Analysis Finds Trump Tax Cuts Didn’t Benefit Workers, Just Made Rich Companies Richer

So, the workers who got a bonus, that didn't help that at all? I wonder how many of the workers have stock in the company that they work for? I bet at least 66%. Bwaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaaaa. You must be a welfare queen or queer....

Most people don't own stock.

Define "MOST" because check out this chart...
To me "MOST" would be more than the majority which would be only 40% own stock which is wrong per below chart.
Analysis | For roughly half of Americans, the stock market’s record highs don’t help at all
View attachment 189719

The above moron doesn't even realize that his chart REFUTES what he's trying to bullshit himself on....LOL

So, the workers who got a bonus, that didn't help that at all? I wonder how many of the workers have stock in the company that they work for? I bet at least 66%. Bwaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaaaa. You must be a welfare queen or queer....
It is those who are in lock step with these groups.

but I can bet those bitching in this post about not having stocks, are actually those who don't have stock

Another 4th grade "retort"........No wonder trump honestly stated that he loves the poorly educated who voted for his sorry, fat ass.
In their world, if you don’t agree with them, you’re a “welfare queen”.

I’m a honest, hardworking American tax payer who has never been on welfare; but I support helping those in need over giving more money to already rich companies.

These bootlickers just continue licking even as their Dear Leader walks right over them

but I can bet those bitching in this post about not having stocks, are actually those who don't have stock

Another 4th grade "retort"........No wonder trump honestly stated that he loves the poorly educated who voted for his sorry, fat ass.
In their world, if you don’t agree with them, you’re a “welfare queen”.

I’m a honest, hardworking American tax payer who has never been on welfare; but I support helping those in need over giving more money to already rich companies.

These bootlickers just continue licking even as their Dear Leader walks right over them
see that's where we differ, I am for the rich company providing a paying job helping those in need and feeling good about their life being productive, and earning a living. you wish to keep them dependent on you. aren't you sweet.

Absurd ignorance. 91% of tax payers got a tax cut. Resulting in thousands of extra dollars per year in their pocket.

Gramps, I like you, but you’ve been duped once again.

Enjoy your tax cuts while they last

But here's the thing: After 2025, all individual tax cuts are set to expire. At the same time, corporate rate cuts are made permanent under the bill.

As a result, by 2027 a large majority of people making less than $200,000 will either see little change in their tax bill or a tax increase relative to what they pay today, the JCT estimates.

Absurd ignorance. 91% of tax payers got a tax cut. Resulting in thousands of extra dollars per year in their pocket.

But here's the thing: After 2025, all individual tax cuts are set to expire. At the same time, corporate rate cuts are made permanent under the bill.

As a result, by 2027 a large majority of people making less than $200,000 will either see little change in their tax bill or a tax increase relative to what they pay today, the JCT estimates.
you say you work, did you get a reduction in your payroll tax? i did, four hundred a month. so I'm curious, it seems you didn't. that seems odd.

The tax cuts are not permanent because Democrats refused to support them making 60 votes impossible. Reconciliation by rule requires that any law be sunsetted or reapproved.

So the cuts are not permanent because of the left.

So, the workers who got a bonus, that didn't help that at all? I wonder how many of the workers have stock in the company that they work for? I bet at least 66%.

A very small percentage of workers got small one-time bonuses compared to the millions their employers are going to save on taxes. Is that worth putting billions on the backs of our children?

Bwaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaaaa. You must be a welfare queen or queer....

Ad hominem attack from a person of subpar intelligence = no substantive argument.

You lose, loser

A) What do you think those stock buy back recipients did with the money that they received by selling their stock?
1) Did they bury it in the back yard? 2) Did they put in under their mattress?
B) Did you know that these wealthy evil people had to pay 15% capital gains TAX.... if they were in a 25% or higher tax bracket? So the government gets back 15%!
C) So if these wealthy evil people that gained from the stock buy back say put the money into
1) treasury bonds.... hmm goes back to the government... (pay your welfare check...eh?) 2) Or savings accounts... but at what interest rate???

And those are just the stock buy back benefits which truly ignorant people aren't ever thinking about much less those really financially ignorant reporter hacks!
Very true, but I can bet those bitching in this post about not having stocks, are actually those who don't have stock. So they remain victims of liberalism, and must live like peons, relying on the very government assistance that you have just identified in the wealthy paying taxes. And the welfare fuckers don't thank US, they just bitch more..

I knew from the get-go that Ryan and Trump were lying to the American People, and my wife and I own stocks and bonds. In fact the first year our holdings increased and we earned $80,000 thousand in "paper" money; sadly, with the swings in the markets every time Trump tweeted, we have lost about 50k of the profits which I attribute to the steady hand of Obama.

Denial by those who tout Trump as the greatest are fools and don't have a clue as to how inept and incompetent he is and the chaos he has created in The District. Chaos is the only thing to trickle down to Main Street!

What do you think those stock buy back recipients did with the money that they received by selling their stock?

