CDZ America's Political Divide - What if.......?

Yet no one looks at him and says Christians or Whites are evil.

Because the moron child is not backed by a large international movement to politicize a religion. No glossy Jihadist magazines, no organizations PRAISING HIM and claiming responsibility for his actions. Wasn't coached on how to kill. Do you really need other people to explain the basics to you?

When people are bound and determined to defend through false equivalencies, there is no amount of explanation that can ever penetrate because that would require the sort of intellectual honesty and open mindedness inherently lacking by nature of intentionally distorting through false equivalence in the first place. .

No. Might be a good excuse for the ideologues to deteriorate more of our rights, though.

Having specifically placed this thread in the CDZ, I'm hopeful we can have a calm, reasonable discussion here.

I was watching a conversation on teevee with various pundits about America's partisan divide, and at one point one of them said something like, "well, outside of a major terrorist attack, I can't think of anything right now that could bring the two sides together".

The other pundits all nodded in agreement, as if to say, "well yeah, obviously outside of a major terrorist attack."

Are we sure about that?

Are we certain that, if a successful jihadist attack killed 300 in a school, or set off a dirty bomb in the middle of Manhattan, or killed thousands by flying an airplane into a skyscraper, that Americans would come together as one for a change?

Or have we deteriorated to a point at which would we devolve into finger-pointing and attacking each other along partisan lines before the American bodies were even cold?

Thoughts?

I believe some will point fingers but those like you and even myself would turn our backs on those individuals while uniting for the better good of the nation.

Just my hope that this country is not as divided as some believe...

Forum List

Back