America in Permanent Decline?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Have the Obama/Democrat policies lead the country into a time of permanent decline...Eh .. I 'm too much of an optimist to believe it but dang it.... it's not really not looking so good...

-------------------------:confused:

Wednesday in a depressing news poll, Americans revealed that when it comes to the economy, hope for strong recovery is bleak. With only 20% of voters expecting the economy to get better, the mood of the country has soured. Seeing prices rise at the grocery store, gas pumps, and listening to Congress and the White House quibble about the necessity of tightening the belt, lowering debt and raising taxes, well Americans are losing hope.

According to the CBS News Poll released Wednesday, the mood of the country has taken a decidedly pessimistic turn. What is most troubling is that nearly 40% of Americans belive our economy is in a permanent decline.

'It's the Economy, Stupid': Americans... | Gather

First you all want to say he's a continuation of bush, then you say he tanked the country. Make up your fucking minds. You look stupid. Facts of the matter are this....He took the reigns when we were headed for the abyss. The 'I hope he fails' mantra, well, it failed. Get over it. So you had a Black President. So fucking what. He wasn't all that different from the white guys that stuck their dick in you ear for the last 200 years...........

Have the Obama/Democrat policies lead the country into a time of permanent decline...Eh .. I 'm too much of an optimist to believe it but dang it.... it's not really not looking so good...

-------------------------:confused:

Wednesday in a depressing news poll, Americans revealed that when it comes to the economy, hope for strong recovery is bleak. With only 20% of voters expecting the economy to get better, the mood of the country has soured. Seeing prices rise at the grocery store, gas pumps, and listening to Congress and the White House quibble about the necessity of tightening the belt, lowering debt and raising taxes, well Americans are losing hope.

According to the CBS News Poll released Wednesday, the mood of the country has taken a decidedly pessimistic turn. What is most troubling is that nearly 40% of Americans belive our economy is in a permanent decline.

'It's the Economy, Stupid': Americans... | Gather

With schmucks like Obama in the White House nobody feels optimistic.

Reminds me of the Carter years.

I think this nation peaked in the early 70s.

Actually we peaked in the 80s......then the Clintons started driving us into the negativity we're in today. Most of the people running the government are Clintoites.

We have federal judges telling veterans that they have to have their funeral services cleaned of all references of God to make sure that their fake "Separation of Church and State" is adhered to.

Total insanity.

Liberals will be the end of this country.

Last edited:
First you all want to say he's a continuation of bush, then you say he tanked the country. Make up your fucking minds. You look stupid. Facts of the matter are this....He took the reigns when we were headed for the abyss. The 'I hope he fails' mantra, well, it failed. Get over it. So you had a Black President. So fucking what. He wasn't all that different from the white guys that stuck their dick in you ear for the last 200 years...........

There was a time in this country that when the election was over, congress rolled up it's sleeves and worked with the guy that won.

Unfortunately now, we have ultra right wing conservatives that are only interested in one thing. Holding all the reigns of power.

Mitch McConnell defined the Republican strategy, "They want Obama to be a one term President"...and nothing is going to get in their way.

If the economy fails and Obama looks bad. Mission Accomplished.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]YouTube - ‪Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President‬‏[/ame]

They got their orders from this man..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYjWbAU2eU]YouTube - ‪Rush Limbaugh: "I hope Obama fails"‬‏[/ame]

I think this nation peaked in the early 70s.

Actually we peaked in the 80s......then the Clintons started driving us into the negativity we're in today. Most of the people running the government are Clintoites.

We have federal judges telling veterans that they have to have their funeral services cleaned of all references of God to make sure that their fake "Separation of Church and State" is adhered to.

Total insanity.

Liberals will be the end of this country.

When we peaked depends, I suppose, on what one considers is the right thing for the nation as a whole

Middle class and lower purchasing power peaked in the early 70s.

There;es been ups and downs since then, of course, but the trend of the American dream going down the shitter began, I think, in 72.

