America Trusts Republicans?

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Trust on Issues
Voters Trust Republicans More On 10 Top Issues

Friday, October 23, 2009

For the first time in recent years, voters trust Republicans more than Democrats on all 10 key electoral issues regularly tracked by Rasmussen Reports. The GOP holds double-digit advantages on five of them.

Republicans have nearly doubled their lead over Democrats on economic issues to 49% to 35%, after leading by eight points in September.

The GOP also holds a 54% to 31% advantage on national security issues and a 50% to 31% lead on the handling of the war in Iraq.

But voters are less sure which party they trust more to handle government ethics and corruption, an issue that passed the economy in voter importance last month. Thirty-three percent (33%) trust Republicans more while 29% have more confidence in Democrats. Another 38% are undecided. Last month, the parties were virtually tied on the issue.

Surveys of 1,000 Likely Voters
October 14-15 & 18-19, 2009

Issue
Democrats
Republicans

Health Care
40%
46%

Education
38%
43%

Social Security
37%
45%

Taxes
35%
50%

Economy
35%
49%

Abortion
35%
47%

Immigration
33%
40%

Nat'l Security
31%
54%

Iraq
31%
50%

Gov't Ethics
29%
33%

Trust on Issues - Rasmussen Reports™

Oh crap!

I was almost impressed until I saw it was a Rassmussen poll.

Yes republicans....America loves you.....you don't have to change a thing

Oh crap!

I was almost impressed until I saw it was a Rassmussen poll.

Yes republicans....America loves you.....you don't have to change a thing

They love them so much that they wanted them to take an extended vacation from the Presidency, and leading the Senate and the House.

Oh crap!
I was almost impressed until I saw it was a Rassmussen poll. Yes republicans....America loves you.....you don't have to change a thing
Yeah, it wasn't a CNN poll you could "freep" so it doesn't matter right?

Don't attack the messenger LeftWinger.

Just curious...

Do any other polls indicate the same trend??

Just curious...

Most other polls are dreamed up to build "news" stories around.

Much as you may dislike them, Rasmussen is only in the polling business. Moreover, Fordham University found them the most accurate pollster out there LINK and fivethirtyeight.com had them #3, behind some pollsters nobody has ever heard of LINK.

Going to impugn them too?

It is remarkable to see Republicans leading in some of those categories - education, health care and ABORTION?

Good Lord that has to have the Dems scratching their collective noggins!

I'm not sure if this poll really tells us much... It's a choice between two parties that suck... It just so happens that the Democratic party sucks a lot more than the Republicans... At least SOME Republicans still believe what the country was founded on, compared to no Democrats....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
It is remarkable to see Republicans leading in some of those categories - education, health care and ABORTION?

Education? Considering that less than 6% of scientists are Republican, mentioning Republican and Education in the same sentence is an "oxymoron".

Education? Considering that less than 6% of scientists are Republican, mentioning Republican and Education in the same sentence is an "oxymoron".

So if you are not a scientist you are not educated???? :cuckoo:

pigboy-wish.jpg

wow! - another poll that represents 1000 people on a media call list.....L.O.L sounds like America has spoken!

Forty percent of Americans describe their political views as conservative, 36% as moderate, and 20% as liberal. This marks a shift from 2005 through 2008, when moderates were tied with conservatives as the most prevalent group.
Conservatives Maintain Edge as Top Ideological Group

So how many seats will the Dems. lose next year? Anyone running a pool?

The estimates I've seen say the Dems will lose between 20 and 35 House seats, depending mostly on how the economy, mostly jobs, goes, but I think Obama's ham fisted assault on Fox News has made many journalists cooler to him than they have been, and that could effect how the news is presented on other media outlets and that might mean even more seats lost for Dems in 2010.

So if you are not a scientist you are not educated???? :cuckoo:

That was an incredibly inept statement he made, was it not?

:lol:

Just curious...

Much as you may dislike them, Rasmussen is only in the polling business. Moreover, Fordham University found them the most accurate pollster out there LINK and fivethirtyeight.com had them #3, behind some pollsters nobody has ever heard of LINK.

Rasmussen's election polling and their opinion polling are two very different animals.

Just curious...

Rasmussen's election polling and their opinion polling are two very different animals.

Legit animals nevertheless.

The tide is not in the Democrats' favor at the moment - that could change, or it could worsen for them...

Forum List

Back