8.19.09 AM.png

but I can bet those bitching in this post about not having stocks, are actually those who don't have stock

Another 4th grade "retort"........No wonder trump honestly stated that he loves the poorly educated who voted for his sorry, fat ass.

Define "MOST" because check out this chart...
To me "MOST" would be more than the majority which would be only 40% own stock which is wrong per below chart.
Analysis | For roughly half of Americans, the stock market’s record highs don’t help at all
View attachment 189719
Washington COMPOST.....Bwaaaahhhhaaaahhhhaaaa...Pravda would be so proud.....

I just showed that pensions even have 60% funding of stocks, yet you continue to be stupid..Must be in your genes...

Forum List

Back