American Taliban Asks Bush for Leniency

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
American Taliban' Seeks Commuted Sentence

By DAVID KRAVETS, Associated Press Writer

SAN FRANCISCO - John Walker Lindh asked President Bush (news - web sites) on Tuesday to commute his 20-year prison sentence for aiding the Taliban.

His lawyer, James Brosnahan, said Lindh was a young man in the wrong place at the wrong time. He said that Lindh was fighting alongside the Taliban in a civil war against the Northern Alliance, that he is not a terrorist and that he never fought against U.S. troops.

Brosnahan said the sentence should be reduced because Yaser Esam Hamdi, another American citizen captured in Afghanistan (news - web sites) on suspicion of aiding the Taliban, is being released after being held for three years as an enemy combatant.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=533&e=3&u=/ap/20040928/ap_on_re_us/american_taliban

-----------------------
If they want to revoke his citizenship and ship him back to Afghanistan, that would suit me just fine! Spolied rich kid... :mad:

I'm So sorry, but in my eyes we need to let God judge him, but lets deliver him to God, quickly.

Seems to me that there is one big difference between Johnny Walker and Yaser Esam. One was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. Oh yeah, one of them pleaded guilty to supporting the taliban (wiht his lawyers standing right there with him). 20 years in jail sounds a little light for treason, but we live in more enlightened times these days.

Forum List

Back