An estimated 150-200 million pigs have been hit by a global plague of biblical proportions

Time to make hunting all the wild pigs in the U.S. a profitable venture.

the virus doesn't differentiate wild vs domesticated

If this gets into the feral hog population of the US, we are screwed. There are millions of them and it will devastate US and Canadian pork markets.

The european pig industry was hit by the same disease 5 years ago.
I'm glad they got on top of the pig problem.

I dont get the humor in terrifying an animal. Humans are my least favorite of God's creatures.

The people in the photos are farmers. They keep their animals clean and feed them 364 days of the year. After chores are done, they go to the county fair and try to win some money catching that greased pig so they can buy more feed and treats for their animals. Unfortunately, pigs are very messy creatures and some sows eat their their young, so have to be kept at close quarters. They're a handful. One day of escaping determined catchers isn't going to kill the pig. And they're euthanized when they become a part of the meat market world. I'm sorry the farm people's good time releasing a year of tension made you unhappy. I've seen a farmer cry when his 19-year-old mama cow died. Farmers really are good human beings. They really do more good than harm to their animals or the meat wouldn't be fit to eat. And the exercise is good for the pigs due to their confinement. They're up before the sun rises and are often caring for their animals well-being long after the sun sets, every day of the year. There are no days off with animals, and if they get to go to church, it's because they have 1 person in the family stay closeby and rotate who gets to go to services. What they get for pennies on the pound, someone pays $6. a pound at the meat counter. They're getting rooked, but they're good sports, and you don't know they're troubled until the bank calls in the loan on their land and equipment, when they're forced to live someplace else and try to do handman jobs to get by on.

Yeah, but if you hunt them, you can ignore the ones that look lethargic and go for the full spirited ones that are healthy.

True...…...but don't forget virus's usually have an incubation period before it manifests. If I seen a herd that some members were sick, I think I'd find another herd where all members appear healthy. I don't know if this is transmittable to humans or not, but.....I'd still wonder

Yeah, but if you hunt them, you can ignore the ones that look lethargic and go for the full spirited ones that are healthy.

True...…...but don't forget virus's usually have an incubation period before it manifests. If I seen a herd that some members were sick, I think I'd find another herd where all members appear healthy. I don't know if this is transmittable to humans or not, but.....I'd still wonder
I read up on it. It doesn't pass to humans. Unfortunately, viruses have been known to mutate any given property they have over time.

Forum List

Back