An Alternative Idea For California's Crime Walkie-Talkie Program

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
If you are a state stupid enough to release thousands of thieves and burglars from prisons and jails, then maybe you shouldn't be augmenting their ability to carry on in the profession they've chosen. Insurance companies may want to get on board with and promote this alternative idea...

You know what professional-indigents are doing in my region? They're networking online with their free phones to coordinate where to flash-mob different towns. They post lookouts at strategic spots while a horde of them overwhelm stores and shoplift. When they're done, they get on the bus and go to another town. I've watched it in my own town several times now. I always call in but then the lookout just tells the cops "I'm just waiting for a friend". They've got it all sewn up and they're using group texts and code on these free phones to pull it off.

I've got a better idea for Cali. How about just using smaller amounts of money and putting the old pay phone system up, but make them free. If an indigent person needs help, there's a free standing phone every other corner. If they need to surf the web, then have internet cafes for them. But the phones are just crime-walkie-talkies. Trust me.

Make it harder for them to go in and grab something.

(also lets bystanders know they arent' trustworthy)

OK, that's ^^ not how we do things in this country. Thank God. However, installation of courtesy phones on street corners is a perfectly acceptable alternative to flash-mob/casing crime walkie-talkies (cellphones) for free; on the public dime.

Think about it. CA is proposing not only not protecting homeowners and shopkeepers from criminals, but they are proposing taxing those same solvent taxpayers, the last hamstrung source of revenue to run the state, so that crimes against them can be more easily done and coordinated, without check.

You'd think the insurance companies processing the escalating number of claims would be shitting a brick over this proposed insanity.

If you are a state stupid enough to release thousands of thieves and burglars from prisons and jails, then maybe you shouldn't be augmenting their ability to carry on in the profession they've chosen. Insurance companies may want to get on board with and promote this alternative idea...

You know what professional-indigents are doing in my region? They're networking online with their free phones to coordinate where to flash-mob different towns. They post lookouts at strategic spots while a horde of them overwhelm stores and shoplift. When they're done, they get on the bus and go to another town. I've watched it in my own town several times now. I always call in but then the lookout just tells the cops "I'm just waiting for a friend". They've got it all sewn up and they're using group texts and code on these free phones to pull it off.

I've got a better idea for Cali. How about just using smaller amounts of money and putting the old pay phone system up, but make them free. If an indigent person needs help, there's a free standing phone every other corner. If they need to surf the web, then have internet cafes for them. But the phones are just crime-walkie-talkies. Trust me.

Surely their government -provided cell phones can be used to convict them of such shenanigans.

Surely their government -provided cell phones can be used to convict them of such shenanigans.
No, that's the thing. They use code of course. Criminals aren't stupid. In fact they may be smarter than most working decent folks. After all, why slave 9-5 and fight traffic 5 days a week when you can lounge around most of the time and TAKE what you want when you want it?

They use code and set up group texts to alert their fellows if police are nearby. Even "have a nice day!" sent in text might mean (OK, the cops are approaching from the south, take evasive action going east on the second alley to the left)

Forum List

Back