American Indians Aren't Offended. Guilt-ridden White Liberals Are.

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
3_apache-1_mugshot_four_by_three_s160x120.jpg

Army’s Apache under assault: PC police call helicopter’s name racist

By Douglas Ernst

The Washington Times

Friday, June 27, 2014

Veterans aren’t happy with a recent op-ed by the Washington Post, which charged that the Apache, Comanche, Chinook, Lakota, Cheyenne and Kiowa military vehicles were a “greater symbolic injustice” than the NFL’s Washington Redskins’ name.

“Even if the NFL and Redskins brass come to their senses and rename the team, a greater symbolic injustice would continue to afflict Indians — an injustice perpetuated not by a football club but by our federal government,” Simon Waxman of the Boston Review wrote for the Post on Thursday.

He added that the helicopter names were “propaganda” that needed to end, because Native American life expectancy statistics indicate the “violence is ongoing, even if the guns are silent.”

Readers at the popular military news gathering website Doctrine Man reacted Friday.

“I suspect that the author is less unhappy that our choppers have Indian names, and more unhappy that there is a U.S. military,” wrote Alex Kuhns.

Kevin Schooler wrote: “What floors me is that for the most part, it isn’t American Indians who are offended. It is guilt-ridden white liberals being offended on their behalf. How’s that for paternalism?”

Even the website’s moderator weighed in, saying that the names the military chooses for weapons platforms “are anything but derogatory, they convey strength, honor, and courage. [MENTION=28959]simon[/MENTION]Waxman is grossly uninformed.”

Read more: Army vets blast PC police for attacking Apache, Chinook helicopters as racist - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

Last edited:
What is really going on is that the do nothing, productive, liberals are looking for battles they can win. The are the modern version of Don Quixote tilting at windmills. They promises us they would solve the unemployment rate and damn it has gotten worse when work force participation is factored in. They promised peace in the world and the world is on fire. Pretty much everything they tried has turned to crap. So why try, find the low hanging fruit and go for it, much more satisfying.

DADT, simple, bam done, look at me!!!!

Immigration, just open the door, say it is for the children, bam done, look at me!!!

Gay marriage, just declare it a constitutional right and close all opposition, bam done, look at me.

The Redskins should change their name, they should drop the Washington part how f'ing embarrassing? Actually I think they should move out of Washington.

Some think that having things named after them is a complement. Liberals are just tilting at windmills.

I do not know a single"liberal" who gives a fuck what we call out helo gunships.

You people are fucking whacked

I do not know a single"liberal" who gives a fuck what we call out helo gunships.

Actually it only takes one activist to screw things up for the rest of us.

When I post these threads usually It's about extremism, which not many here practice. The problem arises when someone here shows support for this type of extremist behavior.

Extremism of any kind, left or right, is the problem, be it Muslims calling for a Kalifate, or liberals instituting Political-Correctness. They are simply two sides of the same coin called fascism.

When I post these threads usually It's about extremism, which not many here practice. The problem arises when someone here shows support for this type of extremist behavior.

Extremism of any kind, left or right, is the problem, be it Muslims calling for a Kalifate, or liberals instituting Political-Correctness. They are simply two sides of the same coin called fascism.

You forgot "open carry".

Yeah, white Liberals are pretty warped. It's the Communist in em. They're taking their PC stuff to absurd levels. They're always looking to stir things up. In fact, that's what the current President is all about. His only claim to fame was being a Communist Organizer in Chicago. All he did was stir it up by inciting resentment & hate. It's a Saul Alinsky tactic. People can read up on it in his book 'Rules for Radicals.' I'm sure most Native Americans aren't upset about this. You can bet this was instigated by the usual suspect white Communists/Progressives. Ya gotta stir things up. That's the golden rule for Communists/Progressives.

Last edited:

You forgot "open carry".

I don't subscribe to it.

However, it isn't like a person with a gun is automatically a threat to you.

Maybe if you lived in feudal Japan when Samurai were walking around with swords. Chances where pretty good if you didn't bow you'd get your head chopped off. I don't think the same thing will happen if you tell a gun owner to piss off.

You could try it and see what happens btw.

Let me know how it turns out.

What about the State of Indiana?

The Loons aren't going to let that go are they?

Last edited:
Next thing they are come out after the expression " hung like a grizzly bear" saying it offends the bears with a little one. Sheesh.

AGREED; fascism arrives with differing masks, but remains the same. Though instead of 'liberals', I think of "the people's" pretenders.

Just more Communist Organizing. Gotta stir it up. It's the old 'Divide & Conquer' strategy. White Communists/Progressives live for these contrived faux outrage scams. They are behind this one. Bet on that.

What about the State of Indiania?

The Loons aren't going to let that go are they?
My home town is Missoula MT. Missoula, means dirty valley in Salish spoken by the Kalispell Indians of the Flathead tribe.

What an insult.

I'll be going up there in a couple of weeks. The fishing is incredible this year due to the winter's snowpack.

Forum List

Back