Amazon?

My younger brother introduced me to Amazon. At first I was more than a bit sceptical of buying goods online. But after he proved to me how reliable they are, I was a gradual convert.

I only really buy books and DVDs on Amazon. Mainly because they're nearly always cheaper to buy than in the shops, but also because they stock very obscure material, especially documentaries. And as a result, my knowledge of ancient history is far greater than I ever thought possible.

Has anyone ever gone to the trouble of writing a consumer review? I have.

Whaca review, Swagger?

JB, even you should be able to distinguish between the Bible and a self-published digital book called "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure."
The only difference I see is that one teaches making child rape victims marry their rapist while the other condemns the rape of children.

oh, and one calls justifies genocide whilst the other doesn't.

There is a fine line between art and obscenity, JB. No one denies that. Wherever it should be drawn, I think all reasonable people would place a "How To" guide on child rape outside the pale.

My younger brother introduced me to Amazon. At first I was more than a bit sceptical of buying goods online. But after he proved to me how reliable they are, I was a gradual convert.

I only really buy books and DVDs on Amazon. Mainly because they're nearly always cheaper to buy than in the shops, but also because they stock very obscure material, especially documentaries. And as a result, my knowledge of ancient history is far greater than I ever thought possible.

Has anyone ever gone to the trouble of writing a consumer review? I have.

Whaca review, Swagger?

Say, for instance, you buy a DVD that you enjoyed far more than you'd expected, Amazon gives consumers the option of writing a review - i.e: I was great. Loved it!

Attached to a lot of the documentaries on offer, Amazon customers often go to the trouble of writing a review so as to guide their fellow enthusiasts. For example. I wanted to find-out more about the Roman transition from paganism to Christianity. This happened mainly during the rule of Constantine. I found what I was looking for mainly due to the written experiences of people who'd watched Bethany Hughs' 'Constantine and the Decline of Empire'. You're more likely to find them attached to non-fiction merchandize.

JB, even you should be able to distinguish between the Bible and a self-published digital book called "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure."
The only difference I see is that one teaches making child rape victims marry their rapist while the other condemns the rape of children.

oh, and one calls justifies genocide whilst the other doesn't.

There is a fine line between art and obscenity, JB. No one denies that. Wherever it should be drawn, I think all reasonable people would place a "How To" guide on child rape outside the pale.
According to what I've read, the author makes a point to condemn rape.

Unlike the author of Leviticus, who treats rape as a property crime against a woman's owner (husband or father)

J'adore Amazon Prime. I signed up shortly after they launched - and use it as much as possible for my shopping needs. Free shipping and special deals make it much more cost effective than driving around from one brick and mortar to another.

Forum List

Back