American exceptionalism and the bullshit it is

Munin

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2008
I ve heard this a lot in election speeches, but one thing about the arrongance behind this idea is that it doesn't meet the reality.

Let s start:

The symbol of America: The man who built the statue of Liberty was a Frenchman (the same man who build the eiffel tower)

Another symbol of America: the American National Anthem is a story about Fort McHenry and Americans in there surviving a huge naval bombardment that would ve annahilated them with the big US Flag if it wasn't for the French Engineering that had been used to build it.

The first American on the moon: One of the biggest triumphs of US history is the one of the Nation that put the first man on the moon. The fact of the matter is that it was German technology that made it work and Nazi-German scientists that were key to making it work: the truth is that German efficiency got American astronauts on the moon. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqmlDqiHYWU]Wernher von Braun: Rocket Man for War and Peace - Part 1.1 - YouTube[/ame]

The idea that Americans have nothing to learn from others because Americans are the best in everything is just idiotically stupid, as some of the Biggest American Accomplishments where enabled by non-Americans (including the US independence that was enabled by the French Fleet helping the Americans during the war of independence)

Last edited:
I ve heard this a lot in election speeches, but one thing about the arrongance behind this idea is that it doesn't meet the reality.

Let s start:

The symbol of America: The man who build the statue of Liberty was a Frenchman (the same man who build the eifel tower)

Another symbol of America: the American National Anthom is a story about Fort McHenry and Americans in there surviving a huge naval bombardment that would ve annahilated them with the big US Flag if it wasn't for the French Engineering that had been used to build it.

The first American on the moon: One of the biggest triumphs of US history is the one of the Nation that put the first man on the moon. The fact of the matter is that it was German technology that made it work and Nazi-German scientists that were key to making it work: the truth is that German efficiency got American astronauts on the moon. Wernher von Braun: Rocket Man for War and Peace - Part 1.1 - YouTube

The idea that Americans have nothing to learn from others because Americans are the best in everything is just idioticly stupid, as some of the Biggest American Accomplishments where enabled by non-Americans (including the US independence that was enabled by the French Fleet helping the Americans during the war of independence)

YOU f..king IDiOT!!!
YOU and other pompous cliched idiots seem to think that when logical people speak of "American Exceptionalism"
it is bad! It is terrible! It is ARROGANT!

Well I don't!
I think of the MILLIONS of "EXCEPTIONAL" People that come to America BECAUSE they can BE exceptional!
Idiots LIKE you want to constrain that individuality! You ridicule those people that want to better themselves BY coming to America!
And THEN you have the f...ing idiocy to criticize America for coming to the aid of countries that SENT those exceptional people and whose relatives are being slaughtered i.e. German Jews, Asians Vietnam, Iraqis middle east!
YOU ridicule America's aiding these countries that are homelands to now Americans!
Americans who come legally, get their citizenship and work at the exceptional characteristics that America allows
the freedom to blossom!
And you have the idiocy to criticize American exceptionalism!
NO other country has had as MANY people immigrate to and NO other country has come to the AID of countries as America has!
Get that stupid OLD fashioned liberal education meme out of your head!
America is EXCEPTIONAL because exceptional people come from countries that don't offer the same freedoms and opportunities to exploit the EXCEPTIONAL people!

Do you understand??? It is not a jingoistic statement to be proud and humble that America is so blessed with many natural resources AND foresight to allow such exceptionalism to bloom!!!

Let s start:

The symbol of America: The man who build the statue of Liberty was a Frenchman (the same man who build the eifel tower)

Another symbol of America: the American National Anthom is a story about Fort McHenry and Americans in there surviving a huge naval bombardment that would ve annahilated them with the big US Flag if it wasn't for the French Engineering that had been used to build it.

The first American on the moon: One of the biggest triumphs of US history is the one of the Nation that put the first man on the moon. The fact of the matter is that it was German technology that made it work and Nazi-German scientists that were key to making it work: the truth is that German efficiency got American astronauts on the moon. Wernher von Braun: Rocket Man for War and Peace - Part 1.1 - YouTube

The idea that Americans have nothing to learn from others because Americans are the best in everything is just idioticly stupid, as some of the Biggest American Accomplishments where enabled by non-Americans (including the US independence that was enabled by the French Fleet helping the Americans during the war of independence)

Man, the public education system failed you in so many areas.

hey idiot Munin....
It is "built" not "build" the Statue of Liberty!

