Americans Quit Their Jobs at Record Pace for 2nd Month

If you have been workng a low paying job for a few years and now all these jobs are popping up paying between 12-17dollars an hour and you are making 10 or 11 you re going to jump from McDonalds to Burger King just for the raise

If you have been workng a low paying job for a few years and now all these jobs are popping up paying between 12-17dollars an hour and you are making 10 or 11 you re going to jump from McDonalds to Burger King just for the raise

The hidden problem of people not taking better paying jobs lies behind our terrible drug usage problem we have in this country. People hooked on "whatever" can't take those better paying jobs because better paying places have random drug screenings.

My father is a retired bricklayer. He's 90 years old now, but still receives a pension and communications from his union. They sent out flyers to all their retirees urging them to find young people willing to get into the trade. Oh, they found people interested, but none that could pass a drug test.

Granted, bricklaying is hard work, but up north here it pays around $52.00 an hour. Can't find clean people to take the job, and the training is free.

This is a troubling trend.

Can someone who voted for Biden please spin this for me? It looks bad. Tell me how it is a good thing.

I'm not reading briebart, but if you found a more reputable source, you'd learn people are quitting the job they had because often times they can get a new job that is a better job. We don't have enough workers to fill the demand for labor. Boomers are retiring and Trump largely ended legal immigration for people taking the lowest paying jobs. This should not surprise anyone who was paying the least attention to the labor markets over the past 12 years or so.

I'm not reading briebart, but if you found a more reputable source, you'd learn people are quitting the job they had because often times they can get a new job that is a better job. We don't have enough workers to fill the demand for labor. Boomers are retiring and Trump largely ended legal immigration for people taking the lowest paying jobs. This should not surprise anyone who was paying the least attention to the labor markets over the past 12 years or so.

Trump has been out of office for nearly a year now and Biden opened up the border which is why it's such a mess today. The problem is that people got conditioned to not work by the Democrats paying them to stay home. Dementia even halted all ICE workplace raids.

And there you go. You were living in what you call one of the wealthiest areas, and wonder why people don't want to work for a living?

Stay at home moms are only needed for preschool children. Once kids are in school, moms have no need to be home. Sounds to me like you're yet another person who found a way to milk the system when you could have easily supported yourselves.

Our founders never designed a federal government to support people or their families. They created a federal government to govern. If you want skills to get a job, get them yourself. I did. I didn't need government to support me while I did. I didn't need government to support my kids because I made sure I didn't have kids I couldn't support.

The lowlifes that moved into this area partly thanks to government destroyed my once beautiful suburb. Tens of millions of dollars in lost property values, the closing of all our major stores, and schools where teachers get assaulted by lowlife kids every month. Our police force is not large enough to handle the crime and thanks to the Democrats, nobody wants the job of a police officer any longer. Our city is looking to hire five additional officers they can't find. It's not just our problem, it's a nationwide problem.

Yes there are a lot of people who can do without government assistance, but the problem is the Democrat party loves dependents. The more dependents, the more likely Democrat voters. So they don't lift a finger to investigate any applicant for assistance. They want them on these programs for votes.
That whole the Democrat party loves dependents is just pure horseshit. If anything, the Republican party does everything in its power to keep those dependents dependent by shooting down any Democratic proposal that might lift them out of their dependency status. Like a work requirement for the refundable child tax credit. What total crap, a work requirement defeats the entire purpose of the credit and turns it into a boost to the environment of the children into a subsidy for employers who can pay those workers less due to the credit. Taking money out of the mouths of babies and putting it into the coffers of large companies. That is your Republican party.

And you could not be more wrong about a full-time parent is only needed during the preschool years. All those kids assaulting teachers, those gang members roaming the street. I damn guarantee they don't have a full-time parent. My youngest kid is a senior in college and his Mom still doesn't work. His car broke down this weekend. She had to take him back to school. That is just one example of what she still does for him.

I see the same thing you see at the grocery store. But I also see more. Yes, the scenario you described plays out in the checkout line all too frequently. But, there are some responsible people getting SNAP, you just don't see them. The problem is not in the benefit itself, the problem is a lack of education. People getting government assistance don't need to be forced to work a job, they need to be given skills, in money management, in parenting. And then, perhaps taught a marketable skill. Thing is, when you first become eligible for SNAP they send you to a class before your card is activated, a class on how to use the damn card. Why not give them a class on money management and parenting skills?

Those people you see in the checkout line, some single moms, or dads, but mostly two income households that just don't make enough money. The ones you don't see, they are the ones like I raised my kids, using government assistance to provide for a full-time mother at home. Yes, my kids got some kickass genes. But most of the credit for their success comes from that stay at home Mom, who shopped like a pro, maximized both my income and the government assistance, and was always there for them, from help with homework to cheering them on at their ballgames. Living in the right school district helped immensely. I found a way to live in one of the wealthiest districts in the area. Location, location, location. And that answers your question as to why the government is funding housing in the suburbs.
But you didn’t know how those children would turn out, and in most cases, there is a cycle of ongoing dependence of government assistance, once generation to the other.

