Americans Favor "Buffett Rule" by 60% to 37%

Do the math, Einstein. The greatest contributor to our current deficit was the Bush tax cut to the ones with the most disposable income.

cbpp_bush_tax_cuts_deficit_1cef5.jpg

Please don't address the damn spending......einstein. :eusa_shhh:

I did. Discretionary spending under Bush increased at a much higher rate than under Obama.

But that's fine. You seem to be too much of a coward to accept that funding a tax cut for those with the most discretionary income, and funding it with borrowing, is a good idea.

Uh hum............

The middle class received the biggest cut. Fact!! Spending as increased after the cuts.

ITs THE SPENDING STUPID!!!

I did. Discretionary spending under Bush increased at a much higher rate than under Obama.

But that's fine. You seem to be too much of a coward to accept that funding a tax cut for those with the most discretionary income, and funding it with borrowing, is a good idea.

Uh hum............

The middle class received the biggest cut. Fact!! Spending as increased after the cuts.

Indeed...

Wonkbook: On taxes, George W. Bush has won

"I wish they weren’t called the Bush tax cuts," the 43rd president said in remarks on Tuesday. "If they were called some other body's tax cuts, they're probably less likely to be raised."

Perhaps. But George W. Bush is selling himself short here. Most of his tax cuts are, at this point, an almost foregone conclusion. No one is talking about taking the 10% bracket and raising it back to 15%. No one is talking about raising the 25% bracket back to 28%, or the 28% bracket back to 31%, or the 33% bracket back to 36%. And not only do both parties support the expanded child tax credit, but Democrats have expanded it further. The bulk of the Bush tax cuts are now a bipartisan affair.

To put it differently, Democrats have, for the most part, admitted that Bush was right, and the Clinton-era tax rates were too high on most Americans. For all that Democrats talk about returning to the Clinton-era tax rates, they only ever mean for the top two percent of taxpayers -- the folks who are now in the 35% bracket, but whom they would like to see in a 39.6% bracket.

The reality is that, on tax policy, Democrats are now closer to Bush than to Clinton. But neither side much likes to admit that. For Democrats, it means confessing to how far right they've moved on taxes. And for Republicans, it means admitting how far right Democrats have moved on taxes.

Sure. Is it fair to cut the maximum tax rate on those with the most disposable income, and finance that cut with debt?

So middle class workers don't work hard? Some have been reduced to working two part time jobs, and work their ass off. I don't know why you want to piss on them?

How, pray tell am I "pissing on middle class workers" when I point out that our Federal Government is a bloated, inefficient entity that needs to be downsized drastically? How am I pissing on anyone when I point out that pouring more water into the proverbial "leaky bucket" isn't going to EVER fill that bucket up? You know who's really pissing on the middle class worker? Any one who tries to tell them that increasing taxes can fix our problems with out of control spending...and that we can get our deficit under control by taking the rich's money and not touching their's...that's who! If you're in the middle class and you BUY that song and dance than you'll have nobody to blame but yourself when your taxes are increased to pay for things like ObamaCare.

The base bullshit in your argument is that it's OK to cut the income tax rate on those with most disposable income, and justify it because you want to see us fight against government bloat. Clinton/Gore had made some significant inroads in reducing government inefficiency. I doubt that you applauded their efforts or results.

If you want to see some inefficiency, look at NCLB or Medicare Part B. I'd also suggest that you look at that "bloat" under Bush. I have no problem with trying to make our government more efficient. I think it's stone stupid to try to achieve that by cutting the top personal income rate on the rich, to the point where they pay lower rates than those with less disposable income.

And yes, it's more fair to ask those with the greatest disposable income to pay a higher rate of tax, than those with less disposable income. Middle class worker, and low income workers work hard for their money as well. Why do you think it's fair to make them pay at a higher rate?

What I think would be "fair" is to have EVERYONE pay income tax no matter what their income. Everyone works hard for their money, Dick...why is it that some pay no income tax at all while others pay a large percentage of what they make in income tax?

You still won't address the real problem that we have in this country and it isn't tax rates. We have government that is wasting money like never before in the history of the world...literally gushing cash on a daily basis...but instead of fixing that, you want to increase the amount of cash that government has to spend. You want to talk about "base bullshit"? The base bullshit of your argument is that if we took ALL of the rich's income it still wouldn't pay for what we're spending. Duh?

Uh hum............

Your lie by omission shows what a piece of trash you are, with your attempt to deceive. The highest percent tax cut, under Bush, went to the top 1% of taxpayers, on their disposable income.

Now I understand you and your nihilist ilk want our Great Nation to go back on their word, regarding non discretionary funds. You know, like the surplus American citizens have been paying to make sure Social Security an Medicare were funded for the boomer's retirement. I'll do all in my power to make sure your lies are exposed.

How, pray tell am I "pissing on middle class workers" when I point out that our Federal Government is a bloated, inefficient entity that needs to be downsized drastically? How am I pissing on anyone when I point out that pouring more water into the proverbial "leaky bucket" isn't going to EVER fill that bucket up? You know who's really pissing on the middle class worker? Any one who tries to tell them that increasing taxes can fix our problems with out of control spending...and that we can get our deficit under control by taking the rich's money and not touching their's...that's who! If you're in the middle class and you BUY that song and dance than you'll have nobody to blame but yourself when your taxes are increased to pay for things like ObamaCare.

