An incompetent President on the economy

In case you haven't looked, they stopped the bleeding in the first two years. When Obama took office, the economy was shedding nearly 800,000 jobs per month. Only a whack job would think that could be turned around overnight.

I give him credit for avoiding a catastrophe and stopping the loss of jobs. But I also blame him for the lack of a full recovery too, we're still not doing well after more than 3 years since the recession was over (June 2009). Our job creation is less this year than last, and so is our economic growth as measured in GDP. Despite all the spending, his programs have not worked well enough to suit me and many others. That's why I'm voting him out.

What is it that you think Obama did to stop the loss of jobs?

The stimulus did help; it wasn't a complete answer, and it was not the best way of allocating money. They should have used all of it for infrastructure spending rather than tax cuts and stupid grants to insignificant programs. Even with that though, it put money into the economy that was needed to help turn the tide. The rest of it was just a matter of the runaway train losing steam. Some of it was just part of the natural business cycle. Sometimes, no matter what government does, business will slow or pick up steam for reasons completely outside the scope of anything the government does.

In case you haven't looked, they stopped the bleeding in the first two years. When Obama took office, the economy was shedding nearly 800,000 jobs per month. Only a whack job would think that could be turned around overnight.

I give him credit for avoiding a catastrophe and stopping the loss of jobs. But I also blame him for the lack of a full recovery too, we're still not doing well after more than 3 years since the recession was over (June 2009). Our job creation is less this year than last, and so is our economic growth as measured in GDP. Despite all the spending, his programs have not worked well enough to suit me and many others. That's why I'm voting him out.

Just something to think about; you may not be happy with the way things are going now, but have you considered that what Romney and the Republicans want to do could actually make things much worse? I think you are being very naive in believing that changing faces is going to guarantee a good outcome.

The recession of 2001 took quite awhile to recover too and it was a much, much smaller and certainly not even close to being as deep. Also, the recovery of 1990 recession also took longer than previous recessions and that recession was quite shallow.
If one looks at the last three recessions their trend to recovery resemble each other. The graph below shows how much more severe this last recession really was and also notice the similar pattern of the bars for the 1990, 2001 and 2007 recessions.

Attachments

• $Screen Shot 2012-09-07 at 9.23.48 AM-thumb-615x402-98202.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2012-09-07 at 9.23.48 AM-thumb-615x402-98202.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 38

Just something to think about; you may not be happy with the way things are going now, but have you considered that what Romney and the Republicans want to do could actually make things much worse? I think you are being very naive in believing that changing faces is going to guarantee a good outcome.

No, I don't think that what Romney and the Republicans want to do will make things worse than what Obama will continue to do if left to continue. You can't continue to spend money that you don't have. I believe that Romney understands that while Obama does not.

No, I don't think that what Romney and the Republicans want to do will make things worse than what Obama will continue to do if left to continue. You can't continue to spend money that you don't have. I believe that Romney understands that while Obama does not.

You do understand that Romney's revenue neutral tax cuts can only be revenue neutral if he gets the money from another source. Assuming it will come from a growing economy is not a good bet at this point, and he does want to cut taxes by nearly $500 billion per year? We already have a massive yearly deficit, and this will only make it worse. Truthfully, the math just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

Why continue the Bush tax cuts of course ;)

Forum List

Back