Walkie-Talkie Toys (for kids): A Parenthood Tool!

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
A walkie-talkie is a hand-held, portable, two-way radio transceiver. Its development during the Second World War has been variously credited to Donald L. Hings, radio engineer Alfred J. Gross, and engineering teams at Motorola. First used for infantry, similar designs were created for field artillery and tank units, and after the war, walkie-talkies spread to public safety and eventually commercial and jobsite work. Typical walkie-talkies resemble a telephone handset, with a speaker built into one end and a microphone in the other (in some devices the speaker also is used as the microphone) and an antenna mounted on the top of the unit. They are held up to the face to talk (source of information: Wikipedia).

I'm a big fan of toy walkie-talkie models for kids, since they offer the modern-age tech-and-communications relevant 'training' and/or 'adult-world simulation.'

Plus, they're great psychiatry tools for improving relations with your kids (seriously)...

====

FATHER: Son, I got you these toy walkie-talkies for us to play with in the woods behind our house!
SON: Cool! We can talk on them and communicate as we separate to search for rabbits and deer together.
FATHER: That's right. This Saturday morning, we'll go to the Pine Barrens searching for the Jersey Devil.
SON: That sounds creepy...what if the Jersey Devil is real?
FATHER: Well, we'll stay in touch with our new walkie-talkies.
SON: Alright, dad. I'll get ready for Saturday. Thanks for the walkie-talkie toys!

FATHER: Great. Ready, son. We're off to the Pine Barrens.
SON: Let's go! I made sure my walkie-talkies have new and fully-charged batteries in them...
FATHER: Good job. I brought some printed-out photos of the Jersey Devil, so we know what to identify!
SON: Boy, that creature looks really scary...
FATHER: If you're in trouble or spot him, be sure to use your walkie-talkie to make contact with me...
SON: Alright. You go left, I'll go right.

FATHER: "Son...can you hear me? Have you found anything yet?"
SON: "Yeah...dad! I think I see some weird creature rustling around in the bushes ahead of me."
FATHER: "Where are you? I'll come to your location!"
SON: "I'm about 100 yards to the right from where we separated...hurry!"

FATHER: "Look at that thing! It really looks like the Jersey Devil!"
SON: "Yeah, dad! I'm glad I used my walkie-talkie to signal you in time."
FATHER: "It's a good thing I brought my handgun."
SON: "Oh, dad."

====

UOKOO.jpg

Forum List

Back