The base bullshit in your argument is that it's OK to cut the income tax rate on those with most disposable income, and justify it because you want to see us fight against government bloat. Clinton/Gore had made some significant inroads in reducing government inefficiency. I doubt that you applauded their efforts or results.

If you want to see some inefficiency, look at NCLB or Medicare Part B. I'd also suggest that you look at that "bloat" under Bush. I have no problem with trying to make our government more efficient. I think it's stone stupid to try to achieve that by cutting the top personal income rate on the rich, to the point where they pay lower rates than those with less disposable income.

And yes, it's more fair to ask those with the greatest disposable income to pay a higher rate of tax, than those with less disposable income. Middle class worker, and low income workers work hard for their money as well. Why do you think it's fair to make them pay at a higher rate?

What I think would be "fair" is to have EVERYONE pay income tax no matter what their income. Everyone works hard for their money, Dick...why is it that some pay no income tax at all while others pay a large percentage of what they make in income tax?

You still won't address the real problem that we have in this country and it isn't tax rates. We have government that is wasting money like never before in the history of the world...literally gushing cash on a daily basis...but instead of fixing that, you want to increase the amount of cash that government has to spend. You want to talk about "base bullshit"? The base bullshit of your argument is that if we took ALL of the rich's income it still wouldn't pay for what we're spending. Duh?

So you want people who are living month to month at the same rate as those who were most blessed, and learned how to leverage our Republic. That's a very simple minded perspective.

According to a new Gallup poll released Friday, a majority of Americans support the proposed Buffett Rule, which would require individuals earning $1 million or more per year to pay at least 30 percent of their income in taxes.

Six in 10 Americans favor Congress' passing the so-called "Buffett Rule," which would mandate a minimum 30% tax rate for Americans with a household income of $1 million or more per year. Majorities of both Democrats and independents favor the policy, while a majority of Republicans oppose it.

Americans Favor

Here's another area where the GOP is out of touch with the average American.

90% of individuals are uninformed sheep..

In what universe can one democratically break the Bill of Rights??

Stealing is stealing - no matter which way you do it..

Not to mention government stealing which goes into the Fifth Amendment..

Who the fuck do these tyrannical motherfuckers think they are??

According to a new Gallup poll released Friday, a majority of Americans support the proposed Buffett Rule, which would require individuals earning $1 million or more per year to pay at least 30 percent of their income in taxes.

Six in 10 Americans favor Congress' passing the so-called "Buffett Rule," which would mandate a minimum 30% tax rate for Americans with a household income of $1 million or more per year. Majorities of both Democrats and independents favor the policy, while a majority of Republicans oppose it.

Americans Favor

The Republican Party represents the extraction companies and the super rich.

That's it.

Need to retitle this poll:

"60% of Americans don't understand hurting the rich hurts them"

Or...

"60% of Americans think they're getting money from the Buffet Rule"

Or...

" 60% of those surveyed don't know the Buffet Rule covers less than 1% of the federal spending deficit."

Any would be accurate.

Americans Favor

Was Washington a tyrannical motherfucker, when he used his small standing army to collect taxes from bootleggers? I guess it seems like tyranny to those freeloaders who want to use public roads, safety, schools, military, etc. to call it that. It's a good thing that those who think that 90% of Americans are sheep, since those that view fringe beliefs are in fact fringe sheep.

The government (and porogressives in general) might as well advocate armed robbery...

Those bitch motherfukers may as well prosecute thieves on the basis of their financial position - not for their crimes..

You heard it - progressives have endorsed theft... Hell they have done that since before OWS..

Uh hum............

Your lie by omission shows what a piece of trash you are, with your attempt to deceive. The highest percent tax cut, under Bush, went to the top 1% of taxpayers, on their disposable income.

Now I understand you and your nihilist ilk want our Great Nation to go back on their word, regarding non discretionary funds. You know, like the surplus American citizens have been paying to make sure Social Security an Medicare were funded for the boomer's retirement. I'll do all in my power to make sure your lies are exposed.

YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!!

The largest dollar amount went where? It is you trying to play games. The wealth envy card is easily recognizable. The middle class even got the largest cut percentage.

The government (and porogressives in general) might as well advocate armed robbery...

Those bitch motherfukers may as well prosecute thieves on the basis of their financial position - not for their crimes..

You heard it - progressives have endorsed theft... Hell they have done that since before OWS..

So you're a freeloader. Collecting taxes, owed by law ought not be capricious, but should be the responsibility to all that love our Country.

Uh hum............

YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!!

The largest dollar amount went where? It is you trying to play games. The wealth envy card is easily recognizable. The middle class even got the largest cut percentage.

What part of "percentage of disposable income" goes over your tiny head?

Now if you want to include public water and sewer, public roads, public education, public safety is leveraged by those who pay a lower tax rate, we can talk.

Last edited:
Americans Favor

Was Washington a tyrannical motherfucker, when he used his small standing army to collect taxes from bootleggers? I guess it seems like tyranny to those freeloaders who want to use public roads, safety, schools, military, etc. to call it that. It's a good thing that those who think that 90% of Americans are sheep, since those that view fringe beliefs are in fact fringe sheep.

Those taxes were VOLUNTARY.....

Those taxes helped us beat the British and establish a NEW LAND SECULAR FROM GOVERNMENT...

These days we're only at war with one another while our government profits..

Forum List

Back