Amazon and Microsoft battling for war cloud defense contract

Frannie

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2019
‘War cloud’: Amazon and Microsoft battle for $10 billion Pentagon fund

Amazon and Microsoft are battling it out over a $10 billion opportunity to build the U.S. military its first "war cloud" computing system. But Amazon's early hopes of a shock-and-awe victory may be slipping away.

Formally called the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure plan, or JEDI, the military's computing project would store and process vast amounts of classified data, allowing the Pentagon to use artificial intelligence to speed up its war planning and fighting capabilities. The Defense Department hopes to award the winner-take-all contract as soon as August. Oracle and IBM were eliminated at an earlier round of the contract competition.

Clearly the Govt has not been paying attention....:26:

skynet-climate.jpg

• Banned
JEDI?

Are they serious with this nonsense?
Actually F18's are being followed by alien ships, they broke the story about a month ago.

All will be common knowledge soon enough

Last edited:
When’s the last time MS succeeded at anything?

110 billion in revenue last year with 21.5 billion returned to investors in the way of dividends and share repurchases. All while you spent your year being bitter on an internet forum about being replaced by a more qualified "foreigner"

110 billion in revenue last year with 21.5 billion returned to investors in the way of dividends and share repurchases. All while you spent your year being bitter on an internet forum about being replaced by a more qualified "foreigner"
I was wondering why those “qualified” Indians are crying that they’re being sent home because they’re failing their new interviews.

Financial success is not taking tax money and properly executing a mission.
Of all people, it should upset you that you will be taxed for a project doomed to failure.

MS's focus for a generation has been business software, apps, etc. home users just pay the bills. That said, XBox sure has been an abject financial failure for them :abgg2q.jpg:

MS's focus for a generation has been business software, apps, etc. home users just pay the bills. That said, XBox sure has been an abject financial failure for them :abgg2q.jpg:
Xbox has been their only success.
Their other software hasn’t changed since, perhaps, 2000.
I guess you own a Zune?
And the latest version of Office, SQL Server, Windows?

Give me Apple any day for the release of products that live up to the hype.

I guess you own a Zune?

I don't know what a Zune is, and you are free to use whatever you want to use. That said, XBox has only recently surpassed their commercial sales in the last year or two. It doesn't matter that the other stuff doesn't change much (though that is arguable). You will buy 1 copy of office. The US government and Wall Street will buy them by the boatload (well technically more licensed downloads now). The latter do not want radical change. They want the 70 year old Secretary with the smoker's cough to still be able to use it like she could 30 years ago when she was banging the Board.

I guess you own a Zune?

I don't know what a Zune is, and you are free to use whatever you want to use. That said, XBox has only recently surpassed their commercial sales in the last year or two. It doesn't matter that the other stuff doesn't change much (though that is arguable). You will buy 1 copy of office. The US government and Wall Street will buy them by the boatload (well technically more licensed downloads now). The latter do not want radical change. They want the 70 year old Secretary with the smoker's cough to still be able to use it like she could 30 years ago when she was banging the Board.
The why do they spend billions every year to upgrade shit that no one buys?
MS flushes money down the drain to try and maintain an image that they still count.
I go to TheVerge every week and MS has failed on every idea they’ve had in the last 20 years.
Their programmers suck.

I guess you own a Zune?

You need to get off your web tv

I guess you own a Zune?

MS flushes money down the drain to try and maintain an image that they still count.
I go to TheVerge every week and MS has failed on every idea they’ve had in the last 20 years.
Their programmers suck.
Research and development goofy

Dumbass question.

Microsoft, Apple and Amazon have been dueling for the most valuable company IN THE WORLD for some time now.

And yes, Microsoft has a CLEAR edge on the cloud.

I ALWAYS laugh at simpletons who dis Microsoft because they don't like a new operating system or some other bullshit.

‘War cloud’: Amazon and Microsoft battle for $10 billion Pentagon fund

Amazon and Microsoft are battling it out over a $10 billion opportunity to build the U.S. military its first "war cloud" computing system. But Amazon's early hopes of a shock-and-awe victory may be slipping away.

Formally called the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure plan, or JEDI, the military's computing project would store and process vast amounts of classified data, allowing the Pentagon to use artificial intelligence to speed up its war planning and fighting capabilities. The Defense Department hopes to award the winner-take-all contract as soon as August. Oracle and IBM were eliminated at an earlier round of the contract competition.
Can we have Amazon and Microsoft actually battle it out...as in, they will try to literally destroy each other, and the one left barely standing gets the contract?

Put it on TV.

:beer:

I guess you own a Zune?

Their programmers suck.

Jealously is an ugly thing!

Just get over it dude, you lost out to a better candidate. It happens. This bitterness is going to kill you from the inside

Forum List

Back