What the fuck are you babbling about???

RE-read what you wrote above and apologize for your stupidity.

Well I guess really idiots like you would bury the money those wealthy evil stock buy back recipients received! Actually I bet you would probably go out and literally "blow" it!

Of course my FACTS are confusing to you! Ignorant people of how finance works resort to "babble" when they don't understand...
So just in case let me repeat:

A) What do you think those stock buy back recipients did with the money that they received by selling their stock?

B) Did you know that these wealthy evil people had to pay 15% capital gains TAX.... if they were in a 25% or higher tax bracket?
So the government gets back 15% which I'm sure a part of which is used to make your welfare payment!

C) So if these wealthy evil people that gained from the stock buy back say put the money into
1) treasury bonds.... hmm goes back to the government... (pay your welfare check...eh?) 2) Or savings accounts... but at what interest rate???

This thread, and the propaganda piece on which it is based, should be exhibit A in demonstrating why leftists should never, ever, ever, ever, heheheeeever, be in charge of economic decisions. They literally have ZERO clue.

Never let leftists control anything. They are retarded children.

you say you work, did you get a reduction in your payroll tax? i did, four hundred a month. so I'm curious, it seems you didn't. that seems odd.

I think you are a damn liar. My check grew by a little over $200.00 each month, and my income from retirement is 2 and 1/2 times that of the mean monthly income of American's.

So, the workers who got a bonus, that didn't help that at all? I wonder how many of the workers have stock in the company that they work for? I bet at least 66%.

A very small percentage of workers got small one-time bonuses compared to the millions their employers are going to save on taxes. Is that worth putting billions on the backs of our children?

Ad hominem attack from a person of subpar intelligence = no substantive argument.

You lose, loser

B) Did you know that these wealthy evil people had to pay 15% capital gains TAX.... if they were in a 25% or higher tax bracket? So the government gets back 15%!

And those are just the stock buy back benefits which truly ignorant people aren't ever thinking about much less those really financially ignorant reporter hacks!
Very true, but I can bet those bitching in this post about not having stocks, are actually those who don't have stock. So they remain victims of liberalism, and must live like peons, relying on the very government assistance that you have just identified in the wealthy paying taxes. And the welfare fuckers don't thank US, they just bitch more..

I knew from the get-go that Ryan and Trump were lying to the American People, and my wife and I own stocks and bonds. In fact the first year our holdings increased and we earned $80,000 thousand in "paper" money; sadly, with the swings in the markets every time Trump tweeted, we have lost about 50k of the profits which I attribute to the steady hand of Obama.

Denial by those who tout Trump as the greatest are fools and don't have a clue as to how inept and incompetent he is and the chaos he has created in The District. Chaos is the only thing to trickle down to Main Street!
dude that doesn't have any logic in it. if you took 80k out are you saying you made 50k bad investments afterward? That's on trump? hahahaahahahaha, go figure a left without logic.

Last edited:

I think you are a damn liar. My check grew by a little over $200.00 each month, and my income from retirement is 2 and 1/2 times that of the mean monthly income of American's.
I can't tell you what to think. I can only tell you what I get. I'm getting four hundred a month. two hundred a pay check. Don't know what to tell you jack. I earn more than you maybe? And since you're unhappy with your extra 200 a month, why don't you just give it away to a charity and feel good about yourself. tell your family they don't deserve the extra money and hand it out. be that good little lefty you always wanted to be.

You lose, loser

Ha...ha...ha.... Guess YOU never hear of QE1,2,3 that was borrowed from the US government to support the market to the tune of nearly $4.5 TRILLION! Added to the national debt!
Yes Trump is creating chaos in Washington no question and that is good! Thank goodness Trump financially has NO NEED to become a petty millionaire like Obama did who when he entered the Presidency...
How Barack Obama Has Made $20 Million Since Arriving In Washington
The former president didn’t waste much time capitalizing on his story once he got to the nation’s capital.
In January 2005, the same month he joined the Senate, he got approval from its ethics committee for a $1.9 million advance against royalties with Random House for two non-fiction books and one children’s book.

The Obamas, who had earned less than $300,000 every year from 2000 to 2004, made an average of $2.4 million annually over the next four years, even before Barack got elected president. In the early stage of his Senate career, Michelle continued to work as the vice president for community and external affairs at the University of Chicago Hospitals. She earned $317,000 in 2005 and $274,000 in 2006 before her earnings tapered off in 2007 and 2008 as her husband ran for president. In 2005 and 2006, she served on the board of publicly traded TreeHouse Foods, earning more than $80,000.

Then came the big money. In the two weeks before he was inaugurated as the 44th president, Obama reworked his book deals. He agreed not to publish another non-fiction book during his time in office, while signing a $500,000 advance for a young adult version of Dreams From My Father. He also finished the manuscript for Of Thee I Sing: A Letter To My Daughters, which was eventually published in November 2010. He donated all post-tax profits from the children’s book to provide scholarships for children of wounded and fallen soldiers.
Over the next eight years, the Obamas made $10.8 million. Obama reported earnings of $3.1 million before taxes from his presidential salary (averaging $392,000 a year). Roughly $120,000 came from interest and dividends on investment holdings, which included U.S. treasury bills and an array of diversified funds.

