An Open Letter to Sen. John Kerry

Not to mention that there are hundreds of polls all showing different results !

Who did the poll, just out of curiosity ?

But certainly risky to got investing tens of millions of dollars on !

The reason these polls show Kerry ahead is because the Dem's have been smashing this guy for a montha nd a ahlf. When was the last time you saw a pro-bush Add?
I haven't seen one since 2000.
Wait till bush starts his re-election. the economy will be up, the war on terror will be on. and Kerry will be beaten a La mondale.

bush in '04

Hey PJ (hope it is okay to shorten your name like that...)

I love the quotes in your signature. However, the one attributed to Reagan is true. Did you know that?? Trees do put carbon monoxide into the atmosphere than anything humans do.

Craig Rucker, Executive Director of the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow, told Massachusetts News a lot of low level ozone is caused by completely natural forces. For instance, the Smoky and Blue Ridge mountains gain their distinguishing characteristics form the formation of low level ozone. Rucker continued that, “Ronald Reagan said once that trees cause pollution and he was laughed at, and ridiculed, but studies have now shown that he was correct.”

:confused: wah? All plants take co2 and through photosynthesis they produce oxygen. Humans are the ones that produce carbon dioxide. I think ozone may refer to o3, a flammable blue gas, which is what the upper atmospere is composed of, although I'm not sure if trees also produce that. I'd say it's debatable wether that's pollution.

You are correct. Trees do produce ozone, which at ground level causes some pollution.

Granted, it does not cause the level of pollution that factories, etc. do, but it is considered a form of air pollution.

Therefore, what Reagan said is, for all intents and purposes true.

http://www.marama.org/atlas/factors.html

Eric...

Off topic, but where on Long Island? I was commuting from Vegas to Bohemia (middle island, off 454 - Vets Highway) for a year. I just ended the contract just this past December...

Forum List

Back