Americans have had over 200 years to prove democracy can work, but...

Americans had decent republic representation up until the 1970s-80s.

In the 80s, one of Reagan's Congresses voted themselves The Lords of America, and it's been downhill ever since.

Ever since they could take corporate bribes with impunity, the peoples' needs have been ignored in favor of personal gain.

Citizens United needs nuked from orbit, along with whatever they did in the 1980s.
IMO: 1963 -64 ... the last good Democrat JFK ... its been downhill since then

The US is a Republic, not a Democracy. Pure Democracies have a tendency to descend into dictatorships.

Both systems allow for citizens to be represented by elected representatives .
In pure democracy, laws are made directly by the majority, leaving minority rights unprotected.

In a republic, laws are made by elected representatives in compliance with a framework or constitution that is supposed to protect minority rights of the from the will of the majority.
The Constitution and ammendments / Bill of Rights, prohibits government from infringing on “inalienable” rights, even if that government was freely chosen by the majority of the people. In a pure democracy, the voting majority has almost limitless power over the minority.

So Basically a Democracy is as stated in another Post
“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.” ― James Bovard, The Destruction of American Liberty

Republics decline into democracies and democracies decline into despotisms. - Plato ?
Yes. We aren’t a democracy. And we are a republic: A Constitutional republic.

If I printed your posts, I’d have a ready supply of toilet paper but it would already be shit-stained.

You still cannot deal with the actual definition of tyranny which is what our conversation has been about. You just blatantly tried to reframe it.

I recognize that you are mentally retarded. But try to follow along. Slavery is wrong. In fact, we today consider it immoral. That’s not even a question open to debate.

But tyranny actually refers to the form of government as I noted earlier.

Definition of TYRANNY (my emphasis added).

So, here’s the thing obtuse twits like JerkGoat try to ignore: Slavery wasn’t performed by the government. It was performed by individuals.

JerkGoat chooses to conflate that with his own bubble-headed daffynition. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301::rofl:
You don't think slavery, supported and protected by the American government, equates to oppressive power? That's your definition dumb dumb. If slavery isn't oppression, what the hell is? 😄

You don't think slavery, supported and protected by the American government, equates to oppressive power? That's your definition dumb dumb. If slavery isn't oppression, what the hell is? 😄
As I’ve told you many times you thicker than a brick racist retard, slavery was immoral and offensive but it’s not GOVERNMENT power that was being used.

Damn, JerkoffGoat, your level of stupid is at rock bottom and yet you manage to drill down a bit more anyway.

As I’ve told you many times you thicker than a brick racist retard, slavery was immoral and offensive but it’s not GOVERNMENT power that was being used.
I didn't ask you for your feelings you Simp. 😄 Immoral and offensive are your feeling words. Those are subjective.

The definition you posted defined tyranny as oppressive power, especially that exerted by the government. Oppression isn't a feeling its an action. It's objective. Either you're oppressed or you're not. Are you so stupid that you don't know slavery is oppression?
Damn, JerkoffGoat, your level of stupid is at rock bottom and yet you manage to drill down a bit more anyway.
I implore you to keep speaking, loudly and to all that would hear that you don't think slavery is oppressive. 😄

The definition you posted defined tyranny as oppressive power, especially that exerted by the government.

especially that exerted by the government.
Stop right there, you dipshit. It’s all you need to know. I can’t help your retardation, but I can provide you with the facts.

You’re welcome.

Stop right there, you dipshit. It’s all you need to know. I can’t help your retardation, but I can provide you with the facts.

You’re welcome.
We can stop anywhere you like. 😄 I can embarrass you on all fronts. Especially is not the same as exclusively, and also slavery was protected and enforced by the government. Slave revolts were put down by the government. Both State governments and the federal government. Your argument is stupid all around. 😄

We can stop anywhere you like.
Not at all. I enjoy exposing you. But it’s easy when you assist so willingly. :itsok:
I can embarrass you on all fronts.
False. You can’t. You never have. And you never will. You’re too bound up in your close-mindedness and racism. You couldn’t embarrass anybody at all about anything, ever. You lack the goods, dopey.
Especially is not the same as exclusively,
Not a contention I ever made or implied.
and also slavery was protected and enforced by the government.
That’s true to some extent. But those were different days. And that wouldn’t constitute the government being tyrannical. You simpleton.
Slave revolts were put down by the government.
The government would assist in some instances. That’s true, but hardly illuminating.
Both State governments and the federal government. Your argument is stupid all around.
It is your attempt at a rebuttal that is retarded all the way around. And you’re so dopey, you cannot even grasp that much. :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :rofl:

