Americans attacked Japanese before Pearl Harbor

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
Then, on July 7, 1937, the Sino-Japanese War began in earnest . . . Shortly after the official outbreak of hostilities, press reports in China heralded the arrival of more than 100 hotshot American pilots and creation of the 14th Volunteer Bombardment Squadron . . .

The combat history of the 14th is described only in pilot diaries. One surviving account records that the 14th was in heavy action during the winter of 1938. On Feb. 27, 1938, Vultee and Northrop bombers attacked Japanese troops and convoys in the vicinity of Loyang on the Yellow River. After bomb release, the formation's gunners administered a heavy strafing to troop concentrations near boats drawn up on the shore, apparently in preparation for a river crossing.

Source: http://www.airforcemag.com/MagazineArchive/Pages/1999/June 1999/0699before.aspx

Apparently, Americas were conducting “sneak attacks” on the Japanese long before the Japanese launched their sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. American pilots in American-made planes, likely with tacit approval of the U.S. government. So much for “neutrality.”

Then, on July 7, 1937, the Sino-Japanese War began in earnest . . . Shortly after the official outbreak of hostilities, press reports in China heralded the arrival of more than 100 hotshot American pilots and creation of the 14th Volunteer Bombardment Squadron . . .

The combat history of the 14th is described only in pilot diaries. One surviving account records that the 14th was in heavy action during the winter of 1938. On Feb. 27, 1938, Vultee and Northrop bombers attacked Japanese troops and convoys in the vicinity of Loyang on the Yellow River. After bomb release, the formation's gunners administered a heavy strafing to troop concentrations near boats drawn up on the shore, apparently in preparation for a river crossing.

Source: http://www.airforcemag.com/MagazineArchive/Pages/1999/June 1999/0699before.aspx

Apparently, Americas were conducting “sneak attacks” on the Japanese long before the Japanese launched their sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. American pilots in American-made planes, likely with tacit approval of the U.S. government. So much for “neutrality.”
Soooooo, given your definition the US government is responsible war deaths during the Russian Civil War and the Spanish Civil War where private US citizens went over on their own accord to fight........ Got it....... :rofl:

Good. We should have done more.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-rape-of-nanking
December 13

To break the spirit of Chinese resistance, Japanese General Matsui Iwane ordered that the city of Nanking be destroyed. Much of the city was burned, and Japanese troops launched a campaign of atrocities against civilians. In what became known as the “Rape of Nanking,” the Japanese butchered an estimated 150,000 male “war prisoners,” massacred an additional 50,000 male civilians, and raped at least 20,000 women and girls of all ages, many of whom were mutilated or killed in the process.

Tsarist Russia attacked Imperial Japan in 1909 and the Russian Fleet was defeated by a holy wind. The USA never attacked Russia. Kublai Khan attacked Japan and his fleet was destroyed by a holy wind, connect the dots.

Last edited:

Soooooo, given your definition the US government is responsible war deaths during the Russian Civil War and the Spanish Civil War where private US citizens went over on their own accord to fight........ Got it....... :rofl:

Wilson did have soldiers in Russia as late as 1920 though.

The OP does say that "Americans" did this or that, not "the US government", even refers to "likely with tacit approval of the U.S. government", which opens up a YUGE bag of shit.

The OP does say that "Americans" did this or that, not "the US government", even refers to "likely with tacit approval of the U.S. government", which opens up a YUGE bag of shit.
I know what he said but there's still a wide gulf between official and tacit in international politics. I also know there were US troops in Russian during the Russian Revolution but I wasn't referring to them or I would have mentioned them in context......... The context here obviously referred to private citizens. There's also the burden of proof with the word "likely"..........
Given the context the OP's argument is based on a fallacy.

I know what he said but there's still a wide gulf between official and tacit in international politics. I also know there were US troops in Russian during the Russian Revolution but I wasn't referring to them or I would have mentioned them in context......... The context here obviously referred to private citizens. There's also the burden of proof with the word "likely"..........

I don't see a difference between official and tacit. The government we take down IS taken down whether it's official in Baghdad or unofficial in Tehran. It's just a question of whether the gummint admits it or not, and that in turn is a question of whether it thinks it would have public support or not.

I don't see a difference between official and tacit. The government we take down IS taken down whether it's official in Baghdad or unofficial in Tehran. It's just a question of whether the gummint admits it or not, and that in turn is a question of whether it thinks it would have public support or not.

The AVG fought for the legitimate government of China in a defensive mode against attacks by the Japanese invaders. NO AVG pilots overflew Japanese territory, save for that which the Japanese had taken from others.

Typical for a pseudo intellectual, you either are completely ignorant of the factual history, or choose to be a moron.

Still the OP's argument is basically that our government most likely sanctioned civilians to go fight for foreign powers....... No proof and it's still a logical fallacy.

Still the OP's argument is basically that our government most likely sanctioned civilians to go fight for foreign powers....... No proof and it's still a logical fallacy.

Proof FDR knew the storm was brewing.....

~S~

Proof FDR knew the storm was brewing.....

~S~
Just about everyone in positions of power in the US and around the globe knew the storm was brewing..... Duh.......

It's what actions they took & why prior that turns a Duh into a Doh Ringel....

Homer_Doh.jpg

~S~

History indicates that American volunteer groups defended China from Japanese aggression. Does that translate to attacking Japan?

I didn't say they attacked Japan; I said they attacked the Japanese. Did you bother to read the thread title?
Token American flyboys volunteer to defend China from Japanese aggression. How does that translate to the Pearl Harbor attack?

Forum List

Back