Am I the only one who does this?

are you the only one who will endanger someone's live to prove a point? i hope so.

It's funny how differently people will sometimes act when they are in their car. I would never have done what either one of these drivers did. Not worth it to jump the line, not worth it to prove a point.

Oh live it up, Amanda. Be wild and crazy :lol:

I want to live long enough so that I can live it up. I would be so embarrassed to get to heaven and have to explain why I was arriving early. :tongue:

It's funny how differently people will sometimes act when they are in their car. I would never have done what either one of these drivers did. Not worth it to jump the line, not worth it to prove a point.

Oh live it up, Amanda. Be wild and crazy :lol:

I want to live long enough so that I can live it up. I would be so embarrassed to get to heaven and have to explain why I was arriving early. :tongue:

Take a lawyer with you :lol:

My favorite are when ignorant and oblivious assholes either don't pay attention to motorcyclists (and I am a motorcyclist...), or they decide to cut them off because they figure they're not at risk and the motorcyclist is and will give way

One of the main reasons I carry a nice length of heavy chain, and always have 4 golf balls in my pockets when I ride

Last edited:
Just remeber MF you may find yourself in a similar situation one day.

My favorite are when ignorant and oblivious assholes either don't pay attention to motorcyclists (and I am a motorcyclist...), or they decide to cut them off because they figure they're not at risk and the motorcyclist is and will give way

One of the main reasons I carry a nice length of heavy chain, and always have 4 golf balls in my pockets when I ride
A lot of times cars/pickups do not see you on the motorcycle. I been in some close calls while on ours.

A lot of times cars/pickups do not see you on the motorcycle. I been in some close calls while on ours.

Believe me... with the pipes I have.. they certainly can HEAR I am there... loud pipes save lives baby...

That's pretty much why I stopped riding to be honest.

Back when I was an orthopedic Cast room tech in the NAV ST, Albans Naval Hospital had two orthopedia wards.

Now 1971-72 were the worst year for casualties in Viet Nam, right?

But here's the thing...HALF the people in the beds for orthepedics were there because some motorist didn't see some guy on a motorcycle.

FWIW the neurosurgical wards had about the same percentage of people in thier beds because of motorcycle accidents, too...about half the patients were there because of motorcycles.

Riding motor cycles in America was, statistically speaking, more dangerous than being stationed in Viet Nam duing Viet Nam's most DANGEROUS period.

All that being said, riding iron is one of the two funnest things one can do with a machine stuck between your legs.

If you're a man, it is the number ONE funnest thing you can do with a machine between your legs.

Last edited:
Agreed----sold mine after my wife became pregant and while working in the emergency room.

I had the feelnig that I had already pushed my luck about as far as I was willing to.

I think there was wrong on both sides. No, he was no OBLIGATED to let her in, but it would have been the descent thing to do. But then, the only reason she was in the right lane was that she thought she could be smart and pass everyone up and then hope someone would let her in. WRONG way..That's a "me first" attitude, which doesn't win any friends. But then after the accident, to turn around and walk away under those wintery conditions is down right MEAN. But then again, she got what she deserved by being in the ditch. BUT, what would it have cost him to let her in? So she was in the wrong, so what. I have no sympathy nor liking toward anyone who is just plain rotten and mean for no good reason at all.

You might be the only person who does it but I suspect not. I can tell you where I live we have plenty of driver who do similar things, just on the other side of the road.

By the way, did you comply with Michigan state law regarding reporting involvement in an accident?

That's why I stopped. No damage or injury, no report needed. Even if a report had been necessary, she would have had some 'splainin' to do.

I'd be tempted, and your story was funny, but seriously...10 degrees, icy roads? This woman could easily die out there...you should have let her use your phone.

