An example of all-out BRIBERY of an elected official

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
There are more than 40 national parks around the U.S. in which the federal government owns the surface but not the rights to the minerals underneath. Congressman Paul Gosar of Arizona recently introduced legislation that would repeal a rule designed to provide reasonable safeguards from private oil and gas development within national parks. His hope is that the previous administration’s final efforts to improve those safeguards will be rolled back, revoking the National Park Service’s new authorities over oil & gas drilling and leaving them unable to enact any similar regulations or new safety standards unless Congress explicitly authorizes them to – and we know how unlikely that is.

Our National Parks are celebrated worldwide, and we assume that our representatives want to keep them in pristine shape for generations to come – given that 86% of Americans of all stripes want to keep them free of oil and gas drilling. Just not Congressman Gosar, who’s received almost $250,000 from oil and gas interests in his last four election campaigns.

The last park I visited was the Sequoia Nat'l park. Illegal Mexicans used it to grow pot! Signs were posted to be careful. So if the Mexicans can use it I see no reason not to drill oil.

During the campaign Sanders claimed that Hillary received 4.5 million from fossil fuel interests. It makes 250k look like chump change. Of course we know that Wall Street bankers gave Hillary 250k for each of about half a dozen 15 minute speeches. I wonder what kind of promises Wall Street received in return. The MSM wasn't curious.

The last park I visited was the Sequoia Nat'l park. Illegal Mexicans used it to grow pot! Signs were posted to be careful. So if the Mexicans can use it I see no reason not to drill oil.

National Parks are dangerous, all sorts of criminals hide out in them.

• Banned

ONLY an complete IDIOT would equate growing pot to possible major oil spills....and YOU rose to that low bar.......Congrats.

• Banned
During the campaign Sanders claimed that Hillary received 4.5 million from fossil fuel interests

When will you right wing fuck heads EVER stop bringing Clinton intp every damn discussion to defend this easily bribed GOP???

If the Sierra Club had offered that crooked congressman ONE dollar more, the bastard would have thought different

Forum List

Back