Americans don't trust social media, Federal Government to protect personal information

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2017-1-27_10-50-18.png

Is cyber space safe?

That was the question on everyone’s minds heading into 2017 amid concerns about personal data and how well it’s protected. In last year’s election alone, Russia’s alleged hacking efforts, as well as the security of email servers, became hot-button topics. Internet titan Yahoo’s users also experienced significant data breaches, and various hacks of celebrities’ phones exposed their personal photos.

Americans Don’t Trust Social Media, Federal Government To Protect Personal Information

It's nothing but a tracking system and to place photos of yourself, your kid is beyond foolish but some still do it anyway. Photos can tell where you are located but hey for those who like to think they have nothing to hide more power to you lmao.

You don't have to forcefully shackle folk who will shackle themselves for you. If you can control/manage their perceptual reality they will obey willingly.

View attachment 108986

Is cyber space safe?

That was the question on everyone’s minds heading into 2017 amid concerns about personal data and how well it’s protected. In last year’s election alone, Russia’s alleged hacking efforts, as well as the security of email servers, became hot-button topics. Internet titan Yahoo’s users also experienced significant data breaches, and various hacks of celebrities’ phones exposed their personal photos.

Americans Don’t Trust Social Media, Federal Government To Protect Personal Information

It's nothing but a tracking system and to place photos of yourself, your kid is beyond foolish but some still do it anyway. Photos can tell where you are located but hey for those who like to think they have nothing to hide more power to you lmao.
I don't see this as "news worthy". I mean, really? Who actually thinks their social media posts are secure? The reason most people post is to "brag", why else would you want everyone to know where you are, what you did, what you ate, and who you were with?

• Banned
View attachment 108986

Is cyber space safe?

I don't see this as "news worthy". I mean, really? Who actually thinks their social media posts are secure? The reason most people post is to "brag", why else would you want everyone to know where you are, what you did, what you ate, and who you were with?

You'd be amazed at the people who don't know or don't believe it.

View attachment 108986

Is cyber space safe?

You'd be amazed at the people who don't know or don't believe it.
I doubt it. There are quite a number of people who have not given it much thought, and therefore just believe what they are told. When you actually ask these people what they think, and challenge them to actually THINK, you would be surprised at how many will come to the same conclusion, on their own. But, there enlies one of the biggest problems (Progressives' "victories"), far too many people do not think for themselves, and when they do, they don't look at the full extent of the issue/topic. In the case of "social media", they see that so-and-so puts into their privacy policy that they do not sell your info. What they don't think about is that all of your "friends" can see info you post, and (in order to have a bigger "following" than their buddies, they "freind" everyone who is a "friend of a friend". See how this can quickly get out of control and allow the local burglar to not only know when you go to Jamaica for a week, they also know the layout of your home, security measures you've taken, can inventory what they want to take, and where it is. All because you are a "friend of a friend of a friend" and want more "followers" than your buddies. And that's how simple it is for someone who has taken the time to make their posts only visible to "friends". If one does not do that, alI one needs is a name (even at random), and they can see everything they need to break-in, steal your stuff, and if they are ambitious, they know where you keep your bills, so they take what they need to steal your identity. All while you are tweeting and sending pictures of your wonderful Jamaican vacation!

Fools!!!!
This is why I do not have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media accounts. They allow for inherently bad security, and poor decision making.

Forum List

Back