America-The Failing Country

So, I was listening to this early morning talk show on the local rock station I listen to. The host was claiming that the United States is the greatest country on the planet. I am an American, but I disagree with that statement. When I heard this host say that, I actually got angry.

Here are a few reasons why I believe the U.S.A. is NOT the greatest country or even comes close:

The military is overpowering and very messed up (look up videos).
The leadership is lacking. All the presidents seem to make matters worse (economically speaking).
Americans are wasteful and rely too much on processed foods.
The American government has a way of making enemies globally.

The government wants to control every aspect of human life within its borders (what food we can and can't eat, etc).
The education system is in ruins.
Just wait until the military knocks down your door. Martial law is just around the corner and in some ways, already exists (FEMA camps).

Nonsense.

America is in fact the greatest Nation in the world, and the best America is yet to come.

More Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any time in this Nation's history; Americans' civil liberties are more secure today than at anytime in this Nation's history; and gay, lesbian, and transgender Americans are soon to realize their comprehensive civil rights.

American society is becoming more diverse, inclusive, and accepting of expressions of individual liberty and rejects the fear and ignorance of the reactionary right hostile to change and the civil liberties of others.

Your post is ignorant, inane, and ridiculous, devoid of any facts or evidence – typical of the fear-mongering gloom and doom tripe propagated by most on the right.

Wow.. Just amazing... Are you living in a vacuum?

-Geaux

More Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any time in this Nation's history; Americans' civil liberties are more secure today than at anytime in this Nation's history; and gay, lesbian, and transgender Americans are soon to realize their comprehensive civil rights.

What kind of delusion are you suffering? Universities are free speech dead zones. Males at universities are being strung up by kangaroo rape courts. All sorts of "hate" speech laws are sprouting. The climate of self-censorship is burgeoning. Tech CEOs are being run out of their jobs for their private beliefs. Small business owners are having their free association rights gutted like a fish.

We're living in a more and more oppressive society as liberals dig deeper into the skin of society, like tics.

When my daughter has to share a shower with a boy who says he's a girl, my daughter is having her civil rights attacked and feels less safe.

When I'm forced to hire a transsexual to work in my business then my rights of free association are being trampled.

This is outright oppression, not freedom. Things are getting worse.

What you're doing is mistaking "Forced tolerance under punishment of law" as "greater freedom." Freedom means that I can tell you and everyone else to FO and not have to face legal consequences for doing so. In your formulation, shutting me up and preventing me from saying FO creates a more free and tolerant society.

Well, FO, and I'm glad that I still have the freedom to tell you to shove your oppression where the sun doesn't shine.

that's funny. but you are right. civil liberties are at risk nowadays.

Everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my post. I do like to see a little debate going on, however, from my experiences I know the government is corrupt and its taking its toll on the American people. Once I get a certain amount of posts in, I can add links to my comments so I will add sites and even a music video that hits the nail on the head. I hope you enjoy to rock out.

A Perfect Circle-Counting Bodies Like Sheep To the Rhythm of the War Drums

I believe this video represents the government feeding the people bullshit through tv (news propaganda), turning the people into sheep, and will eventually lead the nation into disaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
when the world copies you, you're #1

The world copies America, so....

And his claim made you mad?

You mad b/c our military goes out and does things? Try being in one of those countries that doesn't give a fuck what happens next door, yea, not giving a fuck is what we should copy

You mad b/c our military goes out and does things? Try being in one of those countries that doesn't give a fuck what happens next door, yea, not giving a fuck is what we should copy

I'll stop giving a fuck when our government (military included) stops destroying lives, and killing the innocent. Check out this video. This is what your "magnificent" military is doing these days:
(I'm not Islamic but this is wrong on soooo many levels)
Animals are kinder than these.....mongrels. That's the nicest things I have to say for the troops shown in this video. I would happily dance on these fuckers' graves to tell you the truth. Not all "soldiers" and military folks are heroes. In fact, a lot of the troops these days are just like the little boys in this video. I'm no coward. Men who have to use guns and high powered weapons are the cowards. Why can't disagreements be settled through debate and through talking, instead of blowing each other up? I've been doing quite a bit of reading and I discovered that at least 40% of the troops (deployed to fight) are told to kill everyone-women, children, babies, animals. What does that say for our government?

Hats off to the very few men and women who risked their lives to serve our country. May your heroic duties be brought to light before we as a nation loses all hope and respect for the military (or at least, myself).

So, I was listening to this early morning talk show on the local rock station I listen to. The host was claiming that the United States is the greatest country on the planet. I am an American, but I disagree with that statement. When I heard this host say that, I actually got angry.

Here are a few reasons why I believe the U.S.A. is NOT the greatest country or even comes close:

The leadership is lacking. All the presidents seem to make matters worse (economically speaking).

The government wants to control every aspect of human life within its borders (what food we can and can't eat, etc).
Just wait until the military knocks down your door. Martial law is just around the corner and in some ways, already exists (FEMA camps).

[youtube]ML3qYHWRIZk[/youtube]

Except the pining for what America "used to be". Liberals and Conservatives each have their versions of an American Utopia that they look wistfully back on and cherish as "the good old days". These good old days never existed, every era in American history has had it's horrors and shameful failings. One of the things that does make it a great country though is that no matter what it seems to keep searching for ways to become better. Through all the hate, ideological tension, political battles and steps backward it has none-the-less inched it's way forward towards a more perfect Union.

Through all the hate, ideological tension, political battles and steps backward it has none-the-less inched it's way forward towards a more perfect Union.

