Americans Quit Their Jobs at Record Pace for 2nd Month

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
This is a troubling trend.

Can someone who voted for Biden please spin this for me? It looks bad. Tell me how it is a good thing.

Can someone who voted for Biden please spin this for me? It looks bad. Tell me how it is a good thing.

Uhm, the over payment of unemployment by Trump made them do it

Maybe if bosses paid better and gave better benefits and didn't treat their workers like crap.......

Did you count the better jobs that many of these people quit their old jobs to take or are you just counting the quits?

Your linked article explains it… now let me ask you… why is this a bad thing?

I quote, “The figures point to a historic level of turmoil in the job market as newly-empowered workers quit jobs to take higher pay that is being dangled by increasingly-desperate employers in need of help. Incomes are rising, Americans are spending more and the economy is growing, and employers have ramped up hiring to keep the pace.”

ColonelAngus
Looks like they are quitting jobs and going after higher paying jobs. Since everyone is hiring and paying higher wages it looks like a good idea. Quit one job and take another with better pay.

ColonelAngus
Looks like they are quitting jobs and going after higher paying jobs. Since everyone is hiring and paying higher wages it looks like a good idea. Quit one job and take another with better pay.
Holy shit. Did your kids get hold of your password?

First post you ever made that makes sense

The answer is right there in your own link, dumbass.

The figures point to a historic level of turmoil in the job market as newly-empowered workers quit jobs to take higher pay that is being dangled by increasingly-desperate employers in need of help.

My own company is doing the same thing. We are hiring people away from other companies for more pay.

Are we going to have to go to the BERNIE SANDERS BREAD LINE LOGIC?

BREAD LINES ARE A GOOD THING....IT MEANS PEOPLE ARE EATING BREAD!!

PEOPLE QUITTING JOBS IS A GOOD THING...IT MEANS THEY ARE NOT WORKING.

Maybe if bosses paid better and gave better benefits and didn't treat their workers like crap.......
Persactly.

About two years ago my middle son was working as a warehouse worker for Amazon. He loved the job, and he came home every night and took notes about how he could improve their efficiency. He was going to graduate from college in the spring and he was honestly contemplating on making a career with Amazon. They had promised him, keep your attendance up and in three months we will make you full time with benefits. But the three months passed and they kept stalling. He was still waiting to be made full time, with benefits an additional two months. Then they laid him off, no notice. Just you are laid off, don't come to work tomorrow. Then Covid hit.

Less than a month passed and Amazon was contacting him. They offered a raise, immediate full time status, and a sign-on bonus. He told them to pound sand. The company had no loyalty to him, he had no loyalty to them.

What companies cannot realize is that this younger generation is a completely different breed than previous generations. They don't take no shit. Just as the example of my son has shown. If companies can't give them loyalty they sure as hell are not going to be loyal to a company. They will jump ship and move to another job at the drop of a hat. They demand feedback, require coaching, and will not blindly follow orders, they need to know why. And they need to know what is in it for them, besides a damn paycheck. Until companies adjust to this new mindset they will be continually plagued with staffing problems. Companies that adapt quickly will decimate the competition by providing better, and more consistent service, than their competitors that are behind the curve.

Persactly.

About two years ago my middle son was working as a warehouse worker for Amazon. He loved the job, and he came home every night and took notes about how he could improve their efficiency. He was going to graduate from college in the spring and he was honestly contemplating on making a career with Amazon. They had promised him, keep your attendance up and in three months we will make you full time with benefits. But the three months passed and they kept stalling. He was still waiting to be made full time, with benefits an additional two months. Then they laid him off, no notice. Just you are laid off, don't come to work tomorrow. Then Covid hit.

Less than a month passed and Amazon was contacting him. They offered a raise, immediate full time status, and a sign-on bonus. He told them to pound sand. The company had no loyalty to him, he had no loyalty to them.

What companies cannot realize is that this younger generation is a completely different breed than previous generations. They don't take no shit. Just as the example of my son has shown. If companies can't give them loyalty they sure as hell are not going to be loyal to a company. They will jump ship and move to another job at the drop of a hat. They demand feedback, require coaching, and will not blindly follow orders, they need to know why. And they need to know what is in it for them, besides a damn paycheck. Until companies adjust to this new mindset they will be continually plagued with staffing problems. Companies that adapt quickly will decimate the competition by providing better, and more consistent service, than their competitors that are behind the curve.
And besides, he can stay in daddy's basement while he "demands" food and rent free accomodations while all those companies adjust right?

Forum List

Back