Amateur psychiatry in today's politics. Who's really crazy?

I think there's a distinction between "crazed" and "crazy".

A perfectly sane and intelligent person can become afflicted with a hardcore partisan ideology that makes them somewhat crazed.

It doesn't mean they're crazy 24/7, but their perceptions and thought processes have become somewhat distorted by the affliction.

Yes, such as hard-core centrist like yourself who thinks the "middle-ground" is always good, no matter what.

This guy is a centrist in centrism for pete's sake.
Please see the second line of my sig. That untruth is addressed there.

>>>And for the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist or moderate or impartial or a fence-sitter, please see - Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Even the message board has recognized the lie - reporting an error when you attempt to claim such.

I get it, I get it, you want to appease everyone at the same time. I don't think I have read a single position of yours that wasn't motivated by appeasing in favor of actual arguments and evidence.

We have a term for this phenomenon - cuck.
About the response I expected, thanks. I get that one from both "ends", and it's a good sign.

A perfectly sane and intelligent person can become afflicted with a hardcore partisan ideology that makes them somewhat crazed.

It doesn't mean they're crazy 24/7, but their perceptions and thought processes have become somewhat distorted by the affliction.

Yes, such as hard-core centrist like yourself who thinks the "middle-ground" is always good, no matter what.

>>>And for the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist or moderate or impartial or a fence-sitter, please see - Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Even the message board has recognized the lie - reporting an error when you attempt to claim such.

I get it, I get it, you want to appease everyone at the same time. I don't think I have read a single position of yours that wasn't motivated by appeasing in favor of actual arguments and evidence.

About the response I expected, thanks. I get that one from both "ends", and it's a good sign.

Yes, it's the perfect sign that you are perfectly cucked - which I suppose is your goal. Instead of trying to figure out the truth, why not just try to appease everyone maximally and self-erase all of your actual opinions / facts.

It doesn't take a genius to expect the response when indeed, it says "error" in the link you referred to.

Yes, it's the perfect sign that you are perfectly cucked - which I suppose is your goal. Instead of trying to figure out the truth, why not just try to appease everyone maximally and self-erase all of your actual opinions / facts.

It doesn't take a genius to expect the response when indeed, it says "error" in the link you referred to.
What you don't understand is that my opinions are just as strong as yours. The difference is that mine don't obediently fall in line with either "side".

I take incoming from both "sides" every day here. I don't have an ideological "safe space" to hide in like you do. Takes more effort.

Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung notwithstanding, the impact of their influence has been long supplanted by the emergence of psychotropic drugs in the 1950’s and 60’s. Recalcitrant schoolchildren are now chemically controlled like zoo animals and modern professional psychiatry has been in a credibility holding pattern for many decades.

Conversely amateur psychiatry is not only ubiquitous, it is rampant. Nowhere is this more evident than in contemporary politics and mass media. The president has come under fire in recent weeks from bush league psychiatry in the press and the political arena that has a nearly hysterical aspect to it.

Surprisingly a lot of jack leg psychiatry is being practiced by trained psychiatrists who are chiming in on the mental health of a president they have not examined or even met. This isn’t new. In 1964 When Barry Goldwater was running for president against Lyndon Johnson, Fact Magazine published a poll of nearly 1200 psychiatrists saying that Goldwater was psychologically unfit to lead the country. Not one of them had ever personally examined Goldwater.

Goldwater lost in a landslide and filed a winning suit against the magazine. This gave rise to section 7 of the American Psychiatric Association’s (APA) Principles of Medical Ethics, better known as the “Goldwater Rule” stating that is unethical to make a clinical diagnosis or give a professional opinion without personally examining the patient.

Ethics, medical or otherwise, have been in short supply in our society and today they are apparently seen as optional, replaced by winning at all costs. Armchair psychoanalysis of a president is going to be on the table because the desperation of the losing side is as bottomless as it is intense.

Everything they had hoped for, all their dreams and the fundamental construct of their dearly held worldview came under threat when the president got elected. This drove them over the edge and they lost their sanity. This of course is an amateur psychiatric diagnosis but it’s as good as any.

They will not civilly and sanely step aside and accept reality. They will stop at nothing short of impeachment. Everything in their delusional toolbox is a weapon to dismantle the windmill of Donald Trump. Trump has gone from an object of their hatred to a suicidal fetish.

A rigid inability to face an election that was lost and let it go is stark proof of an illness that has progressed to psychosis.

'There is more to the 5-axis diagnosis than a personal interview, and it is my understanding that the "Goldwater rule" is not the be all end all of the process.

For the record, Trump is the President of the United States. However he did not win the popular vote and his behavior during the first year of his presidency is problematic.

Donald Trump's Windmill, is mostly hot air. It changes, sometimes hourly, and even if he is consistent in a message, his handlers spin the mill to make it seem to be sane. It is not by any stretch of the imagination sane.

The evidence that he is a least a bubble off center, is obvious in his tweets, in his speeches and in his denial of things obvious to most citizens.