IT IS Eiffel Tower! not "eifel tower"!
It is "ANTHEM" not "Anthom"!!
It is idiotically not "idioticly"

I am sorry for being so hard on you if English is your second language.. if not you should be ashamed to call yourself "educated"!

You know it is very simple to know if you've misspelled a word didn't you?
When you type and you see a red dotted line ............ under a word it is misspelled!

This country isnt about exceptionalism and if you believe it your education failed you. Anyone with any experience in the work world here is its man vs man do whatever you need to do to get ahead of everyone else. That is today's america. If you find that exceptional well so be it.

hey idiot Munin....
It is "built" not "build" the Statue of Liberty!

IT IS Eiffel Tower! not "eifel tower"!
It is "ANTHEM" not "Anthom"!!
It is idiotically not "idioticly"

I am sorry for being so hard on you if English is your second language.. if not you should be ashamed to call yourself "educated"!

You know it is very simple to know if you've misspelled a word didn't you?
When you type and you see a red dotted line ............ under a word it is misspelled!

Yes, it is my 3rd language (I m from Europe). I try to improve it, ty for correcting it (I will fix it immediatly :p )
It does undermine the point I try to make, so if this was my first language this would be embarrassing and I think it is now too :p . I don't get the red lines as you get them, currently all my words are underlined (I think the spelling correction works on another language atm, I might see if I can set it on English spelling correction)

Last edited:
YOU f..king IDiOT!!!
YOU and other pompous cliched idiots seem to think that when logical people speak of "American Exceptionalism"

Well I don't!
I think of the MILLIONS of "EXCEPTIONAL" People that come to America BECAUSE they can BE exceptional!
Idiots LIKE you want to constrain that individuality! You ridicule those people that want to better themselves BY coming to America!
And THEN you have the f...ing idiocy to criticize America for coming to the aid of countries that SENT those exceptional people and whose relatives are being slaughtered i.e. German Jews, Asians Vietnam, Iraqis middle east!
YOU ridicule America's aiding these countries that are homelands to now Americans!
Americans who come legally, get their citizenship and work at the exceptional characteristics that America allows
the freedom to blossom!
And you have the idiocy to criticize American exceptionalism!
NO other country has had as MANY people immigrate to and NO other country has come to the AID of countries as America has!
Get that stupid OLD fashioned liberal education meme out of your head!
America is EXCEPTIONAL because exceptional people come from countries that don't offer the same freedoms and opportunities to exploit the EXCEPTIONAL people!

Do you understand??? It is not a jingoistic statement to be proud and humble that America is so blessed with many natural resources AND foresight to allow such exceptionalism to bloom!!!

It s not bad to be Nationalistic, but there is a point when you become so Nationalistic that it becomes arrogant. The German Nazis also said they were better than anyone else, that they were a superior race. It turns out that they are not and were not. It is their arrogance that defeated themselves, the arrogance that they alone could take on the whole world.

America is not the only country where certain a big amount of civil liberties are possible, those are widespread among Western Nations. I m not criticizing America for coming to the aid of other countries or helping exceptional non-American scientists. I m saying that thinking that America has nothing to learn from other countries because your politicians say you re number 1 at everything is bullshit.

Americans have things to teach other countries, but Americans have things to learn too.

They can for example take an example to how Germany manages its debt and has a booming export economy with high paid jobs f.e. in the car industry. German cars even get exported to China, where their more expensive cars are preferred over very cheap Chinese cars.

The education system in other Western Nations that outperforms that of the USA

The public transport system of Japan, where they have 21st century trains and railways (not always the case in the US)

At least the US have taken an example how non-American countries are able to have a cheaper healthcare system (per capita costs of healthcare)

The American politicians can take an example at some countries that manage to make a government with 6 different political parties with 6 different ideologies, the US fails to make consensus between only 2 political parties and they do not even have to sit in the same government.

Yes, Americans are exceptional at some things like the computer operating systems and software (Macintosh & Windows) and probably loads of other areas. But to think you can not learn from anyone else is just stupid, I for example am glad other people correct my mistakes if I make them as I can improve myself that way (like the spelling mistakes I made earlier).

If you think you are an exceptional person or nation and are the best at doing almost anything then you take away your motivation to improve as your arrogance makes you think you got everything right

Last edited:
Japan is going broke, in part, due to their Health Care system. They also have a Debt to GDP ratio of about 220%. Ours is about 110%.

