American dates

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Why does America go buy Month, Day, Year?

What I mean is, normally figures go in size order. So you weigh 12st 10lbs and 3oz's. The time is 9 hours, 56 minutes and 33 seconds. The distance to the shops is 12 miles, 23 yards and one foot.

Dave is 32 years, 6 months and 3 days old.

In order, a day is shorter than a month and a month is shorter than a year. So today is the 25th August 2022, or, 25/8/22. So why 8/25/22? Why the fuck up?

You are not 6 months, 32 years and 3 days old.

Jimmy Carter tried to convert the U.S. to the metric system but it didn't work probably because of intrenched tradition. The U.S. Military uses the metric system probably because we caved into our NATO allies that didn't want to abandon the metric system.

Because screw what the rest of the world does.
Apologies, I didn't expect the thread to attract the retards. Please engage both brain cells this time. As weights, measures, time etc.. intervals go up in order, you would normally say, "He's 39 years, 10 months and 3 days old".

How much water does you bath hold? Do you say, "2 fluid ounces, 10 gallon, and 1 pint"?

So please, this time, engage both brain cells, or ask an adult or carer, why the discrepancy on dates. It's a simple question, well, obviously not to retards.

Why does America go buy Month, Day, Year?

What I mean is, normally figures go in size order. So you weigh 12st 10lbs and 3oz's. The time is 9 hours, 56 minutes and 33 seconds. The distance to the shops is 12 miles, 23 yards and one foot.

Dave is 32 years, 6 months and 3 days old.

In order, a day is shorter than a month and a month is shorter than a year. So today is the 25th August 2022, or, 25/8/22. So why 8/25/22? Why the fuck up?

You are not 6 months, 32 years and 3 days old.

One of the hypotheses is that the United States borrowed the way it was written from the United Kingdom who used it before the 20th century and then later changed it to match Europe (dd-mm-yyyy). American colonists liked their original format and it’s been that way ever since.

One of the hypotheses is that the United States borrowed the way it was written from the United Kingdom who used it before the 20th century and then later changed it to match Europe (dd-mm-yyyy). American colonists liked their original format and it’s been that way ever since.
Thank you, finally a good answer.

I suggest you study US history.
I suggest you study UK history.

Would you like some of knowledge on the US? The colonies were losing the war to the Brits for Independence, so the French joined US forces to win the war. So US Independence was won by the French.

Also, in 1987, Biden ran for president but pulled out due to a scandal around plagiarism and lying about education qualifications.

Webster disliked the Brits and the British King that much, he wrote his dictionary based on -

the standard for what British called proper spelling was set by the Aristocracy, and who wanted to follow what they said. He also didn’t like that the British believed you needed to study Greek and Latin first in order to properly understand English Grammar. Instead, he went with simpler spellings more in line with their Anglo-Saxon origins. Webster had a vision of an America that spoke and wrote in a way so unique it would be unrecognizable to an Englishman

Hence why you guys have a butchered version of English, and you can't pronounce and speak proper English.

Last edited:
I suggest you study UK history.

Would you like some of knowledge on the US? The colonies were losing the war to the Brits for Independence, so the French joined US forces to win the war. So US Independence was won by the French.

Also, in 1987, Biden ran for president but pulled out due to a scandal around plagiarism and lying about education qualifications.

Webster disliked the Brits and the British King that much, he wrote his dictionary based on -

the standard for what British called proper spelling was set by the Aristocracy, and who wanted to follow what they said. He also didn’t like that the British believed you needed to study Greek and Latin first in order to properly understand English Grammar. Instead, he went with simpler spellings more in line with their Anglo-Saxon origins. Webster had a vision of an America that spoke and wrote in a way so unique it would be unrecognizable to an Englishman

Hence why you guys have a butchered version of English, and you can't pronounce and speak proper English.
You expect to get the truth about why the Colonists changed all of their measurements from British history?
Really?
OMG!

Jimmy Carter tried to convert the U.S. to the metric system but it didn't work probably because of intrenched tradition. The U.S. Military uses the metric system probably because we caved into our NATO allies that didn't want to abandon the metric system.
I mainly use Imperial at work

Forum List

Back