I get to pick a fight today

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
And i am looking forward to it.

Now in June, i started paying into a heating oil budget plan based on the oil prices in June, which as you know were much higher than they are today and my oil usage from last year.

Well I installed all new doors ans windows and upgraded the insulation throughout the house since last winter. And a good friend of mine filled up both of my tanks as a Christmas present so needless to say i had to buy much much less oil this year.

long story short,i now have a $1735 credit with the oil company and i was told yesterday that they will not issue me a refund check.

So in less than half an hour i get to talk to the manager of the company that was conveniently out of the office yesterday.

DING

Now in June, i started paying into a heating oil budget plan based on the oil prices in June, which as you know were much higher than they are today and my oil usage from last year.

Well I installed all new doors ans windows and upgraded the insulation throughout the house since last winter. And a good friend of mine filled up both of my tanks as a Christmas present so needless to say i had to buy much much less oil this year.

long story short,i now have a $1735 credit with the oil company and i was told yesterday that they will not issue me a refund check.

So in less than half an hour i get to talk to the manager of the company that was conveniently out of the office yesterday.

DING

The oil retailer probably bought the oil ahead at the higher prices.

Hey you're lucky. At least they're still in business

A lot of people who prepaid oil lost every cent they had because some retailer fuel companies went broke playing the oil futures games.

DING

A lot of people who prepaid oil lost every cent they had because some retailer fuel companies went broke playing the oil futures games.

But is the oil company's mistake, if that's what they did, my problem?

I didn't lock in a price, i merely prepaid for oil yet to be used and would be charged the going daily rate for oil whenever i ordered. We had no contract and there was nothing I signed that said there would be no refunds. If that were the case, I never would have prepaid.

So now I am waiting for a call back. We'll see. And if they don't want to refund the money, I have nothing better to do today so I'll head right down to the district court and file a small claims action.

Let's see if this company wants to be the one who refuses to refund overpayment to customers in this economy.

DING

But is the oil company's mistake, if that's what they did, my problem?

Not if they don't go bankrupt, no. Of course you'll probably have to take them to court to get you money back.

Now that is your problem.

I didn't lock in a price, i merely prepaid for oil yet to be used and would be charged the going daily rate for oil whenever i ordered. We had no contract and there was nothing I signed that said there would be no refunds. If that were the case, I never would have prepaid.

Oh...that a different kettle of fish entirely, then. Yeah, they are definitely trying to screw you.

So now I am waiting for a call back. We'll see. And if they don't want to refund the money, I have nothing better to do today so I'll head right down to the district court and file a small claims action.

Don't blame you one damned bit.

Let's see if this company wants to be the one who refuses to refund overpayment to customers in this economy.

Go YOU!

hmmm if there is no contract then you are home free....but i have to wonder...if you prepaid then got the gift from your good buddy and that is why you have the huge credit? plus how good is your handshake? if there a verbal deal? how were the prepayments tracked? i just have a lot of questions?

hmmm if there is no contract then you are home free....but i have to wonder...if you prepaid then got the gift from your good buddy and that is why you have the huge credit? plus how good is your handshake? if there a verbal deal? how were the prepayments tracked? i just have a lot of questions?

i have been getting monthly statements and the last one i got last week states plain as day that I have a $1734.42 credit.

And my friend used another oil company, not the one i have been using for the past year so his gift did nothing to affect my credit balance with this particular company.

The whole thing stinks and i still haven't been called back. I'll give then until 4 PM then

DING: Round two.

When I was living in a basement apartment with my two little kids, they were playing outside and the electric meter outside blew up and shot flames out over their heads. I called my landlord who was told by the electric company to call the local electrical business and have them fix it, and the electric company would check up on it, or pay the bill, or whatever.

La la la...I'm coasting along, going to school on my full scholarship, raising my two little boys, and working in the newsroom...and I'm at work one morning and one of the reporters says, "Hey, Allie, you made the paper!" I was like whaaaa?

I was in the crime log for THEFT OF SERVICES and METER TAMPERING.

I called them and not only were they rude, they just told me too bad so sad.

So my sister who was a deputy DA took me to the office and we got the little matter settled.

The thing is, it SUCKS for ordinary people who don't have sisters who are attorneys, and who don't work in the newsroom. If I was just a regular welfare mom with no resources, nobody to speak for me, I'd have gotten a felony. That certainly makes it easy to climb the ladder of success.

So good luck with the assholes. I wouldn't waste a lot of time on it. If they don't get back to you, find an attorney or find somebody to play one on the telephone and get on their ass. Go to the court and file a small claim against them, call the DA, whatever it takes. Get an advocate.

Forum List

Back