So you can't really hold them up as an example just because they have nice trains. (which had to be privatized in the 90's because the Gov't couldn't afford to run them)

I could go on and on about Japan.

Japan is going broke, in part, due to their Health Care system. They also have a Debt to GDP ratio of about 220%. Ours is about 110%.

So you can't really hold them up as an example just because they have nice trains. (which had to be privatized in the 90's because the Gov't couldn't afford to run them)

Well, no but what I ment was that the US public transport: and especially the trains are outdated. Japan has got 1 of the most advanced public transport systems in the world. I don't hold all of it as an example, I want to make the point that we can learn from everyone that does certain things better than us: it doesn't mean we have to copy the things they don't do better than us

And yes I agree, Japan is an interesting country both in its failures and Successes

They re better at some things than americans, not all things of course: another thing they re better at then Americans is making sophisticated and very high quality food, at making reliable cars, ...

and making pranks. I mean their pranks re just nuts compared to the dull and boring pranks that other countries make

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74DCfV5fYr0]Sniper - Japanese Prank - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkpQcZhrcE]Japanese Prank on the Ski Slopes - Massage Chair with a roc - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Munin is an exceptional idiot.

I m glad I stand out from all the other idiots here on the forums then and you don't confuse me with fe the tea baggers :p

Let s thank them again

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK0LePblRAg]Bill Maher Thanks Teabaggers and Sarah Palin(TOO FUNNY) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Well, no but what I ment was that the US public transport: and especially the trains are outdated. Japan has got 1 of the most advanced public transport systems in the world. I don't hold all of it as an example, I want to make the point that we can learn from everyone that does certain things better than us: it doesn't mean we have to copy the things they don't do better than us

And yes I agree, Japan is an interesting country both in its failures and Successes

They re better at some things than americans, not all things of course: another thing they re better at then Americans is making sophisticated and very high quality food, at making reliable cars, ...

and making pranks. I mean their pranks re just nuts compared to the dull and boring pranks that other countries make

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74DCfV5fYr0]Sniper - Japanese Prank - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkpQcZhrcE]Japanese Prank on the Ski Slopes - Massage Chair with a roc - YouTube[/ame]

The reason why the trains are outdated is because we have so many other modes of transportation......mainly personal autos. Trains other than shipping cargo have been an economic disaster for the government. Then we have airlines that are used quite a bit.
Pranks? I guess you've never been on a snipe hunt, have you? :eusa_eh:

Well I don't!

I just wish it were still true.

We've spent and spent and spent on everything EXCEPT becoming and staying Number One in anything EXCEPT the SIZE of our military.

The result is, $600 hammers, bases in friendly countries that do nothing but spend even more money and the damn pubs/pots want to add more.

We need education and infrastructure and JOBS but that's not what the GObP sold out to their overseers in return for buying the election. We NEED to invest in the USofA but Mitt invests ONLY in foreign countries. That's why he fits right in with the rest of the R party.

Bottom line is that our military is now bigger than the next 15 countries COMBINED. Do we really need to add more?

Well I don't!

I just wish it were still true.

We've spent and spent and spent on everything EXCEPT becoming and staying Number One in anything EXCEPT the SIZE of our military.

The result is, $600 hammers, bases in friendly countries that do nothing but spend even more money and the damn pubs/pots want to add more.

We need education and infrastructure and JOBS but that's not what the GObP sold out to their overseers in return for buying the election. We NEED to invest in the USofA but Mitt invests ONLY in foreign countries. That's why he fits right in with the rest of the R party.

Bottom line is that our military is now bigger than the next 15 countries COMBINED. Do we really need to add more?

good grief :rolleyes:

Let s start:

The symbol of America: The man who built the statue of Liberty was a Frenchman (the same man who build the eiffel tower)

Another symbol of America: the American National Anthem is a story about Fort McHenry and Americans in there surviving a huge naval bombardment that would ve annahilated them with the big US Flag if it wasn't for the French Engineering that had been used to build it.

The idea that Americans have nothing to learn from others because Americans are the best in everything is just idiotically stupid, as some of the Biggest American Accomplishments where enabled by non-Americans (including the US independence that was enabled by the French Fleet helping the Americans during the war of independence)
Wha Wha WHa....if you hate America so much, move to france.

Forum List

Back