Hurry back little simpleminded racist. Spew more of your gibberish. Good fodder for laughter at your ongoing expense. 👍

Not at all. I enjoy exposing you. But it’s easy when you assist so willingly. :itsok:
What have you really exposed other than your inability to distinguish the objective from the subjective? 😄
False. You can’t. You never have. And you never will. You’re too bound up in your close-mindedness and racism. You couldn’t embarrass anybody at all about anything, ever. You lack the goods, dopey.
Says the guy who thinks slavery doesn't meet the objective definition of oppression.... 😄
Not a contention I ever made or implied.
It was certainly implied but if you want to concede individuals can be tyrants I'll accept. 😄
That’s true to some extent. But those were different days. And that wouldn’t constitute the government being tyrannical. You simpleton.
It's just plain true you Simp coward. Also I'm not debating you about what day it is
I'm debating with you on whether or not slavery is tyrannical. Whether or not slavery is tyrannical has nothing to do with the time of day or what season we're in or whether it's a leap year or not. Time is not a factor whatsoever. Slavery is tyranny at any time in any time.
The government would assist in some instances. That’s true, but hardly illuminating.
😄

It's illuminating how stupid your argument is quite nicely I think. Obviously Unkotare disagrees and would like to silently partner up with your Simp arguments and I think that's a good choice for him and you.
It is your attempt at a rebuttal that is retarded all the way around. And you’re so dopey, you cannot even grasp that much. :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :rofl:
Do you have any rational rebuttal or are emotional tantrums all you have?
Hurry back little simpleminded racist. Spew more of your gibberish. Good fodder for laughter at your ongoing expense. 👍
I'm not going anywhere. I can point and laugh at you all day.

😄

What have you really exposed other than your inability to distinguish the objective from the subjective?
Your false claim ^ is dismissed, naturally..
Says the guy who thinks slavery doesn't meet the objective definition of oppression....
That’s not what I said, you lying liar who lies. :cuckoo:
It was certainly implied but if you want to concede individuals can be tyrants I'll accept.
I don’t give a rat’s ass what you’ll accept, you simple minded racist twat. 😎
It's just plain true
False. Your river of lies still fail, you racist shitbag. What you posted is not just plain true. It is the precise opposite.
Also I'm not debating you about what day it is
:itsok: Nobody has been. Congrats!
I'm debating with you on whether or not slavery is tyrannical.
As I said from jump street, it would deed feel so to slaves. But that doesn’t really address the actual debate, you mindless racist simp drone.
Whether or not slavery is tyrannical has nothing to do with the time of day or what season we're in or whether it's a leap year or not
False. You used the present tense. So, we aren’t discussing slavery today. We are discussing past slavery which occurred in an age where lots of people didn’t recognize it as an evil.
Time is not a factor whatsoever. Slavery is tyranny at any time in any time.
False. Already refuted. Repeating yourself doesn’t convert your simp spew into anything of merit. Sucks to be you.
It's illuminating how stupid your argument is quite nicely I think.
It might be if it was stupid. But instead, it is your failed effort at making a logical argument that is “stupid.”

The last part of your post proceeds from your erroneous premise. Since you are patently unable to engage in logical discussion, there’s no point in you worrying about things you simply cannot fathom or discern.

Toddle off now, Junior. Leave these discussions to adults. Go play in traffic. .

Your false claim ^ is dismissed, naturally..

That’s not what I said, you lying liar who lies. :cuckoo:

I don’t give a rat’s ass what you’ll accept, you simple minded racist twat. 😎

False. Your river of lies still fail, you racist shitbag. What you posted is not just plain true. It is the precise opposite.

:itsok: Nobody has been. Congrats!

As I said from jump street, it would deed feel so to slaves. But that doesn’t really address the actual debate, you mindless racist simp drone.
I'm not asking you about feelings you Simp. Let's try this again. Feelings are subjective. You might like the rain, you might hate the rain, that's a matter of personal opinion. It's subjective. Whether or not it's raining is objective. It's doesn't matter how you feel about the rain, it's either raining or it's not.

