Am I the only one who does this?

You might be the only person who does it but I suspect not. I can tell you where I live we have plenty of driver who do similar things, just on the other side of the road.

By the way, did you comply with Michigan state law regarding reporting involvement in an accident?

That's why I stopped. No damage or injury, no report needed. Even if a report had been necessary, she would have had some 'splainin' to do.

Did she get your details?

Sadly, some other retard motorist probably would have run over the cop as he was doing it.

I'll bet she doesn't do it again. I don't see why you should endanger yourself if you're not in danger from her, you know what I mean? I mean, yeah, if you think you're going to get hit, then give way. If not, and by giving way, you're at risk yourself then why should you?

I generally have kids in my car, though. I give other drivers every consideration because I don't want their stupidity to hurt my kids. I don't generally play games on the road. But nothing pisses me off more than #1, people who pass on the right, #2 people who pass on the SHOULDER on the right, and #3 people who drive recklessly in crappy weather.

a lot of bullshit is brought on by this attitude the one of the driver in the other car...mf attitude and now lets toss in dd with the chains...hello? are yall watching too many fucking reruns of "road warriors" or what? my beef with motorcycles? they ride two or three abreast just like street bikers...now why should i have to watch the reactions of 2 or 3 drivers? why not ride single file like the law says...as for cutting you off....i try real hard not to do that...but then i have had crotch rockets nearly take my side mirrors off with their helmets...i assure you i am not trying to run anyone off the road or prove a point...again i am simply trying to make it home alive and safe...and its a bunch of assholes like yall....endangering others to prove some damned point to whom?

the lady was wrong but so was mf...give it a damned break and quit acting like "kings of the road"

I was rear ended by a "biker" at a stop light once, it was funnier than shit. Decimated his saddle bags, laid the bike down. What a goober. I told him we could always report it....but if we did he was going to get nailed because he rearended us at a stoplight, hellowwww...so he picked up the pieces of his saddlebags and went on his merry way.

You might be the only person who does it but I suspect not. I can tell you where I live we have plenty of driver who do similar things, just on the other side of the road.

By the way, did you comply with Michigan state law regarding reporting involvement in an accident?

That's why I stopped. No damage or injury, no report needed. Even if a report had been necessary, she would have had some 'splainin' to do.

There was no damage and no injury. She did initially ask for my information. When I told her that I would be happy to oblige her as long as a police report were filed, she decided she no longer wanted them.

I think there was wrong on both sides. No, he was no OBLIGATED to let her in, but it would have been the descent thing to do. But then, the only reason she was in the right lane was that she thought she could be smart and pass everyone up and then hope someone would let her in. WRONG way..That's a "me first" attitude, which doesn't win any friends. But then after the accident, to turn around and walk away under those wintery conditions is down right MEAN. But then again, she got what she deserved by being in the ditch. BUT, what would it have cost him to let her in? So she was in the wrong, so what. I have no sympathy nor liking toward anyone who is just plain rotten and mean for no good reason at all.

That's not being rotten and mean for no reason at all. That's called day after day, trying to patiently wait your turn in line while watching a swarm of vultures continually haul ass up to the front them almost cause an accident shoving their way in because they figure no one will hit them. There probably wouldn't BE a line if not for them.

I despise people like that and it has nothing to do with being ... well rotten, anyway. It's got to do with them thinking they are better than everyone else, their time is more precious and they are above the rules. If you haul ass up on me like that and try to shove your way in, good luck.

And I drive a big fukkin truck with a small aresenal inside. Start some shit. I aim to accomodate.:badgrin:

There was no damage and no injury. She did initially ask for my information. When I told her that I would be happy to oblige her as long as a police report were filed, she decided she no longer wanted them.

So she might not sue you then? That was close :lol:

Does anyone do this? I live in a city which was considered rural 20 years ago, and wasn't even part of the Metro Area. Now, It's fully developed and well within the Metro Area, but the cops still have a small town mentality. In other words, we have a lot of speed traps. Most of the roads through town are two lanes with low speed limits and no passing. I get a lot of people who are trying to go through town in order to bypass a backup on one freeway and/or get on another freeway, and for some reason they usually end up tailgating me because they don't like going 30 MPH in a 30MPH zone.

Here's how I like to handle that situation. If I know a speed trap is coming up, and some jackass is riding 3 feet off my bumper, I'll slow down. I'll go 25 MPH or 20 MPH, then I'll pull over to the shoulder and wave them by. They all do the same thing, they gun their engines and flip me off as they drive by, I guess they think they're teaching me a lesson or something. Anyway, the result is that they are going about 50MPH when they hit the radar zone.

As I drive by them right after they've been pulled over, I like to give them a couple of quick honks just to let them know that I was very impressed with their driving skills and that I was deeply hurt by their giving me the finger. Many days I don't even fully recover from the knowledge that someone out there doesn't appreciate my driving skills.:evil:

do you approach going out on the road as a game....you vs. everyone else....do you have some image of yourself as giver of justice to all others or what....

i do not understand the need to go out on public roads and playing fucking stupid ass mind games...o you were rude to me...let me make the scenario more dangerous? what kind of attitude breeds that kinda contempt for fellow motorists?

