Americans blame Republicans for the economy

This thread is rather telling, conservatives like to think of themselves as the common woman but most of the posts from the cons condemn the common woman for not wearing the same blinders as they do. Too funny.

More stats below, and while they were not done yesterday, they are indicative of who cares about Americans.

Pew Research Center: Election-Year Economic Ratings Lowest Since '92

Cause of meltdown for those interested in a bit of honest reporting.

The End of Wall Street's Boom - National Business News - Portfolio.com
How We Were Ruined & What We Can Do - The New York Review of Books

Americans should blame the GOP for this economy. This crap started back in the late '90's with NAFTA, we have lost real local currency circulation, just as predicted, and the GOP should step up and own it, but they never will because they are pussies. We are all arguing over whether this is the fault of Bush or Obama, when the real issue is what the hell did Clinton do to us, and how did the GOP Congress get him to go along with it?

Americans should blame the GOP for this economy. This crap started back in the late '90's with NAFTA, we have lost real local currency circulation, just as predicted, and the GOP should step up and own it, but they never will because they are pussies. We are all arguing over whether this is the fault of Bush or Obama, when the real issue is what the hell did Clinton do to us, and how did the GOP Congress get him to go along with it?

Don't forget the bankers. I just posted a link on another thread. G-20 protesters smash bank windows - Europe- msnbc.com

If you click on it, you'll read that protesters in England are protesting the bankers who caused this global financial mess.

So everyone in the world except for Republicans understand who caused this mess.

And to think the GOP tried to pass the blame off to poor people. Are they shameless or what?

Don't forget the bankers. I just posted a link on another thread. G-20 protesters smash bank windows - Europe- msnbc.com

If you click on it, you'll read that protesters in England are protesting the bankers who caused this global financial mess.

So everyone in the world except for Republicans understand who caused this mess.

And to think the GOP tried to pass the blame off to poor people. Are they shameless or what?

They're shameless and clueless and despicable.

They're shameless and clueless and despicable.

The protesters? Well, I can't disagree with you. After all, they are English

Right. And Obama has given and/or promised trillions to the exact same people who caused the problem. You bash Bush for doing this then turn around and praise Obama for doing the same thing. Who's the monkey?

Who is getting the bank bailout money - CNNMoney.com

Right. And Obama has given and/or promised trillions to the exact same people who caused the problem. You bash Bush for doing this then turn around and praise Obama for doing the same thing. Who's the monkey?

ZoomBoing, wrong damn answer. What Obama has promised hasn't hit the streets yet. We are dealing with what was done 10 years ago. The GOP did it. That is all.

Us Democrats are more than willing to call out our leaders if we think they are catering to special interest more than us.

But you guys only seem to want to admit corruption when you see Democrats doing the very things Republicans do on a day to day basis.

So lets get this straight. You do understand/comprehend that these bankers are the source of the problem? Great!

If you are finally willing to put politics aside, together we can take back our country.

Now I won't apologize for calling the GOP out on this issue because they have been up front about their affection for the bankers that literally own/control/run this country. The GOP even went as far as deregulating their industries and let the prisoners run the assilum for the last 8 years.

Now that the bankers have gone too far, at least I am grateful that you are finally admitting that it is them who trashed our economy. Not Democrats, not Freddy Mack, Not fanny, not Jimmy Carter, not Clinton. It was Corporations that did it and it was on the GOP's watch. In fact, the GOP helped them rape the system by passing bad laws and policies.

And I'll admit Bill Clinton probably signed a bunch of GOP/Newt Gingrich bills that makes him an accomplice. Does that excuse the GOP? Just because some Democrats signed on t the Iraq war, does that make them equally responsible? Really? Just as responsible as the party that lied us in and planned the entire thing? I don't think so.

But I will agree that Clinton sold out. And if the bankers win, Obama will be forced to sell out too. Right now he still works for us. You can tell he hasn't given up trying yet because, for example, he is still trying to push for healthcare reform.

If he sold out, he wouldn't even try to solve Healthcare. The Healthcare lobbyists would have already paid him off and he'd be onto another issue.

ZoomBoing, wrong damn answer. What Obama has promised hasn't hit the streets yet. We are dealing with what was done 10 years ago. The GOP did it. That is all.

It doesn't seem like facts matter to Republicans. Look at the 2000 election. No question the GOP stole the Florida and Ohio election, yet they have the audacity to argue it wasn't their fault.

Or how they have the nerve to put blame for Iraq on the Dems.

So then I guess the Dems should get credit for winning the Cold War then? Excellent!

Anyways, I want to give the GOP credit for the size of their balls. How they could possibly complain about Clinton during the 90's and then defend Bush and the GOP from 2000-2006, is way fucking beyond me dude.

