An analogy about R-Wers' "precious" lethal weapons....

B. If they know they're going to fail a background check you really think they are going to bother securing a weapon through legal means?

But isn't THAT the intent of having a law??? Forcing someone with nefarious aims to BREAK the law thereby increasing the chances of getting caught?

You and your right wing friends, however, have made it MUCH EASIER and LEGAL to have a bastard like Mateen to just go to a gun show or outlet, and purchase the weapon.

If I give to my nephew a LEGALLY bought AR-15....and he uses it to commit mass murder......Do I have ANY responsibility (legal or ethical) for having given him that weapon?....
(I mean, I did not know he was going to go ballistic...

If you say "yes" you have some responsibility, then I would pose that ANY right winger who advocates for the continuing indiscriminate sale of a weapon, such as the AR-15 should be just as culpable....either legally or ethically.
Nope. You can also buy guns for a ton of criminals if you want as long as you deny in court you had any idea they were criminals.

Completely untrue which you would know if you had half a brain.
If you wanted to make a private sale of one of your guns, are you required to run a background check on the buyer? Everywhere in the country?

In more than a few States yes, you are required to do a background check. However even in the States where they are not required YOU claimed you can sell a ton of guns to people you don't know and claim the fact they are criminals is unknown to you. That is a lie. That would fall under the Straw Man purchase laws, which are Federal felonies. Each gun you buy for someone else is a FELONY.

So yes, you are lying as you usually do.
If you sold a gun or multiple guns to a felon, and lived in a state that didn't require you to run a background check, you would not be at fault for anything.

Yes, you would. Especially if you know the person is a felon. That is conspiracy to commit. Yet another felony.

B. If they know they're going to fail a background check you really think they are going to bother securing a weapon through legal means?

But isn't THAT the intent of having a law??? Forcing someone with nefarious aims to BREAK the law thereby increasing the chances of getting caught?

You and your right wing friends, however, have made it MUCH EASIER and LEGAL to have a bastard like Mateen to just go to a gun show or outlet, and purchase the weapon.

Really? That's the best rationalization you can come up with? Here's the deal nimrod. France has the sort of laws you want passed here. How did it work out for the 150 people that were murdered?

Nope. You can also buy guns for a ton of criminals if you want as long as you deny in court you had any idea they were criminals.

If you wanted to make a private sale of one of your guns, are you required to run a background check on the buyer? Everywhere in the country?

In more than a few States yes, you are required to do a background check. However even in the States where they are not required YOU claimed you can sell a ton of guns to people you don't know and claim the fact they are criminals is unknown to you. That is a lie. That would fall under the Straw Man purchase laws, which are Federal felonies. Each gun you buy for someone else is a FELONY.

If you sold a gun or multiple guns to a felon, and lived in a state that didn't require you to run a background check, you would not be at fault for anything.

Yes, you would. Especially if you know the person is a felon. That is conspiracy to commit. Yet another felony.
No you wouldn't. How could you possibly know they were a felon after all?

Pretty sad state of affairs......

Remember Terry Nichols??? The accomplice of Tim McVeigh? He got a LIFE sentence without ever admitting that he was at the bomb site.

He helped fund the bomb dumbass. You're really not very smart are you....

They wouldn't be forced to break the law, dumb ass. They'd obtain it by other means.

I think people like you who constantly seek to restrict other people's freedoms should be held culpable, either legally or ethically.

Stupid retort.........I'm trying to restrict the "freedom" of gun manufacturers from easily and readily and LEGALLY selling a gun to a wanna-be terrorist

So, how do you know what was the intent of the individual who LEGALLY sold the gun to Mateen???

Face it, you're a fuck head who does not want the slightest responsibility for helping to LEGALLY arm terrorists

It's called a pattern of behavior. If I sell a gun to someone I don't know (a very rare occurrence) I ask them point blank if they are a convicted felon or prohibited from owning a gun in any way and have them sign a bill of sale attesting to that fact. I also require a copy of their photo ID. Personally I have no problem with a mandatory background check either. However, you always want to add a gun registration requirement to the law. Remove the registration and most gun owners will support universal background checks.

