An example of why some are opposed to gay marriage

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
That doesn't happen in the US anymore as every unit of blood is screened.

It may be decreasing every year but you're wrong to say it doesn't happen at all.

Originally posted by jimnyc
It may be decreasing every year but you're wrong to say it doesn't happen at all.

Oh, so now you are going to ignore the fact that the risk of getting AIDS through a blood transfusion has been significantly reduced?

The real situation is that the vast majority of people are not at any risk whatsover of catching any disease from a gay man. So we are now back to the fact that homosexuals do nothing to infinge upon your liberty.

Originally posted by wonderwench
Oh, so now you are going to ignore the fact that the risk of getting AIDS through a blood transfusion has been significantly reduced?

I see you still find it hard to comprehend what people write. I clearly said the threat of AIDS through transfusion was decreasing every year, but it still happens.

Please read before replying next time.

Aloow me to repeat myself for those that have trouble with their comprehension skills:

I believe that statement clearly acknowledges that the risk of AIDS through transfusion has decreased.

Regardless of what exists at this point tell me in good faith that the primary transmission when Aids first appeared was not thru the gay community ?

You can call me Facist all you would like, I am looking out for the decency of our society, I notice how that whole part was skipped over. Should we constantly reward fringe groups for their deviations from the general population. Not that they don't have a right to do it, but it should not be acknowleged and accepted by society. Again look at what the liberal social influences have done to this country since the 1960's. Tell me we live in a better world ?

There are worse health risks than getting AIDS from a blood transfusion. Shall we make cigarettes, alcohol and french fries illegal?

There are worse health risks than getting AIDS from a blood transfusion. Shall we make cigarettes, alcohol and french fries illegal?

That's it, change the subject, don't admit that you fucked up while reading my earlier reply. Figures.

Originally posted by eric
Regardless of what exists at this point tell me in good faith that the primary transmission when Aids first appeared was not thru the gay community ?

You can call me Facist all you would like, I am looking out for the decency of our society, I notice how that whole part was skipped over. Should we constantly reward fringe groups for their deviations from the general population. Not that they don't have a right to do it, but it should not be acknowleged and accepted by society. Again look at what the liberal social influences have done to this country since the 1960's. Tell me we live in a better world ?

We live in a world that is better in some ways - and worse than others. I can trace most of the ways in which it is worse to intolerance and marginalization of diverse groups.

If gays had been allowed to live quiet, private lives without being persecuted, the protests and outlandish behavior of a small minority would not have been necessary.

I'm interpretting your mention of liberal social influences to involve promiscuity and drug abuse - these are practised by significant numbers of heterosexuals. The cause is not gay liberation by stretch of the imagination. For a root cause, I would attribute the breakdown in social mores to the replacement of individual responsibility with need / dependency in our culture. This transition has been supported by both the left and the right as a way to increase and centralize government power.

That's it, change the subject, don't admit that you fucked up while reading my earlier reply. Figures.

I didn't fuck up. The risk has been decreased - and will eventually be eliminated. Once the AIDS smoke screen goes away - what will be your justification for discrimination?

Originally posted by eric

I have no immediate documentation to back it up, but I believe that HIV transference was higher among the hypodermic drug crowd because of shared needles than it was among the homesexual community. I think it gained more recognition through the gay community because of the stigma assigned to the lifestyle.

I didn't fuck up. The risk has been decreased - and will eventually be eliminated. Once the AIDS smoke screen goes away - what will be your justification for discrimination?

And I clearly stated the chances of getting AIDS from a transfusion has decreased. This is in direct contradiction to the question you posed of me (so now you are going to ignore the fact that the risk of getting AIDS through a blood transfusion has been significantly reduced?).

Why would you pose that question of me when I just acknowledged the risk has decreased? Unless you have a better reason, I chalk it up to reading comprehension.

And I clearly stated the chances of getting AIDS from a transfusion has decreased. This is in direct contradiction to the question you posed of me (so now you are going to ignore the fact that the risk of getting AIDS through a blood transfusion has been significantly reduced?).

Why would you pose that question of me when I just acknowledged the risk has decreased? Unless you have a better reason, I chalk it up to reading comprehension.

Lame. You have rested your case largely on a foundation that gays and lesbians pose a health risk to society. If that health risk is mitigated - then your case goes away.

Lame. You have rested your case largely on a foundation that gays and lesbians pose a health risk to society. If that health risk is mitigated - then your case goes away.

I've stated no case. I simply stated that the risk has decreased, but that it is not non-existent. It's very sad to see a grown woman that has the reading comprehension of a 6th grader.

I have no immediate documentation to back it up, but I believe that HIV transference was higher among the hypodermic drug crowd because of shared needles than it was among the homesexual community. I think it gained more recognition through the gay community because of the stigma assigned to the lifestyle.

That is a possibility, but the fact remains that I would not condone or in any way reward the drug crow for their actions either, so is it with the gays.

Furthermore my case has nothing to do with health risks, that was a tangent we went on. My case is the social acceptance of deviate behavior. Look here on LI, many towns have passed ordinences prohibiting Adult stores from operating in most areas, the requirements now are very stringent concerning locations. The people felt these businesses lowered the standards of the community and people who wish not to have them in their face no longer have to. This is my point with homosexaul marriage, DO WHAT YOU WANT IN PRIVATE, but society should not accept and reward it in any way !!

Funny how a person can no longer bring a bible to work in many places, just for the simple fact that someone might be offended seeing it. Yet I am expected to be offended by open gay marriages.

Your twisting is comical. :laugh:

You're still wrong though. Dismissed.

i notice u aren't disputing what bully said. just "dismissing" her, why not respond. "just in your mind". that's a good one, sounds like o'reilly's "well that's your oppinion" when he know's he's beat.

Originally posted by deciophobic
i notice u aren't disputing what bully said. just "dismissing" her, why not respond. "just in your mind". that's a good one, sounds like o'reilly's "well that's your oppinion" when he know's he's beat.

I see you still haven't learned to spell. :D

It's an OPINION, asswipe. You can't 'beat' someone, I simply disagree.

I see you still haven't learned to spell. :D

It's an OPINION, asswipe. You can't 'beat' someone, I simply disagree.

well you got me there, I can't spell OPPPPPINION, I guess I can't spell at all can I?

I notice that you like to attack people you disagree with, why is that?

well you got me there, I can't spell OPPPPPINION, I guess I can't spell at all can I?

I notice that you like to attack people you disagree with, why is that?

Seems like that's what YOU just did, all I did was reply in kind. You offered zilch to the discussion other than your critique of my posting. There's been quite a few pages of discussion here and all you do is pick out a post from 3 pages ago and protest what I wrote. Why don't you try adding to the discussion instead of your typical whining?

Seems like that's what YOU just did, all I did was reply in kind. You offered zilch to the discussion other than your critique of my posting. There's been quite a few pages of discussion here and all you do is pick out a post from 3 pages ago and protest what I wrote. Why don't you try adding to the discussion instead of your typical whining?

yes i certaintly am the one calling people "asswipes". I don't care about this discussion, hence these are my only posts on this thread.

yes i certaintly am the one calling people "asswipes". I don't care about this discussion, hence these are my only posts on this thread.

You don't care about the discussion, you just felt the need to chime in like a troll?

Go away, asswipe.

Forum List

Back