I give the same advice to you, get a copy of DSM5. It provides definitions which give a clue as to the mental health of the President, and people you know well and only socially. It is estimated that nearly 50% of the population have or will have a diagnosed mental issue in their lifetime. However, only a very few have the power that does Trump.

..."some psychiatrists and other mental-health professionals are shedding long-held norms to argue that Trump’s condition presents risks to the nation and the world. “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump” features more than two dozen essays breaking down the president’s perceived traits, which the contributors find consistent with symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder, sociopathy and other maladies."
Review | Is Trump mentally ill? Or is America? Psychiatrists weigh in.

It is your understanding that the Goldwater Rule is not the end all be all of the process? Fine. Then do tell me how you get around the fact that you're all basing your diagnosis off of the interpretation of his public political statements as seen through your political lenses. You can't even address a Trump quote without assuming that its meaning and motives were the absolute darkest examples that could possibly be attributed to it, and people are supposed to believe that you can put together an accurate analysis based on your obvious, intense biases? LO fucking L. Are there a lot of titans of the psychology or psychiatry fields who would expect accurate results from a psychoanalysis performed by someone with an intensely emotional loathing of the subject?

Last edited:

What you don't understand is that my opinions are just as strong as yours. The difference is that mine don't obediently fall in line with either "side".

I take incoming from both "sides" every day here. I don't have an ideological "safe space" to hide in like you do. Takes more effort.

My "opinions" are worth years of research in how to arrive at particular goals, your opinions are arrived at looking at the general populace and taking the exact middle position that's supposed to appease everyone at the same time - avoiding all confrontation.

Your route is the easiest route one could possibly imagine. No need to argue with anyone as the maximal number of people already agree with you - even if they are wrong. This is the reason you are taking it indeed.

Ideological safe space is the definition of your ideology.

My "opinions" are worth years of research in how to arrive at particular goals, your opinions are arrived at looking at the general populace and taking the exact middle position that's supposed to appease everyone at the same time - avoiding all confrontation.

Your route is the easiest route one could possibly imagine. No need to argue with anyone as the maximal number of people already agree with you - even if they are wrong. This is the reason you are taking it indeed.

Now you're just making stuff up to fit your agenda. Standard partisan behavior.

A partisan ideologue's biggest enemy isn't a partisan ideologue from the "other side". They're easy.

A partisan ideologue's biggest enemy is those of us who choose to think for ourselves, because that exposes partisans for what they are.

A partisan ideologue's biggest enemy isn't a partisan ideologue from the "other side". They're easy.

A partisan ideologue's biggest enemy is those of us who choose to think for ourselves, because that exposes partisans for what they are.

It's quite comical how each of your posts projects on what you are doing. Here, you are the one making stuff up.

I am confident, that the middle-roader isn't the biggest enemy of the partisan. Normies generally subjugate to the powers that be. The partisan rhetoric of yours is stupid anyway and an obvious product of your ideology where the middle road is always the best regardless of any facts. Anyone who believes in the "middle" opinion is correct, even if the position is blatantly wrong.

Making stuff up, not unexpected from an extremely extreme centrist.

It's quite comical how each of your posts projects on what you are doing. Here, you are the one making stuff up.

I am confident, that the middle-roader isn't the biggest enemy of the partisan. Normies generally subjugate to the powers that be. The partisan rhetoric of yours is stupid anyway and an obvious product of your ideology where the middle road is always the best regardless of any facts. Anyone who believes in the "middle" opinion is correct, even if the position is blatantly wrong.

Sounds good. I'm sure you and your end of the spectrum have all the answers.

Of course, I say the same thing to LEFT wing partisan ideologues, too.

Opposite sides of the same coin.

Ummm, I don't need to defend Mac, he is certainly capable of doing that himself, but I must suggest that-------------> If the furthest right position is held by people like David Duke, and the furthest left position is held by people like Moonbeam, or De commie-o, then in reality, we are all somewhat, centrist.

Would those leaning right elect for President David Duke over Joe Mansion? Would those on the left elect De-Commie-O over Kasich?

You see, we all have a centrist reality in us, and if we don't and would actually try and make a case to elect either of these people over a centrist from the other side, we are not only crazy, we are dangerous!

Sounds good. I'm sure you and your end of the spectrum have all the answers.

Of course, I say the same thing to LEFT wing partisan ideologues, too.

Opposite sides of the same coin.

What an argument... Your extreme centrist ideology is so severe, that you don't even listen to the facts. Just bypass them boldly claiming "that would be partisan to believe!".

I have never claimed to have all the answers, and I can assure you I can't care less about your spectrum. I simply have goals and the scientific answers at how to arrive at those goals.

So probably do you, your goal must be to be approved by everyone. The best way to do that is to accept the super moderate positions and put fingers into ones ears. Vastly different goal than mine for sure...

