Americans Who Can’t Afford Homes Are Moving to Europe Instead.

(Bloomberg) -- More Americans are relocating to Europe, driven across the Atlantic by the rising cost of living, inflated house prices, a surging dollar and political rancor at home.

Any US citizen who moves to Europe is an idiot
EU hasn't any future, better to move to Texas or Dakotas or to almost any read state
Europa is run by more crazy morons as USA, almost anyone is a satanist and communist.

• Banned
Any US citizen who moves to Europe is an idiot
EU hasn't any future, better to move to Texas or Dakotas or to almost any read state
Europa is run by more crazy morons as USA, almost anyone is a satanist and communist.

It is nice there though.

The South of France. Best place on this earth.

You’re right about this. # Europa is run by more crazy morons as USA,

We are ruled by cretins.

It is nice there though.

The South of France. Best place on this earth.

You’re right about this. # Europa is run by more crazy morons as USA,

We are ruled by cretins.

Any sane people shall leave Europe as soon as possible
'Vaccinated' morons are starting to die in droves and EU idiots going to murder own economies by schizophrenic sanctions

What for? Europe has the same issues.

Because they won't care about the politics and Portugal at least is apparently a lot cheaper to live in, has an accelerated pathway to citizenship if you buy a house, and has fewer restrictions on foreign owned property. I know someone who recently retired to there. He was an odd duck to begin with so I can't say that we have lost much with his decision.

Because they won't care about the politics and Portugal at least is apparently a lot cheaper to live in, has an accelerated pathway to citizenship if you buy a house, and has fewer restrictions on foreign owned property. I know someone who recently retired to there. He was an odd duck to begin with so I can't say that we have lost much with his decision.
Do you think he cares if you miss him?

Cheap properties is the main cause, I think. Everything else goes along with that.

They don't grant citizenship, btw. They offer a permanent residency status.

Cheap properties is the main cause, I think. Everything else goes along with that.

They don't grant citizenship, btw. They offer a permanent residency status.

I think I read somewhere that their Golden Visa program shortens the time it takes to become a citizen. Anyway, sure cheaper property is good. We would probably retire to Ireland when the time comes if the damn real estate prices there weren't so insane for what you get. Once we get our devil spawn through college, we will be bankrupt so we may have to settle for seeing if you can really live like a king in Mexico for cheap LOL.

I think I read somewhere that their Golden Visa program shortens the time it takes to become a citizen. Anyway, sure cheaper property is good. We would probably retire to Ireland when the time comes if the damn real estate prices there weren't so insane for what you get. Once we get our devil spawn through college, we will be bankrupt so we may have to settle for seeing if you can really live like a king in Mexico for cheap LOL.
In the part of the world where I live, there was popular advertising of property in Bulgaria some time ago (maybe 10 years ago, or so). Everything sounded perfect - relatively cheap property, a permanent residency status that would allow to travel all across EU visa free, seaside 'around the corner' etc.

Well, after some time first feedback from people who bought that began to emerge. As always, reality turned out to be somewhat different from advertising. People became familiar with local realities there - specific way of utility services' functioning, waiting for weeks for a local authorities' response, seaside behind resort zones isn't always so pleasant for an eye and something even for a nose, medical services somewhere in a larger town with dubious quality, etc.

Yeah, I understand that Bulgaria isn't Portugal or Italy, to say nothing about Spain and France. After all, everyone has own preferences and financial abilities.

In the part of the world where I live, there was popular advertising of property in Bulgaria some time ago (maybe 10 years ago, or so). Everything sounded perfect - relatively cheap property, a permanent residency status that would allow to travel all across EU visa free, seaside 'around the corner' etc.

Well, after some time first feedback from people who bought that began to emerge. As always, reality turned out to be somewhat different from advertising. People became familiar with local realities there - specific way of utility services' functioning, waiting for weeks for a local authorities' response, seaside behind resort zones isn't always so pleasant for an eye and something even for a nose, medical services somewhere in a larger town with dubious quality, etc.

Yeah, I understand that Bulgaria isn't Portugal or Italy, to say nothing about Spain and France. After all, everyone has own preferences and financial abilities.

The guy I know who moved to Portugual had someone else take care of that for him in advance of moving. I recall him mentioning needing to do a power of attorney for the agent to do the closing and getting all the utilities set up well ahead of time. He had known that person before so wasn't worried about being conned.

I have watched some of the househunter international shows and such. While eastern europe certainly looks like a bargain, a lot of the properties are a tad rustic for me. I consider bathrooms and kitchens a necessity LOL.

(Bloomberg) -- More Americans are relocating to Europe, driven across the Atlantic by the rising cost of living, inflated house prices, a surging dollar and political rancor at home.

I can remember only about ten years ago being amazed at how cheap houses were in the States. That all seems to have happened very quick and of course rents as well. Way above what many can afford and nothing for those left behind in the tents. A lot of their property has been bought by those with obscene amounts of money sometimes even leaving it empty rather than allowing people whose home is America to have one. So yes, possibly in some places Europe is cheaper. Then the political rancor which is so bad many are wondering about civil war or a Christian/nazi government while others want that. That to me would be another reason to leave. I wonder if the third is in it too. It is time for people to find themselves a safe place to live while we experience climate disaster. It is possible that some European countries offer a better place to go through that....but of course we will not know till someone asks them.

The guy I know who moved to Portugual had someone else take care of that for him in advance of moving. I recall him mentioning needing to do a power of attorney for the agent to do the closing and getting all the utilities set up well ahead of time. He had known that person before so wasn't worried about being conned.

I have watched some of the househunter international shows and such. While eastern europe certainly looks like a bargain, a lot of the properties are a tad rustic for me. I consider bathrooms and kitchens a necessity LOL.
Well, I am not that much of a traveller, but from a handful of Eastern European countries I have been to my choice would be definitely the Czech Republic. But if someone prefers seaside, it is not a choice for them.

There are 6.9 Western-European migrants (to the US) per 1,000 people living in Western Europe today. By contrast, there are only 2.1 US migrants (to Western Europe) for every 1,000 people living in the US today.

There are 6.9 Western-European migrants (to the US) per 1,000 people living in Western Europe today. By contrast, there are only 2.1 US migrants (to Western Europe) for every 1,000 people living in the US today.

The US 1965 Immigration Act made it almost impossible for white Christian Europeans to move in.
Only colored welfare bandits, criminals, wetbacks and 'refugees' are welcome.

Good Immigrants

170113-salvador-gangs-0854.jpg

Bad immigrants

5afecbd553209_family.jpg

Forum List

Back