This occurred within 3/8 mile of a major highway interchange. There were 4 gas stations within 200 yards, and 1 within 100 yards.

a lot of bullshit is brought on by this attitude the one of the driver in the other car...mf attitude and now lets toss in dd with the chains...hello? are yall watching too many fucking reruns of "road warriors" or what? my beef with motorcycles? they ride two or three abreast just like street bikers...now why should i have to watch the reactions of 2 or 3 drivers? why not ride single file like the law says...as for cutting you off....i try real hard not to do that...but then i have had crotch rockets nearly take my side mirrors off with their helmets...i assure you i am not trying to run anyone off the road or prove a point...again i am simply trying to make it home alive and safe...and its a bunch of assholes like yall....endangering others to prove some damned point to whom?

the lady was wrong but so was mf...give it a damned break and quit acting like "kings of the road"

a lot of bullshit is brought on by this attitude the one of the driver in the other car...mf attitude and now lets toss in dd with the chains...hello? are yall watching too many fucking reruns of "road warriors" or what? my beef with motorcycles? they ride two or three abreast just like street bikers...now why should i have to watch the reactions of 2 or 3 drivers? why not ride single file like the law says...as for cutting you off....i try real hard not to do that...but then i have had crotch rockets nearly take my side mirrors off with their helmets...i assure you i am not trying to run anyone off the road or prove a point...again i am simply trying to make it home alive and safe...and its a bunch of assholes like yall....endangering others to prove some damned point to whom?

the lady was wrong but so was mf...give it a damned break and quit acting like "kings of the road"

Real riders have a lot of beefs with crotch rocketeers as well... I certainly am not defending the actions that a lot of those nutjobs do on the roads..

As for chains and gold balls... I assure you that after golf balls head toward and hit your windshield at 65MPH, or you get a chain across the hood of your nice shiny BMW... you certainly will not forget it and be a little more aware of motorcyclists in the future... and that may just save a fellow biker's life in the future

I'd be tempted, and your story was funny, but seriously...10 degrees, icy roads? This woman could easily die out there...you should have let her use your phone.

This occurred within 3/8 mile of a major highway interchange. There were 4 gas stations within 200 yards, and 1 within 100 yards.
Still...icy conditions. She could have slipped and fell and been run over by a skidding car...just sayin.

As for chains and gold balls... I assure you that after golf balls head toward and hit your windshield at 65MPH, or you get a chain across the hood of your nice shiny BMW... you certainly will not forget it and be a little more aware of motorcyclists in the future... and that may just save a fellow biker's life in the future

sorry the quote thing is getting too long....

o give me a break first of all i dont drive a shiney bmw...i wished....your fixation not mine...so you think damaging a windshield and lowering the chances of the oncoming driver seeing...is a good thing....how much of a damned waste of skin are you?
you think startling a driver by crashing their hood or whatever with a chain is doing something for safety sakes? you are on a highway where innocent people can become involved in your crap..give it a rest and drive safely....

Real riders have a lot of beefs with crotch rocketeers as well... I certainly am not defending the actions that a lot of those nutjobs do on the roads..

Jeesh. Hitting a care with a golf ball while it's doing 65 mph...you aren't just making a point, your potentially causing an accident that could cause other drivers to lose their lives.

We don't know; this lady could've pulled into the right lane because she was confused for one reason or another. Once out there she may well have thought there was a way out of her dilemma up ahead. She may have followed someone else who was able to get back in right away while she was left stranded. It speaks to her frame of mind that she drove until her car was disabled. Rather than do that I'd think a clear thinking person would've leaned out their window and made a face to face appeal to someone to let her in.

None of this is known.

I do know this much, I often find myself waiting to cross a long lane of traffic or to get into it. The positive feeling that I get from the admission into that lane by some anonymous and generous person is passed on as an expression of goodwill soon after that. I'd hate to think what the opposite expression promotes.

One value of your telling this story is that you get a good idea of how some other people feel. Maybe next time you'll try the course of generosity and see how that feels. All it takes is a small hand signal, holding back a little, and maybe a few seconds of delay.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back