American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations

The only unanswered question is how stupid you are willing to be to believe this horseshit.
`
Like most of your ilk, you didn't read the article, just the headline. How can one carry on an intelligent conversation with a person has absolutely no idea what they are commenting on? To wit;
`
In a strongly worded letter obtained by CNN Thursday, the organization said it is making the extraordinary request "because of the ABA's respect for the rule of law and due process under law," siding with concerns voiced by Senate Democrats since Christine Blasey Ford's decades-old allegations became public.

"The basic principles that underscore the Senate's constitutional duty of advice and consent on federal judicial nominees require nothing less than a careful examination of the accusations and facts by the FBI," said Robert Carlson, president of the organization, in a Thursday night letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein.

"Each appointment to our nation's Highest Court (as with all others) is simply too important to rush to a vote," Carlson wrote. "Deciding to proceed without conducting additional investigation would not only have a lasting impact on the Senate's reputation, but it will also negatively affect the great trust necessary for the American people to have in the Supreme Court."
`
If you can make rational argument against what the ABA said, then go for it. But you can't. So hush.
`

The American Bar Association should know that the FBI doesn't get involved in local juvenile crimes. They have no jurisdiction. After all, they are supposedly lawyers, right?
`
What you don't understand about law is encyclopedic and humorous. I'll stick with the ABA, now hush.

Just for the grins and giggles let's say the FBI did the little investigation everyone is demanding and they come back and say they could find nothing to substantiate Fords claims.

Would you or any of your commie senators on the committee vote for Kavanaugh's confirmation?

Just for the grins and giggles let's say the FBI did the little investigation everyone is demanding and they come back and say they could find nothing to substantiate Fords claims. Would you or any of your commie senators on the committee vote for Kavanaugh's confirmation?
`
A "commie senator". Aren't you an anachronism, straight from the 50's. I don't do Let's Pretend games. I prefer adult discussions.

The only unanswered question is how stupid you are willing to be to believe this horseshit.
`
Like most of your ilk, you didn't read the article, just the headline. How can one carry on an intelligent conversation with a person has absolutely no idea what they are commenting on? To wit;
`
In a strongly worded letter obtained by CNN Thursday, the organization said it is making the extraordinary request "because of the ABA's respect for the rule of law and due process under law," siding with concerns voiced by Senate Democrats since Christine Blasey Ford's decades-old allegations became public.

"The basic principles that underscore the Senate's constitutional duty of advice and consent on federal judicial nominees require nothing less than a careful examination of the accusations and facts by the FBI," said Robert Carlson, president of the organization, in a Thursday night letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein.

"Each appointment to our nation's Highest Court (as with all others) is simply too important to rush to a vote," Carlson wrote. "Deciding to proceed without conducting additional investigation would not only have a lasting impact on the Senate's reputation, but it will also negatively affect the great trust necessary for the American people to have in the Supreme Court."
`
If you can make rational argument against what the ABA said, then go for it. But you can't. So hush.
`

How about it won't make a damn difference, no one is going to change their minds, the vote will be 56-44 no matter what. The FBI could say Kavanaugh is Jesus reincarnated with the wisdom of God himself and the majority of the commies will vote no.

The American Bar Association should know that the FBI doesn't get involved in local juvenile crimes. They have no jurisdiction. After all, they are supposedly lawyers, right?
But the FBI conducts background searches. They just have to chase down a few more leads. Where's Mark Judge?

Mark Judge has already sworn an affidavit. Did you miss that part? He says that Ford is lying.

What part aren't you people getting? There is not a single intelligent person on this earth that backs Ford's version of events because it has more holes that a one ton block of Swiss cheese! Her own friend whom she claimed was in the room basically said, "I have no idea what the fuck she is talking about!"
Her friend said that due to her health problems her lawyer wrote that statement without her approval. The Arizona,prosecutor reveled that bon mot! Judge has never testified under oath nor has he been interviewed by an FBI investigator.

Dr. Ford is credible. Kavanaugh threw a fit in the afternoon. Partisan, bitter and obfuscurial. He has neither the temperamentnor the credibility to have a seat on the bench. Are there no other jurists Conservative enough to serve as associate justice? Why this particular guy?

You are such an idiot. Grassley made that statement of fact during the introduction, dumbass!

`
What you don't understand about law is encyclopedic and humorous. I'll stick with the ABA, now hush.

So how many government and law courses have you taught? The ABA is well known for being incredibly leftist. They even gave him a "well qualified rating" and then cot their nose off just to spit their face by making the grossly inept recommendation that the FBI should investigate.

Come on ABA! Which is it?

You are such a pompous arrogant yet ignorant douche canoe!

You probably think that the ABA merged with the NBA!

Last edited:
Just for the grins and giggles let's say the FBI did the little investigation everyone is demanding and they come back and say they could find nothing to substantiate Fords claims. Would you or any of your commie senators on the committee vote for Kavanaugh's confirmation?
`
A "commie senator". Aren't you an anachronism, straight from the 50's. I don't do Let's Pretend games. I prefer adult discussions.

Deflection, how fucking cute.

It is no more important to investigate this now than it was in july and/or august unless of course the goal is to delay the nomination in which case it then becomes absolutely necessary and the ABA becomes the willing buffer to deflect from that fact...the left is about to go down for a third time, they are drowning and cannot help themselves, if the ABA wants to save them they will have to disbar Kavanaugh on even the flimsiest grounds.