I think people like you who constantly seek to restrict other people's freedoms should be held culpable, either legally or ethically.

Stupid retort.........I'm trying to restrict the "freedom" of gun manufacturers from easily and readily and LEGALLY selling a gun to a wanna-be terrorist

Bullshit. You want to put them out of business thus denying the ability for the millions of law abiding citizens to obtain them. Which number is bigger a few hundred bad people, or tens of millions of good people?

They wouldn't be forced to break the law, dumb ass. They'd obtain it by other means.

So, moron......which is EASIER for the criminal.......
To break into someone's house....
Buy a gun in a sidewalk perhaps from an ATF officer,
Go to Mexico and smuggle the weapon back................................OR

To just walk into a gun show and buy all the weapons your wicked heart desires??????

So, how do you know what was the intent of the individual who LEGALLY sold the gun to Mateen???

Face it, you're a fuck head who does not want the slightest responsibility for helping to LEGALLY arm terrorists

Face it, you're a lying sack of shit who's only arguments are based on emotion and have to resort to lying to try and make a point. Like I asked before asshole, how effective was that gun ban for the 150 people in France?

Nope. You're trying to restrict me and everybody from being able to have one if we want one Stop lying. You're a dishonest and dishonorable person

Remove the registration and most gun owners will support universal background checks.

WHY ?????

Is it because you're ashamed of being a gun nut?
Or are you afraid that the bad, bad government will know that you have this gun and trace it back to you when someone you've given it to commits a crime?

So, moron......which is EASIER for the criminal.......
To break into someone's house....
Buy a gun in a sidewalk perhaps from an ATF officer,
Go to Mexico and smuggle the weapon back................................OR

To just walk into a gun show and buy all the weapons your wicked heart desires??????

Right now it's probably easier to get one from some so called Federal Sting operation that didn't bother to track the thousands of weapons it was GIVING to narco terrorists. But that's just a guess.

It's called a pattern of behavior. If I sell a gun to someone I don't know (a very rare occurrence) I ask them point blank if they are a convicted felon or prohibited from owning a gun in any way and have them sign a bill of sale attesting to that fact. I also require a copy of their photo ID. Personally I have no problem with a mandatory background check either. However, you always want to add a gun registration requirement to the law. Remove the registration and most gun owners will support universal background checks.
Oh so you make sure to cover your ass in case your buyer turns out to be a felon. Which you're not required to try to find out anyways.

Remove the registration and most gun owners will support universal background checks.

WHY ?????

Is it because you're ashamed of being a gun nut?
Or are you afraid that the bad, bad government will know that you have this gun and trace it back to you when someone you've given it to commits a crime?

Because there is a 100% correlation between gun registration and gun confiscation dumbshit. We are smart. Clearly you're as dumb as a fence post, but we KNOW whet the end result of gun registration is even if you're too stupid to understand simple history.

Like I asked before asshole, how effective was that gun ban for the 150 people in France?

Stupid and moronic example.......Those bastards in France did NOT buy the gun in that country...Instead of buying more guns, invest in a fucking map of Europe and you too would see that the guns could have come from across 5 or 6 borders to France.......Making it just a bit more difficult than just walking into a store and buying one, don't you "think", you scum bucket?

Oh so you make sure to cover your ass in case your buyer turns out to be a felon. Which you're not required to try to find out anyways.

No, I make sure that I know who the person is before I sell to him. Anyone not willing to give me a picture ID won't ever get to buy a gun from me.

Like I asked before asshole, how effective was that gun ban for the 150 people in France?

Stupid and moronic example.......Those bastards in France did NOT buy the gun in that country...Instead of buying more guns, invest in a fucking map of Europe and you too would see that the guns could have come from across 5 or 6 borders to France.......Making it just a bit more difficult than just walking into a store and buying one, don't you "think", you scum bucket?

Why? You think that if guns are banned here they won't be able to bring them in from somewhere else? Like Mexico where you can buy machineguns for 50 bucks? Truly you are a fucking moron. Those sorts of weapons are illegal in ALL of the EU dumbshit. They had to be transported THOUSANDS of miles to get to France. What the fuck do you use for brains? Are you capable of wiping your own ass or do you need help with that too?

Forum List

Back