Ummm, I don't need to defend Mac, he is certainly capable of doing that himself, but I must suggest that-------------> If the furthest right position is held by people like David Duke, and the furthest left position is held by people like Moonbeam, or De commie-o, then in reality, we are all somewhat, centrist.

Would those leaning right elect for President David Duke over Joe Mansion? Would those on the left elect De-Commie-O over Kasich?

You see, we all have a centrist reality in us, and if we don't and would actually try and make a case to elect either of these people over a centrist from the other side, we are not only crazy, we are dangerous!
Sure, it all lies on a continuum, like most things. The problem now is that the ends of the spectrum have become so binary in their behaviors that they are not willing to see something that obvious.

To me, it's not the issues they believe in, it's the behaviors they exhibit. That's the "fence" for me. And the behaviors of the two ends of the spectrum are so consistently similar that it's terribly easy to point out. They're on the same side of that fence.

They get angry because they hate being equated in any way to those they so loathe.

Pretty irrelevant shit. That you are a extremely right or left winged is not an argument. Mac is using it as the ultimate ad-hominem.

We have a factual reality in us if we so choose. And whether someone is centrist, leftist, or right-winger has precisely zero to do with any of the arguments they state, and whether said arguments are correct or incorrect.

Sedition is practiced using many different tactics.

Failing to produce any evidence of the fictitious crimes they have accused Trump of, having been proven wrong about their predictions of failure and armageddon by Trump's record-setting success, the traitors now seek to publicly question the President's sanity.

He has bested them at their every attempt. This latest ploy proves they are desperate and there is no low they are not willing to sink to.
/----/ The practice of the American hating liberals (that would include all liberals) is to throw as much mud against their opponents regardless if it's true or made up BS and overwhelm them to the point their heads spin and eventually give up and go away. It's the only way liberals can advance their agenda.
1234.jpg

Sure, it all lies on a continuum, like most things. The problem now is that the ends of the spectrum have become so binary in their behaviors that they are not willing to see something that obvious.

To me, it's not the issues they believe in, it's the behaviors they exhibit. That's the "fence" for me. And the behaviors of the two ends of the spectrum are so consistently similar that it's terribly easy to point out. They're on the same side of that fence.

They get angry because they hate being equated in any way to those they so loathe.

I lean right Mac, but I used to be a Democrat, so I know from whence they came.

Let me say something to those on the right, and if they are young, it will SHOCK them----------->

Many, not ALL........of the positions the Republican party today stands for, USED to be the realm of the Democrats! Most of these positions that used to be held by Democrats, started dissipating when LBJ got elected, and has continued down that path since then.

Doubt me?

Check it out!

So, when many on the right crow their position on illegal immigration, they are standing EXACTLY where the Democrats used to stand; nothing new. When they take their position on the military, or tax cuts, do they remember Kennedy? And those that point at Kennedy on tax cuts that worked, do they even think to look back at the Republican Coolidge?

People on this board need to realize that---->Great Presidents......along with terrible ones........are not born into a party, they are born into America. And like it or not, to elect them, it usually takes a certain amount of votes from the other side, to put them in power!

/----/

/----/ Years ago, a college professor described the political spectrum not as a straight line but a horseshoe. He said the extreme ends of the left and right are closer to agreement than the typical liberal and conservative. It always made sense but today it's even more apparent.

/----/ Years ago, a college professor described the political spectrum not as a straight line but a horseshoe. He said the extreme ends of the left and right are closer to agreement than the typical liberal and conservative. It always made sense but today it's even more apparent.
1234a.jpg horseshoe21.png

/----/

View attachment 170224 View attachment 170225
Yes, I very much agree with the "political horseshoe" idea, and I believe it's the behaviors of the wings that make it so accurate.

Surprisingly a lot of jack leg psychiatry is being practiced by trained psychiatrists who are chiming in on the mental health of a president they have not examined or even met. This isn’t new. In 1964 When Barry Goldwater was running for president against Lyndon Johnson, Fact Magazine published a poll of nearly 1200 psychiatrists saying that Goldwater was psychologically unfit to lead the country. Not one of them had ever personally examined Goldwater.

You mean Barry "Deep Down you Know He's Nuts" Goldwater? The thing was, everyone DID know he was crazy. But this was in the good old days when you didn't elect crazy people.

Which is why he lost 44 states.

Ethics, medical or otherwise, have been in short supply in our society and today they are apparently seen as optional, replaced by winning at all costs. Armchair psychoanalysis of a president is going to be on the table because the desperation of the losing side is as bottomless as it is intense.

Or most sensible people who aren't drinking the Trump Koolaid realize there is something seriously wrong with the man.

Probably several things.

But there's a simple enough solution. Order a pyschological exam of the man.

Yawn still waiting for your raging moderate movement to save us Mac.

Oh, wait, only thing in the middle of the road are yellow lines and dead skunks.

Oh, bullshit. You are just pissy because you can't get the left to buy into your worldview.

Save us the holier than thou bullshit.

Forum List

Back