Newsweek reporting on Americans for tax fairness. Pillars of objectivity there.

You're not going to see much by way of wages. The lower jobs are going to continue to be automated out of existence, tax cuts or no tax cuts. What the slash in corporate tax rates is attempting to do is to make companies based in America more competitive on a global scale. That would manifest itself in businesses bringing back, keeping or establishing more operations in America as opposed to overseas.

Yes, the rich see much more in savings because they pay an exorbitantly higher amount in the first place. I personally would rather live in a world where there's some super rich people running businesses that employ a lot of people rather than a world where the government decides what you can and can't have. It's not a zero-sum game, for the 5 millionth time.

You lose, loser

dude that doesn't have any logic in it. if you took 80k out are you saying you made 50k bad investments afterward? That's on trump? hahahaahahahaha, go figure a left without logic.

He asshole, I didn't take out 80k and I haven't invested a dime in Fidelity since I opened the account in 2016. The only exception to that is I have opened two 529 accounts at 5k each for my grandsons.

I have other investments as I believe in diversity, in our culture and in our investments.

I noticed as did most readers that you deflected from the original post to fit your biases. If you have $400 dollars extra you must be earning $260k annually. You're too dumb to be worth that, unless you are an actor or a professional athlete. Thus I conclude once again that you are a damn liar.

You lose, loser

I agree ! He wrote: $80,000 thousand in "paper" money; sadly, with the swings in the markets every time Trump tweeted, we have lost about 50k of the profits which I attribute to the steady hand of Obama.Denial by those who tout Trump as the greatest are fools and don't have a clue as to how inept and incompetent he is and the chaos he has created in The District. Chaos is the only thing to trickle down to Main Street!"

He evidently doesn't comprehend you don't make a "profit" until you sell the stock.
Once again the ignorance of people like him is on display. My only response to that ignorance is this question to him and others of his ignorance:

Guess what the DJI average was when I my securities license in 1970?
A clue:
It is 2,822% greater today 4/24/18 than it was in 1970.
Dividing 2,822% by 48 years is an average of annual growth rate of 58.8% per year.

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

So left leaning Newsweek goes to a very left leaning tax reform and comes to this conclusion and disagrees with Trump and the Republicans. Lol! Thanks for the morning laugh.

You lose, loser

Ha...ha...ha.... Guess YOU never hear of QE1,2,3 that was borrowed from the US government to support the market to the tune of nearly $4.5 TRILLION! Added to the national debt!
Yes Trump is creating chaos in Washington no question and that is good! Thank goodness Trump financially has NO NEED to become a petty millionaire like Obama did who when he entered the Presidency...
The former president didn’t waste much time capitalizing on his story once he got to the nation’s capital.
In January 2005, the same month he joined the Senate, he got approval from its ethics committee for a $1.9 million advance against royalties with Random House for two non-fiction books and one children’s book.

The Obamas, who had earned less than $300,000 every year from 2000 to 2004, made an average of $2.4 million annually over the next four years, even before Barack got elected president. In the early stage of his Senate career, Michelle continued to work as the vice president for community and external affairs at the University of Chicago Hospitals. She earned $317,000 in 2005 and $274,000 in 2006 before her earnings tapered off in 2007 and 2008 as her husband ran for president. In 2005 and 2006, she served on the board of publicly traded TreeHouse Foods, earning more than $80,000.

Then came the big money. In the two weeks before he was inaugurated as the 44th president, Obama reworked his book deals. He agreed not to publish another non-fiction book during his time in office, while signing a $500,000 advance for a young adult version of Dreams From My Father. He also finished the manuscript for Of Thee I Sing: A Letter To My Daughters, which was eventually published in November 2010. He donated all post-tax profits from the children’s book to provide scholarships for children of wounded and fallen soldiers.
Over the next eight years, the Obamas made $10.8 million. Obama reported earnings of $3.1 million before taxes from his presidential salary (averaging $392,000 a year). Roughly $120,000 came from interest and dividends on investment holdings, which included U.S. treasury bills and an array of diversified funds.

Once again an effort to censor the topic of this thread. It's odd that some who go off topic are admonished and have their post removed, and some get away with it over and over.

I can't tell you what to think. I can only tell you what I get. I'm getting four hundred a month. two hundred a pay check. Don't know what to tell you jack. I earn more than you maybe? And since you're unhappy with your extra 200 a month, why don't you just give it away to a charity and feel good about yourself. tell your family they don't deserve the extra money and hand it out. be that good little lefty you always wanted to be.

I take care of my own, each month $100 is added to each of the 529 accounts for my grandchildren. I also send $100 each month to the United Way and make a donation to St. Jude once a year.

Forum List

Back