American patriotism

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
I would say the pledge of allegiance and God bless America with joy I would be a patriot but if I have feeling I'm not embraced as American and it is a tool of white supremacy or nativism I would hesitate and feel uncomfortable for example during a football high school game fans chanted USA USA at hispanic students aren't American hispanics also American?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It depends. Some Hispanics embrace the USA as their new home, others do not, and are more aligned with their native country and have disdain for the American flag, other American symbols, and culture. You can not paint a broad brush.

The popular Democrat/Media narrative is to call anyone that is Patriotic a "White Nationalist" which they've made a racist epithet. According to them you are not supposed to respect, and admire your country, nor your fellow citizens. It is more Democrat divisiveness.

Last edited:
It depends. Some Hispanics embrace the USA as their new home, others do not, and are more aligned with their native country and have disdain for the American flag, other American symbols, and culture. You can not paint a broad brush.

The popular Democrat/Media narrative is to call anyone that is Patriotic a "White Nationalist" which they've made a racist epithet. According to them you are not supposed to respect, and admire your country, nor your fellow citizens. It is more Democrat divisiveness.

The right thinks that being right wing and being patriotic are the same thing. Of course, they are wrong.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday

I would say the pledge of allegiance and God bless America with joy I would be a patriot but if I have feeling I'm not embraced as American and it is a tool of white supremacy or nativism I would hesitate and feel uncomfortable for example during a football high school game fans chanted USA USA at hispanic students aren't American hispanics also American?
So this hispanic students sided with the other team? And where should the USA fans shout to? The sky?

The right thinks that being right wing and being patriotic are the same thing. Of course, they are wrong.
That holds true everywhere. Right wing patriotism seems to always involve hatred of others. A sense of superiority is generally part of it as well.

Stop waving the Mexican flag all the time.

The Mexican Flag is a national symbol. It indicates one's loyalty to another nation.

It would be like me waiving the German Flag at a U.S. v. Germany soccer game, and demanding that you respect me as an American.

The Mexican Flag is a national symbol. It indicates one's loyalty to another nation.

It would be like me waiving the German Flag at a U.S. v. Germany soccer game, and demanding that you respect me as an American.

The OP was talking about a high school football game. Not an international US / German soccer match, dumb ass.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

dont you know the borders don't exist crowd are the true american patriots comrades :20:

Here's why they have done that:

Do July 4th festivities make you Republican?

"According to the report, published by Harvard University, July 4th-themed festivities (defined by the study as fireworks, parades, political speeches, and barbecues) not only energize primarily Republicans, but also turn children into Republicans and increase GOP voter turnout."

:laughing0301:

Damn. That makes me want to stop doing July 4th Celebrations. Fuck the GOP.

You don't have to do anything to do anything to be patriotic except pay your taxes. However, it is not OK to remove the flag on American soil if someone says it offends them-then I say have THEM move seven miles away out into the ocean!

That holds true everywhere. Right wing patriotism seems to always involve hatred of others. A sense of superiority is generally part of it as well.
--------------------------------- well , USA is SUPERIOR in most all things Tommy .

patriotism is not racism
how ridiculous to even compare them

The OP was talking about a high school football game. Not an international US / German soccer match, dumb ass.
-------------------------------- high school Mexicans in the USA having views that they are Mexican first is worse but cool with me as it is a public issue and makes it into the media . All these little Mexicans in USA Schools all probably have 'dual citizenship; which makes thing even worse for the USA and America Bulldog .

Last edited:
Here's why they have done that:

Do July 4th festivities make you Republican?

"According to the report, published by Harvard University, July 4th-themed festivities (defined by the study as fireworks, parades, political speeches, and barbecues) not only energize primarily Republicans, but also turn children into Republicans and increase GOP voter turnout."

:laughing0301:

Damn. That makes me want to stop doing July 4th Celebrations. Fuck the GOP.

-------------------------------------------- AGREE , still better for kids to be turned into a 'repub' at first rather than ' dem' and then the youngster kids become Trumpers as time goes by , I think that even the TRUMP is a 'repub' in name only isn't he Bootney ??

-------------------------------- high school Mexicans in the USA having views that they are Mexican first is worse but cool with me as it is a public issue and makes it into the media . All these little Mexicans in USA Schools all probably have 'dual citizenship; which makes thing even worse for the USA and America Bulldog .

Quit whining. If you don't like America being the melting pot it has always been, then you are free to pack your shit and go.

Reinterpreting words, symbols and phrases have become the new normal and part of American political culture. An American citizen who served in the military, even in a combat zone during hostilities may be judged by some as unpatriotic because of their political views on a political topic. So, a person who enlisted and volunteered for dangerous duty during the Vietnam War or Iraq/Afghanistan after 9/11may be called unpatriotic because, they, for example, support athletes who kneel during the National Anthem. Also, an example, anyone who may disagree with or criticize Donald Trump may be deemed unpatriotic.

Patriotism has become a subjective word with a subjective interpretation. Politicizing the word has made it somewhat meaningless and irrelevant.

Quit whining. If you don't like America being the melting pot it has always been, then you are free to pack your shit and go.
Does not melting pot indicate they assimilate? Fly American flags? Speak English? And you are right about leaving this country if he does not like it here.

Forum List

Back