I'll tell you what breeds contempt. Driving 3 feet behind someone on a road that has dips and rises and plenty of blind curves. As far as my being some sort of justice giver, I don't do the speeding and I don't hand out the tickets.

do you approach going out on the road as a game....you vs. everyone else....do you have some image of yourself as giver of justice to all others or what....

i do not understand the need to go out on public roads and playing fucking stupid ass mind games...o you were rude to me...let me make the scenario more dangerous? what kind of attitude breeds that kinda contempt for fellow motorists?

Scare the ever living shit out of them once, and amazingly enough, a lot of them smarten up and quit being dicks.

I'll tell you what breeds contempt. Driving 3 feet behind someone on a road that has dips and rises and plenty of blind curves. As far as my being some sort of justice giver, I don't do the speeding and I don't hand out the tickets.

I fnd a tap on the brakes works wonders. You can look in the rear vision mirror and watch. Their eyes widen, they start grimacing as they hit the brakes and if they're on the ball they can see your eyes in your rear vision mirror, staring at them.

Sometimes they get angry and they pull up alongside and yell at you.

Then you wind the window down and shoot the fuckers. They don't do it again.

Sorry I was in touch with my inner Charles Bronson.

Does anyone do this? I live in a city which was considered rural 20 years ago, and wasn't even part of the Metro Area. Now, It's fully developed and well within the Metro Area, but the cops still have a small town mentality. In other words, we have a lot of speed traps. Most of the roads through town are two lanes with low speed limits and no passing. I get a lot of people who are trying to go through town in order to bypass a backup on one freeway and/or get on another freeway, and for some reason they usually end up tailgating me because they don't like going 30 MPH in a 30MPH zone.

Here's how I like to handle that situation. If I know a speed trap is coming up, and some jackass is riding 3 feet off my bumper, I'll slow down. I'll go 25 MPH or 20 MPH, then I'll pull over to the shoulder and wave them by. They all do the same thing, they gun their engines and flip me off as they drive by, I guess they think they're teaching me a lesson or something. Anyway, the result is that they are going about 50MPH when they hit the radar zone.

As I drive by them right after they've been pulled over, I like to give them a couple of quick honks just to let them know that I was very impressed with their driving skills and that I was deeply hurt by their giving me the finger. Many days I don't even fully recover from the knowledge that someone out there doesn't appreciate my driving skills.:evil:

Love it.

Am I the only one who does this?

When I'm in line at the grocery store's express lane the person in front of me ALWAYS has more than the ten items that are allowed in this line. It frustrates me to no end so I've taken to always buying a box of cherry tomatoes when I know I'll be using the express line. What I do is "accidentally" spill the contents of the flimsy plastic box on the floor right under the feet of the offender. When the person slips and falls I make a crack..."oops, I guess there were more than ten tomatoes in that container."

:eusa_whistle:

I could be mistaken, but isn't it ILLEGAL to pass on the right? What about 'too fast for conditions?' The dumb bitch line jumping on the right was endangering everyone on the road, and in my opinion Mich taught the stupid whore a lesson. I wouldn't have let her in either, except I'd have looked at her when she was flailing to get my attention and flipped her off, and after she was in the ditch, I sure as hell wouldn't have stopped. She was just another arrogant, it's all about me, skank that was EXPECTING others to do her bidding, as if she was somehow MORE IMPORTANT than anyone else on the fucking road. I hate people like that, female or male, and love it when they get put in their place.

Nice going Mich.

Last edited:
are you the only one who will endanger someone's live to prove a point? i hope so.

It's funny how differently people will sometimes act when they are in their car. I would never have done what either one of these drivers did. Not worth it to jump the line, not worth it to prove a point.

I must say, I agree totally---100%. My ego isn't challenged. Those people are minor irritants.

I am not going to be part of some asshole endangering themselves. I usually let them go without a comment. Other times they get the finger or angry shouts.

It isn't worth endangering them to prove a point, and I'm not really into being passive aggressive.

but, it is a funny story.

thing is if I were behind them...I might have gotten out to render assistance and called both of them assholes. :eusa_whistle:

cool Amanda. you have shown yourself to be more mature than many here.

hat's off to ya

d.
:cool:

My favorite are when ignorant and oblivious assholes either don't pay attention to motorcyclists (and I am a motorcyclist...), or they decide to cut them off because they figure they're not at risk and the motorcyclist is and will give way

One of the main reasons I carry a nice length of heavy chain, and always have 4 golf balls in my pockets when I ride

I do hate people who get too close to cycles. When I get a chance I get behind cycles and keep a good distance between us. It show others who may be oblivious that bikers should be given respect on the road.

I'm amazed at how some think it's their purpose or duty to "punish" others or teach them a lesson. I believe that people that are mean or take advantage of others "get theirs" because their live isn't full of joy and happiness. I don't need to teach them anything except compassion and love. I don't think putting them in a ditch teaches them anything useful, I think it probably makes them feel less goodness toward the rest of humanity, thus makes the problem worse.

Forum List

Back