And yet if you analyze how people feel and separate out governmental/legal issues from technological innovations and such, many people prefer the legal or cultural or social environment of earlier times.

In other words, they like their big screen TVs, their NetFlix and their iPhone but they hate liberal totalitarianism, speech codes, sexual harassment workshops, etc.

Life is improved on one plane and seriously degraded on many others. People look back on how their parents were able to afford housing in good school districts on more modest salaries while they're trying their damnedest to buy a house in an expensive neighborhood in order to send their kids to good schools because schools in more modest neighborhoods have been ruined by an influx of immigrants.

So when a lot of people talk about how good things are today they're talking about some aspects of life which have nothing to do with the quest to make a "more perfect union." Having great gadgets and cheap stuff has nothing to do with how society is organized and characterized but the material looms very large in people's consciousness. It's easy to identify and quantify as improving one's life.

Last edited:

I'll stop giving a fuck when our government (military included) stops destroying lives, and killing the innocent. Check out this video. This is what your "magnificent" military is doing these days:
Animals are kinder than these.....mongrels. That's the nicest things I have to say for the troops shown in this video. I would happily dance on these fuckers' graves to tell you the truth. Not all "soldiers" and military folks are heroes. In fact, the majority of the troops these days are just like the little boys in this video.

I can tell a few things about you by this post
you're a coward
you have never served
you think youtube = most soldiers
and b/c of that, you're very very ignorant

Through all the hate, ideological tension, political battles and steps backward it has none-the-less inched it's way forward towards a more perfect Union.

And yet if you analyze how people feel and separate out governmental/legal issues from technological innovations and such, many people prefer the legal or cultural or social environment of earlier times.

In other words, they like their big screen TVs, their NetFlix and their iPhone but they hate liberal totalitarianism, speech codes, sexual harassment workshops, etc.

Life is improved on one plane and seriously degraded on many others. People look back on how their parents were able to afford housing in good school districts on more modest salaries while they're trying their damnedest to buy a house in an expensive neighborhood in order to send their kids to good schools because schools in more modest neighborhoods have been ruined by an influx of immigrants.

So when a lot of people talk about how good things are today they're talking about some aspects of life which have nothing to do with the quest to make a "more perfect union." Having great gadgets and cheap stuff has nothing to do with how society is organized and characterized but the material looms very large in people's consciousness. It's easy to identify and quantify as improving one's life.

an ignorant racist prick your voice might be judged worth hearing by more people.

Animals are kinder than these.....mongrels. That's the nicest things I have to say for the troops shown in this video. I would happily dance on these fuckers' graves to tell you the truth. Not all "soldiers" and military folks are heroes. In fact, the majority of the troops these days are just like the little boys in this video.

Hey Darlene- Your getting off to a roaring start I see. Your comment that "majority of the troops these days are just like the little boys in this video" is full of shit. I served in the day and my son is serving now as an Army medic. Please don't paint with broad brushes

Thanks

-Geaux

All the America-hating, Pootarian tee potties - and you know who you are - are more than welcome to move to Russia, where I'm sure you'll be a lot happier.

Leave the US to those who believe in equal rights for all instead of, as you believe, equality only for those with whom you agree.

We've faced a lot worse than your kind in the past and not just survived - we've flourished. I'll gladly take the brown people, black people, gay, transgender, disabled, children, vets and all the rest the right hates so much because they are the strength of my country.

The Pootarian tee potties just drag us down.

If you really want to know the reason why America appears to be a failed Country and who is mainly responsible for that happening, please take a look at this for the answer.

If you really want to know the reason why America appears to be a failed country and who is mainly responsible for that happening, please take a long hard look in the mirror.

people with torches mindset is definitely one of the reasons....

If you really want to know the reason why America appears to be a failed Country and who is mainly responsible for that happening, please take a look at this for the answer.

If you really want to know the reason why America appears to be a failed country and who is mainly responsible for that happening, please take a long hard look in the mirror.
Oh, that I could have that kind of power to move a country! But if I did, unlike the Conservatives in Congress I would actively work hard to better this country where things would get done and Congress could really Earn their money unlike today when they sit and do nothing and would rather play politics instead of get their work done as the American public is noticing. Yes, if only I had that kind of power!

you just pointed out why people with your mindset are destroying this Country...."its the other sides fault.....but not my side"....both parties are fucking this Country up.....there is no leadership and its all about my "party"....

Nonsense.

America is in fact the greatest Nation in the world, and the best America is yet to come.

American society is becoming more diverse, inclusive, and accepting of expressions of individual liberty and rejects the fear and ignorance of the reactionary right hostile to change and the civil liberties of others.

Your post is ignorant, inane, and ridiculous, devoid of any facts or evidence – typical of the fear-mongering gloom and doom tripe propagated by most on the right.
here is another....."its the other parties fault".....you will never see people like this stroonge ever say anything negative about his little precious party...

All the America-hating, Pootarian tee potties - and you know who you are - are more than welcome to move to Russia, where I'm sure you'll be a lot happier.

Leave the US to those who believe in equal rights for all instead of, as you believe, equality only for those with whom you agree.

We've faced a lot worse than your kind in the past and not just survived - we've flourished. I'll gladly take the brown people, black people, gay, transgender, disabled, children, vets and all the rest the right hates so much because they are the strength of my country.

The Pootarian tee potties just drag us down.

But guess what? The majority of America disagrees with your vision of a perfect Marxist Utopia

-Geaux

Forum List

Back