That means they can argue anything. Shit taste good. Tigers are nice. Lava is cold.

I honestly believe they could argue these things.

Ok, back to the bankers. Yes, Obama is forced to give in to the bankers demands. This is true. But I don't believe Bush was FORCED to do anything. I think this bank robbery was by design. And I think Obama knows it too. But there is nothing that he can do about it in one day. And because the American people are stupid, he has to be very careful how hard he pushes the bankers.

But that doesn't make the Dems equally as corrupt as the GOP. The GOP took pride in the fact that their base is the top 1%. They are not apologetic for catering to these rich bankers. Remember, they sold us on Trickle Down Economics.

So as far as the GOP are concerned, the more money we give the rich bankers, the better off we will be.

But now they will cry when Obama does was Bush has forced him to do.

PS. Think of Obama as taking over for Bush half way down a slide. You don't just jump off and start over again. You have to finish the ride Bush put you on first, and then decide where to go from there. Obama is still riding the slide that Bush put him on.

:lol:

and obama said if we didn't get the bill passed in days our economy would tank....looool

obama lied our wallets died

10 years ago clinton was president.....5 years ago the economy was fine....3 years ago the dems took control of congress ....2 years ago they economy started to tank .....1 year ago it tanked.......yep the gop tricked the dems into tanking the economy.....

Last edited:

and obama said if we didn't get the bill passed in days our economy would tank....looool

Do you not realize yet that Wallstreet is holding the US hostage? Either pay up or else they will tank the economy.

Do you believe Wallstreet and the Federal Reserve? Yes or NO. Are you suggesting the bankers lied and they simply robbed the US of $750 billion dollars?

I'm a flaming liberal and I have been saying it is the banker robber baron's who have ruined this country. It sounds to me that you are agreeing with me.

Kramer already admitted to John Stewart that the Wallstreet bankers/ceo's lied to him.

And don't for a second pretend the GOP would be better about this than the Dems, because it isn't even a secret that the GOP is the party for rich bankers.

I blame the Neocons in the Republican Party for allowing leftist liberals to take control of Congress in 2007 and the Presidency in 2009. The Republican Party is our first line of defense against Liberalism and they blew it for all of us.

Us Democrats are more than willing to call out our leaders if we think they are catering to special interest more than us.

But you guys only seem to want to admit corruption when you see Democrats doing the very things Republicans do on a day to day basis.

So lets get this straight. You do understand/comprehend that these bankers are the source of the problem? Great!

If you are finally willing to put politics aside, together we can take back our country.

Now I won't apologize for calling the GOP out on this issue because they have been up front about their affection for the bankers that literally own/control/run this country. The GOP even went as far as deregulating their industries and let the prisoners run the assilum for the last 8 years.

Now that the bankers have gone too far, at least I am grateful that you are finally admitting that it is them who trashed our economy. Not Democrats, not Freddy Mack, Not fanny, not Jimmy Carter, not Clinton. It was Corporations that did it and it was on the GOP's watch. In fact, the GOP helped them rape the system by passing bad laws and policies.

And I'll admit Bill Clinton probably signed a bunch of GOP/Newt Gingrich bills that makes him an accomplice. Does that excuse the GOP? Just because some Democrats signed on t the Iraq war, does that make them equally responsible? Really? Just as responsible as the party that lied us in and planned the entire thing? I don't think so.

But I will agree that Clinton sold out. And if the bankers win, Obama will be forced to sell out too. Right now he still works for us. You can tell he hasn't given up trying yet because, for example, he is still trying to push for healthcare reform.

If he sold out, he wouldn't even try to solve Healthcare. The Healthcare lobbyists would have already paid him off and he'd be onto another issue.

How can he be working for us when the bankers are running the show? If he's working for us, why did he just give the banks trillions?

Do you not realize yet that Wallstreet is holding the US hostage? Either pay up or else they will tank the economy.

Do you believe Wallstreet and the Federal Reserve? Yes or NO. Are you suggesting the bankers lied and they simply robbed the US of $750 billion dollars?

I'm a flaming liberal and I have been saying it is the banker robber baron's who have ruined this country. It sounds to me that you are agreeing with me.

Kramer already admitted to John Stewart that the Wallstreet bankers/ceo's lied to him.

And don't for a second pretend the GOP would be better about this than the Dems, because it isn't even a secret that the GOP is the party for rich bankers.

do you not realize that as far as i can tell not one single "republican" on this site thought one single penny should be given to the bankers or the auto industry......not when the dem congress pressed bush to do it and not when the dem congress pressed obama to do it.....

So Obama gave in to their demands and forked over trillions to them.

Forum List

Back