American patriotism

I would say the pledge of allegiance and God bless America with joy I would be a patriot but if I have feeling I'm not embraced as American and it is a tool of white supremacy or nativism I would hesitate and feel uncomfortable for example during a football high school game fans chanted USA USA at hispanic students aren't American hispanics also American?
Reinterpreting words, symbols and phrases have become the new normal and part of American political culture. An American citizen who served in the military, even in a combat zone during hostilities may be judged by some as unpatriotic because of their political views on a political topic. So, a person who enlisted and volunteered for dangerous duty during the Vietnam War or Iraq/Afghanistan after 9/11may be called unpatriotic because, they, for example, support athletes who kneel during the National Anthem. Also, an example, anyone who may disagree with or criticize Donald Trump may be deemed unpatriotic.

Patriotism has become a subjective word with a subjective interpretation. Politicizing the word has made it somewhat meaningless and irrelevant.
------------------------------ some third worlders VOLUNTEER for USA Miltary as a way to get benefits , get paid , gain schooling , gain citizenship Camp . They ain't any big deal as being Paid to fight is MERCENARY work and mercenaries will kill or fight anyone for money and favors from the 'king' , 'queen; or Government Camp .

I would say the pledge of allegiance and God bless America with joy I would be a patriot but if I have feeling I'm not embraced as American and it is a tool of white supremacy or nativism I would hesitate and feel uncomfortable for example during a football high school game fans chanted USA USA at hispanic students aren't American hispanics also American?
Stop waving the Mexican flag all the time.

The Mexican Flag is a national symbol. It indicates one's loyalty to another nation.

It would be like me waiving the German Flag at a U.S. v. Germany soccer game, and demanding that you respect me as an American.

The OP was talking about a high school football game. Not an international US / German soccer match, dumb ass.
-------------------------------- high school Mexicans in the USA having views that they are Mexican first is worse but cool with me as it is a public issue and makes it into the media . All these little Mexicans in USA Schools all probably have 'dual citizenship; which makes thing even worse for the USA and America Bulldog .

Quit whining. If you don't like America being the melting pot it has always been, then you are free to pack your shit and go.
Does not melting pot indicate they assimilate? Fly American flags? Speak English? And you are right about leaving this country if he does not like it here.

We have never been, and will never be all the same. Diversity is really a strength. The raising of that Mexican flag isn't an attack on America. It's an attack on the racist Trumpian tactics. Support for Trump's crap and love of our country aren't the same thing.

Stop waving the Mexican flag all the time.

The Mexican Flag is a national symbol. It indicates one's loyalty to another nation.

It would be like me waiving the German Flag at a U.S. v. Germany soccer game, and demanding that you respect me as an American.

The OP was talking about a high school football game. Not an international US / German soccer match, dumb ass.
-------------------------------- high school Mexicans in the USA having views that they are Mexican first is worse but cool with me as it is a public issue and makes it into the media . All these little Mexicans in USA Schools all probably have 'dual citizenship; which makes thing even worse for the USA and America Bulldog .

Quit whining. If you don't like America being the melting pot it has always been, then you are free to pack your shit and go.
Does not melting pot indicate they assimilate? Fly American flags? Speak English? And you are right about leaving this country if he does not like it here.

We have never been, and will never be all the same. Diversity is really a strength. The raising of that Mexican flag isn't an attack on America. It's an attack on the racist Trumpian tactics. Support for Trump's crap and love of our country aren't the same thing.
--------------------------------- whatever the Raising of the 'mexican' flag on USA Soil . I don't care what it is , I just want other Americans to see it Bulldog .

--------------------------------- whatever the Raising of the 'mexican' flag on USA Soil . I don't care what it is , I just want other Americans to see it Bulldog .

Of course you do, because you want to portray it as anti American. It truly was not.

just so American see the raising of the 'mex' flag on USA Soil everything is cool BullDog .

As long as you support America and you're not a flaming leftist I'd welcome you to the USA.
As far as mexicans go? If they come here with the intention of becoming Americans and they do it legally we Conservatives have no problem with accepting them.

Of course you do, because you want to portray it as anti American. It truly was not.
I am an American and I don't like any other flag Mexican or whatever going up. Bad, bad, action.It offended me and gave Trump ammunition-is that what you want?

As long as you support America and you're not a flaming leftist I'd welcome you to the USA.
As far as mexicans go? If they come here with the intention of becoming Americans and they do it legally we Conservatives have no problem with accepting them.
--------------------------------------------- as if you or I can can ever know who is a good imported third worlder to be let into the USAand who isn't a NASTY third worlder 'HWEGo' .

Last edited:
STOP all immigration or you'll lose everything America and in fact are losing everything American as we / I type . Only a matter of time and demographics / diversity 'HWEgo' .

--------------------------------------------- as if you or I can can ever know who is a good imported third worlder to be let into the USAand who isn't a NASTY third worlder 'HWEGo' .

Which of course is why vetting is so important.

----------------- VETTING is simply foolishness in my opinion 'HWEGo' .

Why do you believe that the patriotic attendance were chanting USA at the hispanics? If patriots were chanting USA at me, I would join in!

Why do you believe that the patriotic attendance were chanting USA at the hispanics? If patriots were chanting USA at me, I would join in!
------------------------ its a shame that the USA has become like it is with importation of diversity and different races and ethnicities . When I went to SCHOOL in the 50s up to when I graduated we in School and on the streets and in neighborhoods were all Americans .

Races don’t mix well .. go back home

----------------- VETTING is simply foolishness in my opinion 'HWEGo' .

I'm gonna have to say thats crazy.....

I am an American and I don't like any other flag Mexican or whatever going up. Bad, bad, action.It offended me and gave Trump ammunition-is that what you want?

If you are offended, then you will probably live through it. Trump doesn't need ammunition. He makes up his own, and he always has the vast log of crazy right wing conspiracies to fall back on in a pinch. He was calling people communists and telling them to go back to their own country even though they were born here. Like I said, the fool makes up his own ammunition.

If you are offended, then you will probably live through it. Trump doesn't need ammunition. He makes up his own, and he always has the vast log of crazy right wing conspiracies to fall back on in a pinch. He was calling people communists and telling them to go back to their own country even though they were born here. Like I said, the fool makes up his own ammunition.
Omar was NOT born here and sure acts like a foreign agent. I will live thru offense but not forgive it.

cool . Though . its USA government that provides the VETTERS and after 40 - or more years of an illegal alien invasion of the USA i don't trust the 'reagans and bush types and their Vetters ' and simliar amnesty teams and VETTERS to do much of anything good for 'me', my kids , other American kids or the USA . Yep . Vetters and USA Government have caused the problem with importing third world nonWestern imports like 'ilham omar' 'HWEgo' .

Omar was NOT born here and sure acts like a foreign agent. I will live thru offense but not forgive it.

I'm not sure anybody cares. I know I don't.

Forum List

Back