An example of why some are opposed to gay marriage

The true test of liberty is respecting the individual rights of others who live in a way that is contrary to yours.

If freedom is only deserved by those who agree with us, then we are headed into a totalitarian death spiral.

Originally posted by wonderwench
The true test of liberty is respecting the individual rights of others who live in a way that is contrary to yours.

If freedom is only deserved by those who agree with us, then we are headed into a totalitarian death spiral.

Too bad it's not just a matter of agreeing with someone. This is about being forced to accept into society digusting habits and acts that produce nothing but diseases.

You're just going to have to learn to deal with the fact that the majority of the nation doesn't want to be a part of this filth. Nothing you can possibly say will change that.

Heterosexuals spread HPV, HSV, Gonnorhea, Sypphillus, crabs and other sexual disease. STDs are not limited to homosexuals.

Allowing gays to have their own private relationships is not forcing their lifestyle on you. Why are you so insecure?

Do what you will in private, but stop trying to make it acceptable to the rest of society !

As far as normal is concerned a little common sense is in order here. Anyone who thinks homosexuality is normal is either gay or just not too bright !

Being gay is normal for gays.

Why are you so threatened by it?

You keep making assumptions that we are threatened by it. You are wrong ! We simply find it vile, filthy, and of no value to the continuation or evoultion of the human race.

This is not about just being gay, this is about the ongoing acceptance of social liberalism, and what it is doing to our society. The world was a much better place when I was young and I have watched it deteriorate since then !

There are a lot of things that others believe, think or do that I find disgusting.

Guess what? It is none of my business - just as it is none of yours.

What is it about individual liberty you do not grok?

Why are you so threatened by it?

I hate no idea that I was threatened by it. i simply wish to protect the deffinition of marriage the way it is. However, the methods they are using to force this issue on an unwilling public does threaten to undermine the Constitution.

Guess what? It is none of my business - just as it is none of yours.

Im party of society therefore everything that happens in society is part of my business. Especially since my tax money is going to pay for medical programs to treat those who suffer from preventable diseases so they they can engage in perversion.

Then I suggest you read up on Tocqueville.

When the majority try to deny rights to the minority, the minority's only recourse is extreme measures.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Im party of society therefore everything that happens in society is part of my business. Especially since my tax money is going to pay for medical programs to treat those who suffer from preventable diseases so they they can engage in perversion.

My tax money goes to many things with which I disagree.

If you are so concerned about medical care, then your attention would be far better placed on smokers and obese people. Deaths from sexual disease are lower down on the list of behavior-affected disease.

Guess what? It is none of my business - just as it is none of yours

Once again, what you do behind closed doors is none of my business, and I could care less. Our laws are my business and I will continue to voice my opinion concerning them as well as being sure to put my resources behind politicians who think as I do. I just thank god my social standing puts me in a position where the people who make these decision listen.

Yep, nothing like a little fascist power to force others to live the way you do.

Congrats.

You have no idea what The Constitution means, given you attitude.

My tax money goes to many things with which I disagree

Then voice your opinion as we are here !

By the way smoking and being fat pose no health risk to the general public as they are not transmited diseases. Keep in mind Aids was primarily spread through the gay communities before the heterosexual population.

B'loney.

Far more people are affected by second hand smoke than by AIDs.

What is it about Individual Rights and Liberty that you do not understand?

Yep, nothing like a little fascist power to force others to live the way you do

You have a cute way of trying to turn things around. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. I simply will not grant every fringe group the rights of the mainstream, especially when it is detremential to society. Nice try though !

Then you are just another example of about which the Framers and Tocqueville cautioned.

Thanks for playing!

Far more people are affected by second hand smoke than by AIDs

Tell that to someone who got Aids through a blood transfusion !

Fine so we outlaw smoking in public, problem solved, can we now outlaw homosexuality ?

Smoking is still allowed on sidewalks and in many "public" places.

It never should have been outlawed to begin with. Business owners should be able to decide what behavior is allowed on their private property.

Your desire to outlaw homosexuality is a trait of fascism. What's next?

Athesists?
Jews?
Blacks?
Muslims?
Women working?

Originally posted by eric
Tell that to someone who got Aids through a blood transfusion !

That doesn't happen in the US anymore as every unit of blood is screened. It did happen during the first years of the HIV outbreak due to inadequate screening methods. And don't forget all the folks who contracted Hepatitis B from a contaminated blood supply...Far more than ever contracted HIV.

Forum List

Back