Military Breaking Away From White House?

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
It appears agitation over increasing confusion and lack of direction is underway, with a top Afghanistan official and former Marine resigning in protest over the Afghan war - "I have doubts and reservations about our current strategy and planned future strategy..."

This resignation is no small matter folks - especially if followed by more...

washingtonpost.com

You know things are screwed when your S.O.D. and top ground commander have to go to the media to argue their case.

God help us if we are attacked again with this sham president and administration in place.

It appears agitation over increasing confusion and lack of direction is underway, with a top Afghanistan official and former Marine resigning in protest over the Afghan war - "I have doubts and reservations about our current strategy and planned future strategy..."

washingtonpost.com

So,

Now we allow a Marine Corp captain to establish US military strategy??

washingtonpost.com

"When Matthew Hoh joined the Foreign Service early this year,..."

psst. foreign service officers aren't the military.

are you this stupid in real life?

washingtonpost.com

So, by your own admission, if there are no more this is moot, right? Pssst.....something tells me that you didn't look at it as a problem with all of the generals resigned or were fired by Dubya, right?

washingtonpost.com

That's going to leave a mark.

washingtonpost.com

Hell, a lot of us have been asking the same questions this guy is since Bush invaded Iraq. What took this guy so long?

A lot of it started with this:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Last edited:
God help us if we are attacked again with this sham president and administration in place.

I guess it doesn't matter that we were already attacked with a real sham president and a Dick in charge who then proceeded to fuck up our attack on the shelterers of our attackers which lead to the fucking debacle we are in, get life.

What a bunch of fucking asshole lying crybabies and deniars of reality.

The Captain is not attacking Obama, he is saying we don't need to be in Afghanistan. Our very presence is one of the main reasons the Afghans are fighting US.

I agree with him. What is the mission? What is winning?

washingtonpost.com

PSSST - he is described as "a top Afghanistan official and former Marine".

Don't worry - I won't try and demean you with your obvious inability to read...

:eusa_whistle:

washingtonpost.com

what part of *former* baffles you, einstein?

What part of top afghanistan official does not stand out as concerning?

Furthermore.....as you continue with the diversion, letys address the issue...

please explain to me what takes 7 weeks+ to come up with a decision?

He was wiling to draft up and sign a healthcare bill that will affect 17% of our entire economy in 2 weeks.

He had drafted and signed a trillion dollar stimulus in a matter of weeks.

Face it...it is easy for him to decide on things that he believes will make him popular....but he is afrasid to pull thwe trigger on a decision that will make him unpopular...regardless of the decision he makes....a large roup of people will disapprove...and it scares him.

Whimp in Chief is more appropriate for this "America as it were designed to be" hater

washingtonpost.com

So,

Now we allow a Marine Corp captain to establish US military strategy??

To some, that might make perfect sense. You know the kind...the ones who get together with their drinking buddies and because they want armed rebellion, they think everyone does.

:rolleyes:

He was wiling to draft up and sign a healthcare bill that will affect 17% of our entire economy in 2 weeks.

Face it...it is easy for him to decide on things that he believes will make him popular....but he is afrasid to pull thwe trigger on a decision that will make him unpopular...regardless of the decision he makes....a large roup of people will disapprove...and it scares him.

Whimp in Chief is more appropriate for this "America as it were designed to be" hater

Actually thinking carefully and weighing ALL options before changing policies?

___

Indeed! So now some in here would state this guy is not "military" because he was most recently a top official in the Zabul Province - an individual who was a Marine Captain, a Pentagon official, and top official in Iraq?

Even the news report makes clear this individual's strong military link...

When Matthew Hoh joined the Foreign Service early this year, he was exactly the kind of smart civil-military hybrid the administration was looking for to help expand its development efforts in Afghanistan.

A former Marine Corps captain with combat experience in Iraq, Hoh had also served in uniform at the Pentagon, and as a civilian in Iraq and at the State Department. By July, he was the senior U.S. civilian in Zabul province, a Taliban hotbed.

washingtonpost.com

This resignation is significant - and further evidence of a White House in turmoil over what to do with Afghanistan. Casualties have not just increased - they have greatly increased since Obama became Commander in Chief...

:rolleyes:

___

Indeed! So now some in here would state this guy is not "military" because he was most recently a top official in the Zabul Province - an individual who was a Marine Captain, a Pentagon official, and top official in Iraq?

When Matthew Hoh joined the Foreign Service early this year, he was exactly the kind of smart civil-military hybrid the administration was looking for to help expand its development efforts in Afghanistan.

A former Marine Corps captain with combat experience in Iraq, Hoh had also served in uniform at the Pentagon, and as a civilian in Iraq and at the State Department. By July, he was the senior U.S. civilian in Zabul province, a Taliban hotbed.

washingtonpost.com

This resignation is significant - and further evidence of a White House in turmoil over what to do with Afghanistan. Casualties have not just increased - they have greatly increased since Obama became Commander in Chief...

Everyone keeps glossing over the meat of the story which is, "I have doubts and reservations about our current strategy and planned future strategy, but my resignation is based not upon how we are pursuing this war, but why and to what end."

That has been the question of many of us since Bush decided that bin Laden wasn't a priority as far back as 2002.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Last edited:

___

washingtonpost.com

Everyone keeps glossing over the meat of the story which is, "I have doubts and reservations about our current strategy and planned future strategy, but my resignation is based not upon how we are pursuing this war, but why and to what end."

That has been the question of many of us since Bush decided that bin Laden wasn't a priority as far back as 2002.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Has the Afghan policy changed at all yet from the Bush policy? If the answer is no, this guy is actually resigning over the continuation of the Bush/Cheney game plan.

Forum List

Back