Americans like to live in cars!

"Jon Christensen, who's with the UCLA Institute of Environment and Sustainability, says the "van life" is very much an all-American, Henry David Thoreau ideal."

what an asshole. As usual, the loopys are allied with the elite against the unestablished.

You know...............if I had around 30,000 to customize a vehicle to my specs so that I could live in it and travel over the whole USA, I'd jump at it in a second.

Matter of fact, if my room mate and I ever hit the lottery, we're gonna buy a Winnebago and travel for around 6 months, then land in CO and buy a house.

I wouldn't mind the van life. Sounds pretty freeing to me, and I'm 52 years old.

Isn't the average monthly apt. rent well over $1200.00? (read that just this morning). Looks like the Obama recovery is a house of fake lies stacked upon lies.

You know...............if I had around 30,000 to customize a vehicle to my specs so that I could live in it and travel over the whole USA, I'd jump at it in a second.

Matter of fact, if my room mate and I ever hit the lottery, we're gonna buy a Winnebago and travel for around 6 months, then land in CO and buy a house.

I wouldn't mind the van life. Sounds pretty freeing to me, and I'm 52 years old.

Are you just saying this cuz the rent is just too goddamn high and are facing eviction?..........:lol:.

I worked out of town in the construction business for years it ended up cheaper to live in a camper so I bought a 20' one. In a couple of years I plan on buying a Class C RV and just go where ever the fancy takes me. I'll have a home base but I won't be there much.

You would need more then 30 grand..

You could buy a say $10,000 pick up truck and and a $16,000 tow behind 20 footer

You would need more then 30 grand..

You could buy a say $10,000 pick up truck and and a $16,000 tow behind 20 footer

Only trouble is, I'm kinda picky about my surroundings. I like custom made stuff.

But.................if I ever saw one that I liked and could afford, I'd buy it.

There is a good opportunity here, someone should start opening car parks, where you park for the night for $10. A legal space, much more secure than the street. It would be like an overnight campground without any water, shower, or firepit.

I think Matt Foley would approve.

I worked out of town in the construction business for years it ended up cheaper to live in a camper so I bought a 20' one. In a couple of years I plan on buying a Class C RV and just go where ever the fancy takes me. I'll have a home base but I won't be there much.

Ya know I have been thinking of buying one..but I don't get something when I check on craigslist, why are fifth wheelers so cheap compared to basic tow behinds? I thought they would be in the high 50k with slide outs?

Yes...car parks with a nice bathroom facility. Yearly trental for a lot. A business opportunity. Then custom vans....cheaper ththan a house.

You know.............if the current trend is for people to move into small houses (watch Tiny House Living sometime), then what is wrong with living in a van? Saves on expenses and hassle, and lets you go where you want.

It used to be called RV'ing.........(I still have mine, but return to the creature comforts of 'sticks n' bricks). Still, livin' outta a car is not RV'ing.........it's called poverty!

You know.............if the current trend is for people to move into small houses (watch Tiny House Living sometime), then what is wrong with living in a van? Saves on expenses and hassle, and lets you go where you want.

It used to be called RV'ing.........(I still have mine, but return to the creature comforts of 'sticks n' bricks). Still, livin' outta a car is not RV'ing.........it's called poverty!

Hey............if you've got water, a place to sleep, room for your clothes and can live comfortably with it, then go for it.

Half of the 20 years that I was in the Navy, I was on sea duty, and my living quarters were a box about 3 ft, by 3 ft, by 6 ft, and all my belongings were stored in the locker under my mattress. Only time I got better living conditions was aboard an MSC vessel where I shared a 2 man stateroom with a small bathroom.

Forum List

Back