How you or I or how slaves felt about being enslaved makes no difference whatsoever on whether or not slavery is tyranny, objectively speaking.
False. You used the present tense. So, we aren’t discussing slavery today. We are discussing past slavery which occurred in an age where lots of people didn’t recognize it as an evil.
I don't care if slavers recognized it as evil or not. That again would be their subjective opinions. You don't know how to use true or false correctly. Opinions don't have true or false answers.
False. Already refuted. Repeating yourself doesn’t convert your simp spew into anything of merit. Sucks to be you.
Learn what true or false measures you Dipshit. It ain't opinions..... 😄
It might be if it was stupid. But instead, it is your failed effort at making a logical argument that is “stupid.”
Logical arguments are objective ones, not subjective ones. You haven't made an objective argument yet. 😄
The last part of your post proceeds from your erroneous premise. Since you are patently unable to engage in logical discussion, there’s no point in you worrying about things you simply cannot fathom or discern.

Toddle off now, Junior. Leave these discussions to adults. Go play in traffic. .
😄

Awww. The angry replies of Simps....

I'm not asking you about feelings you Simp. Let's try this again. Feelings are subjective. You might like the rain, you might hate the rain, that's a matter of personal opinion. It's subjective. Whether or not it's raining is objective. It's doesn't matter how you feel about the rain, it's either raining or it's not.

How you or I or how slaves felt about being enslaved makes no difference whatsoever on whether or not slavery is tyranny, objectively speaking.

I don't care if slavers recognized it as evil or not. That again would be their subjective opinions. You don't know how to use true or false correctly. Opinions don't have true or false answers.

Learn what true or false measures you Dipshit. It ain't opinions..... 😄

Logical arguments are objective ones, not subjective ones. You haven't made an objective argument yet. 😄

😄

Awww. The angry replies of Simps....
Since you are the simp, you simp, I have to confess I didn’t bother reading your post. I got the gist and I have no desire to educate the functional mental equivalent of a block of cement. Yeah. You, ya simp.

If I’ve caused you pain, that’s fine. 👍

It’s your lack of comprehension that’s at issue, here — which, for you, is typical. You are the blasphemous one. And although jerkoffs such as you don’t grasp it, your daffynition of “atheist” is wrong.

I don’t know where you got your mistaken idea that I’m an atheist.

If you live in the self-delusion to believe in god then you are much more weird than I am able to imagine.

I’m not. I’ve repeatedly noted that I believe in God. I don’t believe that He believes in religion.

The balance of your usually nonsensical post is worthless since you proceed from the false premise.

Were you always this stupid or did the doctors in the delivery room mistake you for a soccer ball?

I was always this stupid. But perhaps this is so because doctors tortured me (by forcing me to meditate) 2 x 9 months when I was a child. The religion of god is by the way the trust of god in god. This trust I share because god gave me the ability to do so. Otherwise I would be dead now since long long years.

Last edited:
Since you are the simp, you simp, I have to confess I didn’t bother reading your post. I got the gist and I have no desire to educate the functional mental equivalent of a block of cement. Yeah. You, ya simp.

If I’ve caused you pain, that’s fine. 👍
😄

I always enjoy reading and then pointing and laughing at your own. It causes me no pain whatsoever for you to flail around arguing that slavery isn't tyranny. That's special. 😄

We do have a Democracy only its an INDIRECT DEMOCRACY ( we have Electors that vote for us).

But but but….”OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH!”

1. Many people believe that mantra. Bless them. Maybe they are right.

2. For many people in Sweden, however, it does not seem right. Before Sweden began accepting many refugees from another culture, Sweden was a much more peaceful society.

3. Japan, I feel, would be a less harmonious society if it allowed mass immigration. Maybe I am wrong.

4. I am not being sarcastic, but I feel that "diversity" has not been good for our cities. Of course, I may be wrong.

5. There is so much minor and major violent crime in this country that many people feel that they need pistols to protect themselves. They fear that if they allow the government to ban various kinds of more dangerous firearms, it will eventually seek to ban pistols, too.

I feel the future of this country is grim. Maybe I am wrong. I hope that I am.

🙄

Your posts make mere banality look attractive by comparison.

He obviously doesn’t read Bild newspaper.

Go to Bild.de for headlines like these:

• Islamist wants Mickey Mouse dead!
  • Farmers need official approval for suicide
  • Woman tricked into digging her own grave
(and that's just today's front-page!)

Are the Sun and Bild related? I think we should be told.

Forum List

Back