Amazon continues to amaze me and may just be the greatest creation of my life time

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I ordered some breakfast this morning and when I went to meet the delivery guy outside that's when I found out I had no voice. I cracked the window last night so maybe thats why I came down with a cold. So I didnt feel like getting dressed to pay money for a uber to go to rite aid so I went to amazon to put in cough medicine and had a option to get it delivered today if I spend 25 dollars. I ordered at 12pm and it arrived at 5pm. Now that is wild lol

I ordered some breakfast this morning and when I went to meet the delivery guy outside that's when I found out I had no voice. I cracked the window last night so maybe thats why I came down with a cold. So I didnt feel like getting dressed to pay money for a uber to go to rite aid so I went to amazon to put in cough medicine and had a option to get it delivered today if I spend 25 dollars. I ordered at 12pm and it arrived at 5pm. Now that is wild lol
And you don't get to see or care what happens in the warehouse (to the employees) on the backend that makes the delivery of something you could have driven to your local drug store and gotten in 10 minutes.

And you don't get to see or care what happens in the warehouse (to the employees) on the backend that makes the delivery of something you could have driven to your local drug store and gotten in 10 minutes.
I dont drive and need cough medicine fast

I am envious of your wealth. I will walk barefoot in a snowstorm with a cold to get cough medicine that is $2 cheaper than at my local phamacy.

Amazon continues to amaze me​

Yep, they are just amazing. In the last couple months ordering stuff off Amazon, one item was not as they advertised it causing me 4X the work to compensate for the change, all much lost time, another item wasn't at all what it was supposed to be making it unusable, and three other items proved defective. Fortunately, two of those items were repairable by me. Because of that first false advertising and one item not being what it was supposed to be, in order to use as is and get the job done, I had to order three other items to compensate costing me an additional $67.

I have one last item arriving on Monday. Assuming that reasonably works, I will now have at least two items to return, the one totally not what it was supposed to be and the other just not working right, then a long call with Amazon to chew them a new asshole on why I should have to bear an additional $67 for their inability to police their own ads accurately or do reasonable QC.

My dad did not drink but he had a bottle of Early Times he would mix with honey when he had a bad cold.....That bottle is still up where he left it at my mom's house.....It must be 40+ years old by now.
My friend found a bottle of Dimple Pinch his father had hidden away in the late 70's while cleaning out his house.
First pull, was AWESOME. Second??..we later realize that the bottom of the diamond bottle was..green...shoulda been our first clue. :)

The delivery system has improved dramatically the last two years.

Walmart can get most anything to by the next day at the latest, including prescriptions.

Thank you, Mr. Biden, for cleaning up the previous administration's messes. :) (having fun here)

All have a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season and Happy New Year.

Walmart does that as well if it is too dippy for them to ship and they have in stock at the local store. I stuck on a cheap few dollar clock to get me over the hump for free shipping as it was cheaper than the shipping would have been and an hour later I got a text and sure enough that dippy clock was on my front porch LOL.

Forum List

Back