If the metric you're using to determine the top is different than purcashing power for most Americans, then of course your "TOP" might be slightly later than that.

Funny, no one said a thing about his race.

But you did.

Why does it matter so much to you what color he is?

Are you a racist?

Sure looks that way.

“I will be held accountable. I’ve got four years and … a year from now, I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress, but there’s still going to be some pain out there … If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”

Barack H. Obama
February, 2009

“I will be held accountable. I’ve got four years and … a year from now, I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress, but there’s still going to be some pain out there … If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”

Barack H. Obama
February, 2009
You put the "H" in his name.

Racist!

;)

Barack H. Obama
February, 2009
You put the "H" in his name.

Racist!

;)

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm

Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited:
America has been in decline since the 50's. The 1850's that is. We've had a couple of shining moments in the sun in the last century and a half, but for the most part it's been all downhill because we have abandoned the basic principles, morals and values that this country was founded on. Unless we return to those things this country will continue to decline until we cease to exist, probably within the next half century.

Barack H. Obama
February, 2009

Yeah..I seriously doubt he could have predicted the fierce opposition to everything he does, EVEN WHEN HE TOTALLY CAPITULATES, that the Republicans threw up.

Rachel Maddow sums it up nicely. You may not like her..but she makes some pretty damning points.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2khEV88eteA]YouTube - ‪Maddow Exposes Shameless, Craven Republican Hackery, Flip-Floppery & Rooting For America To Fail‬‏[/ame]

America isn't declining. The rest of the world's economies are rising. Forty years ago, who would have regarded Brazil, India and China as economic partners holding substantial power?

But, hey! Economic Conservatives wanted "free" trade and an elimination of trade protection measures that helped create our strong, vibrant middle class. Well, we got 'em!

Welcome to Globalist Capitalism where labor is merely a commodity and no longer thought of as a customer base.

Barack H. Obama
February, 2009

Yeah..I seriously doubt he could have predicted the fierce opposition to everything he does, EVEN WHEN HE TOTALLY CAPITULATES, that the Republicans threw up.

Rachel Maddow sums it up nicely. You may not like her..but she makes some pretty damning points.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2khEV88eteA]YouTube - ‪Maddow Exposes Shameless, Craven Republican Hackery, Flip-Floppery & Rooting For America To Fail‬‏[/ame]
Two years of absolute power?

He's either feckless or so green that he has no idea what he could and couldn't do. I go with both.

Barack H. Obama
February, 2009

uh, uh, uh

He didn't put any conditions on his statement. He said, and I quote, "If I don't have this done in three years then there's going to be a one-term proposition".

He said he would be held accountable.

He's got six months, give or take. Tick tock.

The blame Republicans meme is soooo 2009 . . .and 2010 . . . and 2011. :rolleyes:

Hey Barry, just a suggestion. Stop demonizing Republicans every chance you get. Go on, give it shot old boy . . . .

btw, Maddow is one of the few MSNBCers that I can actually listen to without wanting to pull my teeth out.

Barack H. Obama
February, 2009

uh, uh, uh

He didn't put any conditions on his statement. He said, and I quote, "If I don't have this done in three years then there's going to be a one-term proposition".

The blame Republicans meme is soooo 2009 . . .and 2010 . . . and 2011. :rolleyes:

Hey Barry, just a suggestion. Stop demonizing Republicans every chance you get. Go on, give it shot old boy . . . .

btw, Maddow is one of the few MSNBCers that I can actually listen to without wanting to pull my teeth out.

On Maddow.. what about pulling off your ears though.. :lol:

YouTube - ‪Maddow Exposes Shameless, Craven Republican Hackery, Flip-Floppery & Rooting For America To Fail‬‏

uh, uh, uh

On Maddow.. what about pulling off your ears though.. :lol:

I don't watch spinmeisters. They just can't compare to watching weasels at the zoo.

Forum List

Back