And you did choose to use other people’s money to raise your six children, and go onto welfare, to allow your wife to SAH. I do not agree with people who choose to have so many children when they are unable to support them and rely on other people, who must work, to offset their expenses.

Sorry, but that’s just my opinion.

That whole the Democrat party loves dependents is just pure horseshit. If anything, the Republican party does everything in its power to keep those dependents dependent by shooting down any Democratic proposal that might lift them out of their dependency status. Like a work requirement for the refundable child tax credit. What total crap, a work requirement defeats the entire purpose of the credit and turns it into a boost to the environment of the children into a subsidy for employers who can pay those workers less due to the credit. Taking money out of the mouths of babies and putting it into the coffers of large companies. That is your Republican party.

And you could not be more wrong about a full-time parent is only needed during the preschool years. All those kids assaulting teachers, those gang members roaming the street. I damn guarantee they don't have a full-time parent. My youngest kid is a senior in college and his Mom still doesn't work. His car broke down this weekend. She had to take him back to school. That is just one example of what she still does for him.

Our crime problems are from single-parent homes, not part-time anything. I listen to the police scanner in our city. In many cases it's the mother calling the cops on her own children. Our city had to create a new law that any more than three calls to the police department per year, the homeowner gets charged for each additional call. Our police cannot be surrogate fathers.

So the mothers quit calling and the male children especially become more defiant and disobedient. Now, this is normal for many male children and even some female during puberty, but with no father to smack the kid down, he grows up that way doing whatever he feels like. He takes that attitude to school, and in some cases to the police where he ends up in jail or dead. Our most recent murder was about a month ago. It was a 12 and 13 year old who gunned down a 14 year old. Does that sound like these kids came from a two-parent household?

I had a great family growing up. Pop went to work and mom stayed home to take care of us. Once out of kindergarten (because kids get sick from nerves quite often) my mother got a part-time job. She was home by the time we got home from school, cooked a great meal, and we ate when Dad got home from work.

Your rant about Republican keeping people dependent and in the same breath, complain they wanted a work requirement for tax credits sounds like they want people off the dole to me. Employers don't base their rate of pay on what government does, employers base their rate of pay by who is willing to work for that kind of money. The idea that employers consider anything government does is a leftist lie and always has been.

Trump refused to sign the pork bill because it contained a provision to add unemployment keeping people at home instead of working. He raised food stamps by 30%. And yes, the child tax credit was studied and found to keep people at home who would otherwise be working. Yes, the Democrat party wants more government dependents. Always have and always will.

Last edited:

Come on. The Dems aren't interested in the interim use of a program like you describe, they are interested in the nonstop dependency on the programs to keep a voter base. What single thing has a Dem ever done to get a person OFF a program and self reliant? We support businesses to create jobs so people CAN take care of themselves, you want the people constantly taken care of by the party.

But you didn’t know how those children would turn out, and in most cases, there is a cycle of ongoing dependence of government assistance, once generation to the other.

And you did choose to use other people’s money to raise your six children, and go onto welfare, to allow your wife to SAH. I do not agree with people who choose to have so many children when they are unable to support them and rely on other people, who must work, to offset their expenses.

Sorry, but that’s just my opinion.
My oldest daughter explains my position best. Often times people she meets are shocked that she has five brothers and sisters. There is almost always the proverbial, "Are you Catholic". She just laughs and says no. Then she explained, "Dad always told me he was placed on this earth to make it a better place. He figured he needed all the help he could get, so he had six kids".

The government conducts all kinds of handouts. From the replenishment allowance for oil companies to depreciation allowances for real estate investors. I figured out early on what I do best, raise children. And I am not just talking about financial success. I am talking about morality. I was not strict. There was no corporal punishment. But I had rules and they were non-negotiable. Most of all, I gave them choices, but I taught them to live with the consequences of their actions. And I gave them a hunger for knowledge.

One of the kids favorite example was my policy for rewarding A's in school. You get an A, I paid you ten dollars. You get straight A's, I paid you twenty dollars per A. I called it the double. But if all the kids made straight A's, I doubled the double, $40 per A. You think I had to tell them to do their homework or study? Hell no, they were on each other.

Can someone who voted for Biden please spin this for me? It looks bad. Tell me how it is a good thing.

Only false capitalists don't respond to market based inputs.

The goal of the left is to destroy the nation.
However does the right-wing come up with their gossip, hearsay, and soothsay?

Our Founding Fathers did an most excellent job at the convention with our federal Constitution and supreme Law of the Land.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Are we a nation of Laws for Legal purposes or not?

The epidemic is ramping up again, that might influence whether people are willing to work.

Forum List

Back