Scandal for Kerry?

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
No opinion as of yet, I'll wait and see what this produces. If this turns out to be true, Kerry is finished. If that happens, then Dean will be back in the race to take back Washington. YAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

CAMPAIGN DRAMA ROCKS DEMOCRATS: KERRY FIGHTS OFF MEDIA PROBE OF RECENT ALLEGED INFIDELITY, RIVALS PREDICT RUIN

**World Exclusive**
**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

A frantic behind-the-scenes drama is unfolding around Sen. John Kerry and his quest to lockup the Democratic nomination for president, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

Intrigue surrounds a woman who recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

A serious investigation of the woman and the nature of her relationship with Sen. John Kerry has been underway at TIME magazine, ABC NEWS, the WASHINGTON POST, THE HILL and the ASSOCIATED PRESS, where the woman in question once worked.

MORE

A close friend of the woman first approached a reporter late last year claiming fantastic stories -- stories that now threaten to turn the race for the presidency on its head!

In an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier this week, General Wesley Clark plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue." [Three reporters in attendance confirm Clark made the startling comments.]

The Kerry commotion is why Howard Dean has turned increasingly aggressive against Kerry in recent days, and is the key reason why Dean reversed his decision not to drop out of the race after Wisconsin, top campaign sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjk1.htm

I read this on Drudge a couple of hours ago....is it just me or is the rest of the media strangely silent? Any thoughts?

Originally posted by remie
I read this on Drudge a couple of hours ago....is it just me or is the rest of the media strangely silent? Any thoughts?

I also read a reprint on worldnetdaily. It's either baseless, or the media just wants to wait for verification before running the story. I would expect a reputable organization to have some answers before running pure rumors. Drudge has released breaking news in the past that never amounted to anything, so I'll wait and see how this turns out. If this has any truth, then the democratic party will be in complete shambles and kiss away what little hope they had to begin with.

John "Where's Waldo" Kerry

Maybe he will be Where's Waldo and get lost !!!!

I guess more food for thought is who might be behind the story. You are correct about Drudge sometimes reporting rumor as fact, but I dont think he makes things up. I am wondering if this could be a last ditch attempt by one of the other candidates to get back into the race ie Dean. I too will wait for some verification but it almost seems too good to be true.

Dean???? nah...I think the only creditable Democratic hopeful so far is edwards....pretty much stayed out of the fray.....if this turns into a fact....the democrats are a ship adrift....

Let's just hope it's the truth and that it goes down for Where's Waldo................

I think they are all waiting for more information and for Kerry's response.

If he comes clean, admits the affairs and then says it is a private matter between his wife and him, he can weather the outing. - Especially if his wife stands by her man.

If he does a Bubba and lies, then he is over. The country doesn't have the stomach for another Lewinsky type scandal.

If this is true, then Kerry is royally screwed. The media will definitely run with this story if it has any credibility at all, just like with the "Bush gone AWOL" story.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
If this is true, then Kerry is royally screwed. The media will definitely run with this story if it has any credibility at all, just like with the "Bush gone AWOL" story.

They ran bush gone awol with no credible evidence. They will only run this kicking and screaming.

They ran bush gone awol with no credible evidence. They will only run this kicking and screaming.

There was credible evidence and last I heard there were 6 mos still unaccounted for, but I am really sick of that story. Onto this new revelation, the mainstream media won't go into this issue "kicking and screaming", I do believe the media is biased, not liberally but entertainmentwise, so I think that ABC, CNN, and MSNBC will drive the story into the ground.

New Topics

Forum List

Back