`
`

`
`

I already did, but you are such a libtard you cannot read above a third grade level. They have no jurisdiction, PERIOD!

Besides, there is no evidence. None. Zilch. Nada.

How about it won't make a damn difference, no one is going to change their minds, the vote will be 56-44 no matter what. The FBI could say Kavanaugh is Jesus reincarnated with the wisdom of God himself and the majority of the commies will vote no.
`
I'm not arguing whether it will make a difference, it's obvious it wouldn't with you, I'm saying that the ABA's request for an FBI investigation is completely legal and legitimate. However, only trump can request that and he already said he would not do it.

It is no more important to investigate this now than it was in july and/or august unless of course the goal is to delay the nomination in which case it then becomes absolutely necessary and the ABA becomes the willing buffer to deflect from that fact...the left is about to go down for a third time, they are drowning and cannot help themselves, if the ABA wants to save them they will have to disbar Kavanaugh on even the flimsiest grounds.

They can disbar him tomorrow if they wish. There is no requirement that a justice even has to be a lawyer!

`
I'm not arguing whether it will make a difference, it's obvious it wouldn't with you, I'm saying that the ABA's request for an FBI investigation is completely legal and legitimate. However, only trump can request that and he already said he would not do it.

They can request anything they want, dumbass, but it doesn't make it legal in any way shape or form. If they found any evidence to charge him criminally, the court would have to throw it out because they have no jurisdiction in a Maryland juvenile case.

The ABA is a professional association, they don't have the power to disbar anyone.

A far left wing group parroting a baseless claim.... how unoriginal...
The ABA is actually quite conservative, in the original meaning of the word.

This is very, very huge. I am impressed with an organization I normally had little admiration for - they are putting reverence for the Court above all else.

*I am a lawyer, a one time member of the ABA, and I interned there during my law school years in DC. It’s a very white shoe, large law firm oriented place (NOT liberal) with well appointed offices among the lobbyists of K Street.

Last edited:
The ABA can disbar him tomorrow if they wish. There is no requirement that a justice even has to be a lawyer!
It's not a matter of him being a lawyer at that point, the disbarment itself would be the disqualifier...i.e. if he isn't fit to be a lawyer in our lowest courts he certainly isn't fit to sit on the highest court will be the argument.

`
You may be right but that's not the point. First, where are your grounds or evidence that the ABA is involved with any attempt to delay the vote? Can the FBI investigate Kavanaugh again? Of course they can - Source. trump will not allow that though. Will such an investigation change any minds? I'm not a clairvoyant but I'd say yes, one way or another.

`

Then just shut up about it already, if it won't change a thing. Every commiecrat on the judiciary committee said they would never vote for Kavanaugh and that was the day he was nominated, nothing has changed. The completed FBI report has already been submitted to the WH.

Then just shut up about it already, if it won't change a thing. Every commiecrat on the judiciary committee said they would never vote for Kavanaugh and that was the day he was nominated, nothing has changed. The completed FBI report has already been submitted to the WH.
`

I'm sorry you don't like my opinion (not really). Since you cannot see into the future anymore than I can, you have no idea what will happen when/if the FBI conducts such an investigation. As you have no proof it will not change anything, I rest my case.

The ABA can disbar him tomorrow if they wish. There is no requirement that a justice even has to be a lawyer!
It's not a matter of him being a lawyer at that point, the disbarment itself would be the disqualifier...i.e. if he isn't fit to be a lawyer in our lowest courts he certainly isn't fit to sit on the highest court will be the argument.
The ABA is a professional organization, membership is voluntary, they don’t disbar anybody because they don’t control bar admission. Kavanaugh could only be disbarred by the state and/or federal bars to which he has admission.

You may be right but that's not the point. First, where are your grounds or evidence that the ABA is involved with any attempt to delay the vote?
Is that how you want to do this? fine, but be warned, you will need to do the pee-pee dance with the language to keep trying to prove what these words really mean do not really mean that, in which case I will let you go play soemwhere else:
From the OP who you did not see fit to ask him for proof:
American Bar Association tells Senate: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations - CNNPolitics
Is that proof enough? do feel the need to ask the OP to prove it?

Can the FBI investigate Kavanaugh again? Of course they can - Source. trump will not allow that though. Will such an investigation change any minds? I'm not a clairvoyant but I'd say yes, one way or another.
Again, it is no more important to investigate them now than it was back in july and august unless delay is the goal and then it becomes an absolute imperative to investigate.

It is very likely that as a matter of politics the FBI investigation won’t change votes, especially if it finds nothing to corroborate the now multiple allegations against Kavanaugh. But the ABA is concerned solely with the long term health of the judiciary and the American people’s trust in it.

They are notoriously apolitical, although they trend conservative. This is really, really huge - however the Senate responds. I’m actually a bit stunned and hugely impressed with this development. Whatever your political beliefs, confidence in the courts IS critical to the functioning of a society based in the rule of the law. I admire the ABA for acknowledging the damage that was done today and that would be irreparably done by a rush to confirm Kavanaugh absent an investigation of the new allegations brought against him.

Forum List

Back