Amazing Duet: Marisa Monte and David Burne

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009

They teamed up on Jobim's classic "Waters of March". This was the first time I heard Marisa and I was instantly obsessed with her electric tupelo honey voice

They teamed up on Jobim's classic "Waters of March". This was the first time I heard Marisa and I was instantly obsessed with her electric tupelo honey voice

I fucking LOVE Marisa Monte. I would have her babies.

---- how many artists do you know that play vacuum cleaner?

(edit -- fixed bad second link)

Check out the Tribalistas videos Frank. :thup:

Last edited:

OMFG!!

Pogo!!! OMFG!!!

She's one of the few artists I'll actually make sure I see when she's in NY.

She's been at the Beacon theater a few times.

OMFG!!

Pogo!!! OMFG!!!

She's one of the few artists I'll actually make sure I see when she's in NY.

She's been at the Beacon theater a few times.

Lucky bastid! I'd make a trip for that.

One memorable week I went to NYC like four nights in a row to see Caetano Veloso, Leni Andrade (subbing for Gal Costa), João Bosco and the tour de force, João Gilberto. Commuted from Philly every night, and went back to work the next mornings early. Perhaps it was tiring but I don't remember that part -- actually I don't remember the work either, just the music.

Here's a good show:

Last edited:
She's a force too. She's like the Beatles or Zappa, she owns her catalog so she does what she wants when she wants. One tiny downside is that there are no vendors selling T shirts or CD's or loose joints at her shows

I think she's in NY about every three years on average. Worth the trip. Lots of Brazilians in the audience makes for a very fun and high energy show

She's a force too. She's like the Beatles or Zappa, she owns her catalog so she does what she wants when she wants. One tiny downside is that there are no vendors selling T shirts or CD's or loose joints at her shows

I think she's in NY about every three years on average. Worth the trip. Lots of Brazilians in the audience makes for a very fun and high energy show

Oh hell yeah. She writes, sings, plays instruments, produces records and videos, leads the band -- she does it all.

Another sweet duet, with Cesária Évora ... "Mar Azul" from Portuguese TV:

This is another of my boss faves -- Gilberto Gil actually makes an Ovation guitar sound good here (!) and does a great accompanying vocal, first in unison, then in the last verse going up a third above her---

Forum List

Back