Britain and France

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Is there a reason the major European countries don't have their own thread...like Britain or France?...just curious...

Is there a reason the major European countries don't have their own thread...like Britain or France?...just curious...

Britain and France aren't the main European countries.
They are all on our payroll.

Most regrettably.

Honestly? Most people in the US care less about what's happening in Europe except what they can use as "ammunition" against their political opponents here. So, unless the US is directly impacted in a manner Americans can openly see, like certain areas of the Middle East, it would make for too many subforums that most wouldn't visit anyway.

I follow events in some of the OLD COUNTRY , mostly England / uk but I do look / watch some of Europe also .

Hey WIKI : I've never been out of the USA except for having been in Canada a hundred times over my years and except for easily crossing a border I saw no real difference between USA and Canada . I haven't been in Canada since border security has been increased these last 10 years or so though . I have also been to Mexico down by San Diego once but that trip lasted all of an hour or 2 in slow moving traffic headed back to the USA. I went into Tijuana , didn't like it so I turned around and got out as quick as I could . It looked third worldy plus everyone spoke Spanish which I don't speak . I've gone to UK , England only on overseas message boards but that's the end of my trips to England , UK .. I have traveled all over the USA though and do that traveling mostly by car and motorcycle while camping or while staying in Mom and Pop motels .

the blokes in the UK are alright and I learned a lot about them just talking to them WIKI . I like English and UK/ British history up to about the end of ww2 . After ww2 [about] England and the UK have been going down hill in my opinion .

Last edited:
the blokes in the UK are alright and I learned a lot about them just talking to them WIKI . I like English and UK/ British history up to about the end of ww2 . After ww2 [about] England and the UK have been going down hill in my opinion .
And you arrived at that stunning conclusion having never visit Great Britain... oh apart from internet forums.Would you care to expand as to why you think GB has gone down hill?

just my opinion IP . I don't like their being overrun by immigrants , their lack of American style freedom of speech [Geert Wilders as example] , their lack of handguns except for the elites bodyguards like the retired toni blair . I don't like their theory on self defense where defense needs to be proportional . There are other things but these few things I mention are just initial thoughts but they are more than enough for me . Plus their island is just so tiny but that's not their fault and in the past the English , Welsh , Scots operated in a Glorious fashion from that tiny island .

Last edited:
and if I were to visit that part of the world I'd really be more interested in Wales and Scotland , Isle of Man , and England for the birth of the Café Racer .

USA is / was excellent with Finlanders and Swedes , Chippewa's and others in the U.P. of Michigan along with extreme cold , snow and when I was growing up I had absolute freedom . I hitchhiked all over the USA from the mid to late 60s and I rode my motorcycle all over the North Eastern USA and Canada in the summer of 1969 or 70 Wiki . On all these trips I just slept anywhere I could which would probably land me in jail nowadays and I ate tons of potato chip and white bread sandwiches . I'd meet people my age in little towns as I was traveling and ask them where I could sleep . They'd think it was cool seeing a guy their age traveling on a motorcycle [650 Triumph tr6c] and would help me out . I saw my first Honda inline 750 - 4 in Port Arthur Canada , I think Canada got this groundbreaking motorcycle before the USA got them . Gave my sleeping bag to the Canada to USA toll taker on the international bridge from Sault Ste Marie Canada to the American SOO because I didn't have any money left so he let me go over the bridge for the sleeping bag and he gave me a few bucks which I used to buy some Buglar tobacco , bologna , bread and gas . I got home to my parents house the next day where my dog tried to bite me after I parked the bike and then I gave my MOM a kiss . I had it pretty good !!

Last edited:
course , my reply to you is way off topic of the original post so , I am sorry for that !! Thanks for the interest WIKI but I'll reply or do my travel talk memories to you down in TRAVEL .

just my opinion IP . I don't like their being overrun by immigrants , their lack of American style freedom of speech [Geert Wilders as example] , their lack of handguns except for the elites bodyguards like the retired toni blair . I don't like their theory on self defense where defense needs to be proportional . There are other things but these few things I mention are just initial thoughts but they are more than enough for me . Plus their island is just so tiny but that's not their fault and in the past the English , Welsh , Scots operated in a Glorious fashion from that tiny island .

yes----when they were able to operate like a KING IN A CASTLE SORROUNDED BY A MOAT-------they were great---

yeah ROSIE , they were great , the English , early British civilized the world . Yeah , they were brutal but they moved away from the brutality because they realized that brutality was WRONG . I don't think that ' is ' or the Nazi for example would ever recognize anything they do or did as wrong .

and no matter wots good about the English / British I'm just happy that my ancestors [and maybe yours] kicked their azzez back to old blighty !!

Forum List

Back