American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Y5RZfua-338x350.jpg

Workshops in White Privilege

March 19, 2013
By Mark Tapson

One of the “diversity” training documents linked to the site suggests that white people “wear a white wristband as a reminder about your privilege, and as a personal commitment to explain why you wear the wristband.” It also suggests that white people ponder questions such as “How do I ignore privilege? What am I doing today to undo my privilege? How do I fool myself into thinking I am powerless?” For those white people who might find their thoughts drifting away from such self-flagellation during the day, here are its other suggestions for keeping unearned guilt in the forefront of one’s consciousness:

■Set aside sections of the day to critically examine how privilege is working.

■Put a note on your mirror or computer screen as a reminder to think about privilege.

■Make a daily list of the ways privilege played out, and steps taken or not taken to address privilege.

■Find a person of color who is willing to hold you accountable for addressing privilege.

This newfound awareness shouldn’t end with you, however; it should extend to everyone you interact with: “Not only should you examine the kind of privilege you bring to your (work) site but also how power is distributed among the families, community members, and students you work with,” the “Power and Privilege” page said. Presumably the next step would be to work toward the redistribution of that power. At the top of the page, CNS notes, was a quotation from feminist Gloria Steinem that reads, “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.”

Not equality for all, but for those the government favors. For the race-mongering left, the “white privilege” fabrication isn’t so much about redressing inequality as seizing power. So much for our “most-racial” President’s promise of a post-racial America.

Workshops in White Privilege

Black Skin Privilege
December 21, 2012
By David Horowitz and John Perazzo
Black Skin Privilege

Seems to me that the racists are the ones claiming white privilege. It's the ones behind this program that think being white is just better and, therefore, a privilege. Why would they consider skin color to be an advantage or disadvantage? Can't they get past that? Obviously, they can't or they wouldn't be so obsessed with it and come up with bullshit programs that promote the notion that being born white is something to be envied. What a bunch of idiots.

The left needs to really get with it and start seeing people as equals. Only then will they realize that minorities are just as smart as whites and don't need the government to lower the bar for them. They can stop grouping people by color and start focusing on how people think and feel about things. That is what matters, but they never seem to understand that.

Aw, shit. Not THIS again!

Get some new material. This one has already been beaten to death.

Oldgeezer = Senile, Alcoholic, Self-Loathing White Man...:eusa_silenced:

Maybe so. But, in my senile, alcoholic, self-loathing state I CAN use the search function.

What's your excuse?

OK, so you're for the race baiting/loathing in the education sys, and thanks for admitting to my portrayal of you...:eusa_angel:

http://www.google.com/search?source...meriCorps+VISTA:+Workshops+in+White+Privilege

Last edited:

Yes, these liberal workshops are nothing but shit and I don't blame you for being upset since this should be really embarrassing to the left.

Of course, no one on the left ever defends these programs or agrees that they are wrong. They just attack the source and insult in hopes they can kill the thread. You think people talking about what the left is continuing to do is beating a horse to death?

Hey, the left can stop with the idiotic, racist programs any time and then we'll stop talking about what ignorant fools they are. But, till then.........................

If you and other libs don't want to discuss it, fine. Your presence is not required for the debate and, honestly, the nasty posts are often a distraction and waste of bandwidth.

Of course, the left seems to be coming up with more of these ridiculous workshops rather than realizing how stupid they look and stopping them, so as long as they throw this shit out there, many of us will continue to point it out.

Forum List

Back